Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all

I'd feel comfortable at TE with Finley, Fasano and Clay.....if he gets cut I hope we target him heavy. Yes he has drops, but his ceiling for production is very high and he's a play-maker.

you sign him and jennings for $12 mil per total you have had yourself a heck of an opening to free agency...heck you could honestly walk away from free agency after adding those two and feel like you made sound investments with solid returns and significant upgrades at key positions to this miami team...

Yep.

I'm in, but only at the right price. The guy has a lot of drops and seems like an underachiever to me. Loads of talent but the production hasn't quite matched.

You guys do realize he had 2 TDs last year and Fasano had 5 ? Over the last two years they both had 10. I'm not suggesting that Fasano is the superior player, I just don't think Finley is 'the savior' and I don't want to pay him like one.

Did the drops outnumber the receptions, or vice versa? :confused:

Instant upgrade, you got to give him a look. Get Jennings a soon as FA opens as well to sweeten the pot a little more for him.

Anybody think the whole prior connection with Philbin and GB gets overplayed? The guys are gonna sign where the money is. I don't think they care near as much as people like to lead on that a former OC of theirs is in Miami. We still have to cough up the bucks like anybody would. Certainly is not a disadvantage...just sayin'.

If I'm coughing up big bucks for anyone it's Mike Wallace. Period.

b/t on mike wallace i'm hearing a lot of he's not a good soldier type stuff on him...but that may all be related to his peanuts contract he played under in pittsburgh...but there's a lot of rumors about he's not a good teammate and he's got a bad attitude...

We have to sign a WR and TE in free agency IMO. Can't be just one or the other. Finley or Cook, sign Jennings, draft an early round TE (Ertz or Eifert). Cut Egnew, let Fasano walk. And done with this offseason at least. Should be plenty of playmakers for Tannehill. A massive upgrade. No excuse not to make the playoffs.

I've always been a fan of Finley's talent. But it does worry me if he has attitude problems in a clearly excellent environment (great QB, team success, surrounded by great WR talent, offense that spreads it around and scores tons of points, very positive media city, etc. etc. etc.), how would he do in the tempting environment of Miami with an army of hangers-on, a bashing media who isn't very knowledgable about football, and a rebuilding team that does not score lots of points? It might be fine ... but it does concern me.

The thing that really struck me about that highlight video though was how they used him. Finley has deep speed and explosiveness yet they used him in exactly the same way Notre Dame used Eifert minus the jump balls. Just about all of those routes and minor separation throws that Finley provided in that highlight film could be done as well or better by Tyler Eifert, who I believe is far less explosive and has far less deep speed. What Eifert does have is length and natural hands, which were the basis of most of those throws that Finley caught on that highlight video. I didn't see the type of deep throws that the Chargers throw to Gates or the 49'ers throw to Vernon Davis.

b/t on mike wallace i'm hearing a lot of he's not a good soldier type stuff on him...but that may all be related to his peanuts contract he played under in pittsburgh...but there's a lot of rumors about he's not a good teammate and he's got a bad attitude...

Another S. Holmes?

If this is any where close to a possibility, no thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

We have to sign a WR and TE in free agency IMO. Can't be just one or the other. Finley or Cook, sign Jennings, draft an early round TE (Ertz or Eifert). Cut Egnew, let Fasano walk. And done with this offseason at least. Should be plenty of playmakers for Tannehill. A massive upgrade. No excuse not to make the playoffs.

But Fasano is solid! He can block!:rolleyes2:

I've never really heard of any issues with Mike Wallace except the contract.

He's very tempting but he's not a complete receiver. I'm just a little scared that he'll come to Miami and in our system not look as interesting. You'd hate for him to JUST be a guy that scares defenses into keeping a safety deep. You want him to actually participate and produce.

you sign him and jennings for $12 mil per total you have had yourself a heck of an opening to free agency...heck you could honestly walk away from free agency after adding those two and feel like you made sound investments with solid returns and significant upgrades at key positions to this miami team...

$12 million per for both is an overly optimistic estimate, imo. Jennings I think would cost about $8 million and Finley $6 million, imo. If you're getting Finley for a lower number it's on a one or two year deal only, with his expectation to get big money in the next deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom