Ross Making 1 last push!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross Making 1 last push!!

2 things strike me. Why is Ross waiting till now to make a "push"
for Harbaugh?

Also read some place mrs. Harbaugh not to excited about south beach
that's saban 2.0 right there

I dont believe anything at this point. Im just trying to figure out how he could negotiate for a coach when he has not fired the one he has. With the Ronney rule he has to actually have a process and cant just say well im outbidding for a guy esp when he still has a guy
umm, actually this is a good point. Whats the penalty for not following the Rooney rule?
Is it just monetary?
Chubbs

Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross has traveled to the West Coast in an urgent effort to convince Stanford's Jim Harbaugh to become his next coach, according to two sources.

Ross was accompanied by general manager Jeff Ireland and former NFL executive Carl Peterson to make the pitch to Harbaugh to replace Tony Sparano as the team's head coach, the sources said. Ross is willing to make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in the NFL, which would place his salary in the $7-to-$8-million range, the sources said, after receiving a signal from the Stanford coach that he was now willing to listen seriously to the team's presentation

The Dolphins still would need to satisfy the NFL's Rooney Rule that requires teams to interview minority candidates before hiring a new coach. Sparano also has not been fired yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5993761

umm, actually this is a good point. Whats the penalty for not following the Rooney rule?
Is it just monetary?
Chubbs

The Lions broke it in 2003 when they hired Mariucci and were fined a couple hundred thousand dollars. Thats the only penalty I know about thats come from it

Things are heating up! Well atleast we have some type of confirmed news of what Ross is doing.
Chubbs

I dont believe anything at this point. Im just trying to figure out how he could negotiate for a coach when he has not fired the one he has. With the Ronney rule he has to actually have a process and cant just say well im outbidding for a guy esp when he still has a guy

thank you sir

a point lost on everyone!

The NFL won't stand for this SF will protest and Miami will be stripped of draft picks

Wow! Ross, Ireland and Carl Peterson are on their way to talk to Harbaugh. Apparently Ross is ready to make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in the NFL.

Still though, at the same time it is very odd that Sparano still has Job.

Back
Top Bottom