Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

pocketacesaa23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There's still over a month to go before the start of free agency, but it's a poor sign for Bush's Dolphins future. The local consensus has been that Bush will be offered a "team-friendly" deal, but allowed to reach the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported Bush is "highly unlikely" to be back. The way things are trending, Bush's "team-friendly" offer may never even materialize

Personally,I appreciate all that bush have done for us the past 2 years and the work ethic he has mentored to all the young players,But I dont exepect him back at all, I think ruuning back is lamar miller postion if he wants it and the kid is a straight up beast,trust me and i believe philbin and ireland know that....Give the kid a chance,He is a ray rice/chris johnson mix!....Best of luck to bush!

I like Bush, but I can see why he's not a priority. I think they will eventually make him an offer, but it all depends on what Ireland and Philbin end up offering our other pending free agents. I think Bush is on the list, but he's closer to the bottom of the list.

There's still over a month to go before the start of free agency, but it's a poor sign for Bush's Dolphins future. The local consensus has been that Bush will be offered a "team-friendly" deal, but allowed to reach the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported Bush is "highly unlikely" to be back. The way things are trending, Bush's "team-friendly" offer may never even materialize

Personally,I appreciate all that bush have done for us the past 2 years and the work ethic he has mentored to all the young players,But I dont exepect him back at all, I think ruuning back is lamar miller postion if he wants it and the kid is a straight up beast,trust me and i believe philbin and ireland know that....Give the kid a chance,He is a ray rice/chris johnson mix!....Best of luck to bush!

Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.

Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.

Good Question! I think this is the problem with brining Bush back. I highly doubt he wants a "back-up" role and by the looks of things the team wants Miller to be the starter. I'm personally hoping they address the 3rd spot by drafting UFs Mike Gillislee! Also, let's no forget about Gary!

They will let the market dictate his value, at this point its a smart move. The FA RB market is quickly being flooded with decent names (Ahmad Bradshaw, Steven Jackson, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Cedric Benson, Shoonee Greene, Rashard Mendenhall) so it may seem that if Reggie does not take a very team friendly contract we would bring someone else desperate for work that will.

In addition even if Reggie comes back I see Miller being the lead RB of the 1-2 punch.

Reggie Bush was the only reason I enjoyed watching the Dolphins offense this season... Lamar Miller is the future at the RB position but a Reggie Bush and Lamar Miller combo is a very good duo to have.

Daniel Thomas on the other hand should be the 2nd RB on someone else's depth chart.

Why do the dolphins like to keep scrubs like Jason Allen and Chris Clemons for years on end but they love to let go of play makers like Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall?

* "Let's make Fasano the highest paid T.E. in the league!" - Jeff Ireland

*(Not a real quote).... I hate you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reggie is going to want an expensive contract for the purpose of being used for "if/when" Lamar Miller gets injured. That is why they are letting time elapse, and probably letting him hit the market, to demonstrate his value is lower than what he thinks it is. It will undoubtedly help our offense keeping him in the lineup, but we don't want to pay him $5 mil a year....that money can be put to better use.

I appreciate the fact you like our own FA's. but you do realize there are other guys in FA and in the draft that can fill the spot Reggie leaves right?

There is no FA RB better than Reggie Bush.

That may be true but it's not like he blows those other guys away. Reggie's great moments are separated by far too many moments of mediocrity - 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Depending on what he wants, he may come back but the priorities have to be to find impact starters not backs that can barely scratch out 60 yards a game.

One of the hardest things to do as a general manager is let popular players walk. It happened with Jason Taylor, it happened with Zach Thomas, it happened to Ricky Williams, and it damn near happened to Dan Marino(who retired instead of playing another season for another team).

We have depth and talent at running back. Miller showed some explosiveness and Thigpen made some plays on special teams. Oh, and we invested in that Daniel Thomas guy also. Reggie has a Superbowl ring and he made absurd amounts of money. I dont think either of those things will move him much. What Reggie DOES want is a starting job. He will be looking for some sort of guarantee and we cant give it to him. We just have to many other talented players. If we rack up injuries to our 3 younger players, we can get by on a newly signed free agent. I have a feeling if we are suffering that many injuries we will have bigger concerns than not resigning Reggie.

Appreciate the 2 years you gave us Reggie, and really appreciate your role as a locker room leader. But its time to let him walk.

Problem I think is that we just don't NEED him like we need some other things. I think Reggie Bush is the best luxury in the NFL. were not in a place to have luxuries. We have needs.

Back
Top Bottom