Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pocketacesaa23, Feb 8, 2013.

1. pocketacesaa23

pocketacesaa23 Active Member

There's still over a month to go before the start of free agency, but it's a poor sign for Bush's Dolphins future. The local consensus has been that Bush will be offered a "team-friendly" deal, but allowed to reach the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported Bush is "highly unlikely" to be back. The way things are trending, Bush's "team-friendly" offer may never even materialize

Personally,I appreciate all that bush have done for us the past 2 years and the work ethic he has mentored to all the young players,But I dont exepect him back at all, I think ruuning back is lamar miller postion if he wants it and the kid is a straight up beast,trust me and i believe philbin and ireland know that....Give the kid a chance,He is a ray rice/chris johnson mix!....Best of luck to bush!

2. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

I like Bush, but I can see why he's not a priority. I think they will eventually make him an offer, but it all depends on what Ireland and Philbin end up offering our other pending free agents. I think Bush is on the list, but he's closer to the bottom of the list.

3. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.

4. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Good Question! I think this is the problem with brining Bush back. I highly doubt he wants a "back-up" role and by the looks of things the team wants Miller to be the starter. I'm personally hoping they address the 3rd spot by drafting UFs Mike Gillislee! Also, let's no forget about Gary!

5. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

They will let the market dictate his value, at this point its a smart move. The FA RB market is quickly being flooded with decent names (Ahmad Bradshaw, Steven Jackson, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Cedric Benson, Shoonee Greene, Rashard Mendenhall) so it may seem that if Reggie does not take a very team friendly contract we would bring someone else desperate for work that will.

In addition even if Reggie comes back I see Miller being the lead RB of the 1-2 punch.

6. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Reggie Bush was the only reason I enjoyed watching the Dolphins offense this season... Lamar Miller is the future at the RB position but a Reggie Bush and Lamar Miller combo is a very good duo to have.

Daniel Thomas on the other hand should be the 2nd RB on someone else's depth chart.

Why do the dolphins like to keep scrubs like Jason Allen and Chris Clemons for years on end but they love to let go of play makers like Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall?

* "Let's make Fasano the highest paid T.E. in the league!" - Jeff Ireland

*(Not a real quote).... I hate you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  7. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Reggie is going to want an expensive contract for the purpose of being used for "if/when" Lamar Miller gets injured. That is why they are letting time elapse, and probably letting him hit the market, to demonstrate his value is lower than what he thinks it is. It will undoubtedly help our offense keeping him in the lineup, but we don't want to pay him $5 mil a year....that money can be put to better use.

8. The Omen

The Omen Well-Known Member

I appreciate the fact you like our own FA's. but you do realize there are other guys in FA and in the draft that can fill the spot Reggie leaves right?

9. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

There is no FA RB better than Reggie Bush.

10. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

I hope to god Jonas is legit..

11. FrostyFinFan

FrostyFinFan Well-Known Member

That would help tremendously! Hopefully, the coaches have a good read on him and he's healthy next year.

12. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

That may be true but it's not like he blows those other guys away. Reggie's great moments are separated by far too many moments of mediocrity - 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Depending on what he wants, he may come back but the priorities have to be to find impact starters not backs that can barely scratch out 60 yards a game.

13. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

One of the hardest things to do as a general manager is let popular players walk. It happened with Jason Taylor, it happened with Zach Thomas, it happened to Ricky Williams, and it damn near happened to Dan Marino(who retired instead of playing another season for another team).

We have depth and talent at running back. Miller showed some explosiveness and Thigpen made some plays on special teams. Oh, and we invested in that Daniel Thomas guy also. Reggie has a Superbowl ring and he made absurd amounts of money. I dont think either of those things will move him much. What Reggie DOES want is a starting job. He will be looking for some sort of guarantee and we cant give it to him. We just have to many other talented players. If we rack up injuries to our 3 younger players, we can get by on a newly signed free agent. I have a feeling if we are suffering that many injuries we will have bigger concerns than not resigning Reggie.

Appreciate the 2 years you gave us Reggie, and really appreciate your role as a locker room leader. But its time to let him walk.

14. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

No matter how much you love Bush, He is not worth the price tag he is looking for. Not worth a penny over $3-4MM.

15. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

Problem I think is that we just don't NEED him like we need some other things. I think Reggie Bush is the best luxury in the NFL. were not in a place to have luxuries. We have needs.

16. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

This right here!

17. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

Sounds like they are going to try it with Miller, or grab a cheaper option in FA. I like Reggie, but there seem to be options at RB out there, as opposed to some of the other holes we have to fill/ avoid filling by re-signing some of the guys we already have. I understand why he isn't a priority, and probably why he shouldn't be.

18. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Not complicated. You play 16 times per year and devote the remaining days to thought. Thought is dangerous.

Contrarians are not adaptable. Jeff Ireland is a cheapskate contrarian. He refuses to believe certain players are a decisive cut above. In his mind, there's always a price that can make up the difference.

It reminds me of what I've experienced in Las Vegas for decades. Tourists and recreational bettors take the favorite, almost without exception. That's the mindset that would keep Reggie Bush. They know the name. They like touchdowns. On the other side are the so-called wise guys. They are desperate to buck trends, to mock the public, to take the underdog and beg for them to hang in there. Contrarian wise guys thrill to pretend their edge over the public is massive, when in truth it's minimal to nonexistent. They survive on getting better numbers, not offering better opinions. Only a handful of contrarian wise guys can set aside their biases toward the underdog and switch to taking the power favorite when proper. Jeff Ireland hasn't demonstrated that skill.

19. dunbar1352

dunbar1352 Active Member

Good. We can do better

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Or he is gonna do what ryan clark did to us.

20. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I personally hope we keep bush unless he wants outrageous money. At 5 a year for 3 years he would be a bargain and we dont have a running back as good as him on team. He can do alot of things on field.
    His pass catching ability is probably the best among runningbacks in nfll. we can afford to pay him a little change because his backups make squat, and we dont have alot of money invested in qb either.

21. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Silly to think that players are not about the money. Ryan Clark chose the steelers and why wouldnt he at the time. nobody used us . Reggie owuld be stupid to take a lowball offer if he could get much more elsewhere

22. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

Reggie most likely won't accept a back-up role on any team and I can't blame him. However, if a team like the Packers or Lions does not sign him and no one offers him a starting contract, I can see him accepting the back-up role here in Miami, splitting carries with Lamar.

23. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I very much doubt that Miller would start over Bush. If he was to be a backup there are much better teams with better backs to backup. Hell go to NE and split carries and possibly get another ring

24. dunbar1352

dunbar1352 Active Member

25. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

26. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

For a team not to give their starting running back any contract conversation a couple months past Miami's final game, that is not good. Ireland has stated how he has Lamar preparing for huge roles in 2013. Lamar is going to be the primary back next season, and I'm looking forward to it.

27. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

So ireland chooses who starts for us. Look Miller looked fine but way too little to know if he can carry the load. He really didnt play much in any meaningful games

28. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

+

i agree with keepin him because with some REAL WRs THAT CAN STRECH THE FIELD and he can play to his strenght because they sure as heck dont wont to put a LB on him out of the bk field , i think that bush will benefit a whole lot more to our team , if we will use him the right way , with the field being streched with the wrs and TEs , we can let bush play to his strenght . imo bush would resign with us for around 3-4 mil .

29. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

Did you, or anyone ele, watch MIAMI play last season? MILLER was mediocre on his BEST day. I/m/o, he's more likely to bust than ever be as good as BUSH. If MIAMI's organization thinks the opposite, then I begin to understand why MIAMI has sucked Wazoo fo so long, and why it's likely to continue...sucking, that is.

30. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Re-sign Bush and dump Daniel Thomas.

31. FINMAN13

FINMAN13 Starter

I know it will not happen... But I could see Bush as an extremely effective slot WR in just about any system. I don't think he can continue to take a pounding as a RB and it would be cool to see him as a WR.

32. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

No, Ireland doesn't command who starts for us, but don't you think he has a massive part in who does? Lol if Reggie is gone, you can guarantee Lamaras the primary back.

33. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Who cares? It's a passing league. You can find running backs in the 6th round.

34. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Finheaven VIP Donator

im actually happy about this. hopefully they let him walk

35. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Just saying if Bush comes back Ireland has no impact on whether Miller starts. Yes he can thin the herd but he is no way qualified to pick who should be starting and if he is the one making the decision then Philben is an idiot. ( I dont think philben is an idiot)

36. Irishfinfan1

Irishfinfan1 Well-Known Member

Bush is clearly a great receiving RB, to be fair I don't think we used that as much as we should have. I just hate the fact that if it's third and 1 Bush is the last person you would want back there. As a result ideally he shouldn't be a starting RB for us.

37. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

Reggie Bush - RB - Dolphins
    The Palm Beach Post says impending free agent Reggie Bush still "badly" wants to return to Miami.
    Bush's representation is reportedly "confused" why the Dolphins have yet to make an offer. Look no further than the cheaper, younger, and maybe more-talented Lamar Miller as the reasoning, Reggie. CBS' Jason La Canfora has deemed Bush "highly unlikely" to return to Miami, and that "team-friendly" offer the Dolphins were planning may not even make it out of the printer.
    Source: Palm Beach Post Feb 10 - 11:20 AM

38. Firewall

Firewall Active Member

I want Bush back.

39. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

the market for Rb's has small, the money won't be what the talent level of the player, so if these FA's think that they're going to gut some team they are sadly mistaking. Bush is a good piece to have but he is replacable with a much cheaper player.

40. phinfan4life1

phinfan4life1 Active Member

re-sign Bush @ 3yrs/12mil.. change offensive philosophy to spread the defense out.. Lamar Miller #1 tailback Bush #2 used in slot mainly.. create mismatches with Bush in space create creases for Miller to bust open.. move the chains score touchdowns.. win ballgames!! The end!