Rueben Foster had rotator cuff surgery will take about 4 months to recover | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rueben Foster had rotator cuff surgery will take about 4 months to recover

He'll be thoroughly evaluated, medically, at the combine. Highly doubt this makes a difference though. As long as medical staffs think he'll make a full recovery and won't have recurring issues he draft status won't change. Plenty of tape on the guy for teams to evaluate him. Too many teams are desperate for LBs since it's been a very thin draft position for years now. This class is decent as far as depth but not deep. There's about 10-12 good linebackers and then a huge drop off. Those guys will go quick. Probably about half will go in the 1st round.

If this is true, then put the spotlight strong on him, watch him to see how well he is recuperating, and if he falls to the Dolphins (Unless it looks to be more serious then just a 4 month wait), I don't care if it will be 4 months, take a chance on him, and hope by the 1st quarter of the season or better, he is ready to go, especially if Cunningham is gone.

I would even be fine with a little gambling in trying to go full Alabama early, and taking Howard in the 1st, and hoping Foster is still there when they pick in the 2nd.

I've seen Foster consistently mocked in the top 10, but I've always wondered if he'd drop just outside of top 10. It's pretty rare for a linebacker to go that high. With the injury, I have to think he will drop at least a little bit. Doubt that he ends up crashing very far, but a lot will depend on how teams evaluate his injury.

I would be ok with drafting Foster and signing an old vet to hold down the job for a year.

Hopefully the medical staff doesn't recommend Culpepper as a viable alternative...

Back
Top Bottom