Roy Miller DT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roy Miller DT

He's played for the other 2 teams in Florida, why not keep him in state and get ourselves a 3 man rotation at DT going while developing the rookies.

We need depth at DT, but Phillips and Suh are locks to make the 53, Okoye has looked good in camp and then you have the two rookies. How many dt's can you afford to carry on the 53 man roster, unless the play is to cut one of the drafted rookies. I'm thinking 5 de make the final roster and 4 or 5 dt. Maybe bring Miller in to compete with Okoye and try to stash one of the rookies on the practice squad.

Always worth a look. I'm not familiar with his work at all, but I'm starting to trust their process of evaluation after this last draft.

I'm guessing they'll wait for cut day for a better prospect. Possibly poach a practice squad guy.

In the past, I would tend to think the front office was being obtuse or slow to react. Now I'm seeing their patience pay off with guys like Asiata.

No better example than the year they traded for McKinney. They had better options if they were more proactive. Then they just release him when he could have been a solid guard ala Bushrod.

Then again, I'm not privy to other extenuating circumstances that revolve around these acquisitions. Like if the guy even wants to play for us like Evan Mathis. His decision paid off in a Super Bowl ring.

He was great in Knight and Day ... but I'm not sure Tom Cruise did him justice!

The Natural came to my mind...Although that fat ass qb from Kentucky that the Giants drafted a few years back would fit the narrative better. Ex QB turned DT after a harrowing car accident caused by the "hot doughnuts now" sign at a Krispy Kreme relegates his arm inneffective while killing a child in the process.

Shows up years later on the Browns while Dick Vermeil is head coach. Leads the league in sacks and gets them in the playoffs, effectively winning one for Pops.

The crescendo scene being him knocking the QB so far to the sideline that he smashes a breaker box, sending a chain reaction that explodes the lighting in the stadium and cuts off the grid for blocks...Which, of course, spirals into a riot where fat Clevelanders raid the local delis for sausage and Gifelta fish.

Back
Top Bottom