Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope

I'm all for it, if he's available with our first 3rd round pick I'd snatch him up QUICK

My favourite player in the draft... couldn't give a damn what rantsports have to say about him though,

Mike Wallace and Ryan Swope on the outside with Bess and Matthews in the slot and Miller in the backfield. Beautiful. It'd be great.if we could nab Swope with our top 3rd rounder, although he may even be worth a 2nd.

Maybe this is the "slot" receiver that Ireland referred to in that Senior Bowl interview where he said he may upgrade at? Hmm. Could Bess be on the trading block? Hmm...

My fear is that they pass on Stedman to bring Swope here. Or that they take em both and don't address the WR issue in Free Agency. That's what I meant when I said hoping it was only a rumor, I should have been more clear about that. Assuming they take em both and move a guy like Bess, I'd be more on board with it. I don't think it's wise to pass on Stedman should he be available. I also don't think it's wise to pass on a Free Agent to save money. Those are my fears.

Swope will be there well into day three.

They say he "can" run a 4.4 but is generally a 4.5 guy. I don't know. I'm more in the school of thought that if we sign Jennings, both our early round and mid to late round wr draft picks should be 4.4 or lower guys, but hey. Now if we instead sign Wallace, then I could be happy with one 4.4 or lower and a 4.4/4.5 guy like Swope replacing Bess in the mid to late rounds. Ryan yo Ryan TD! I can see that. :)

having watched this kid, he could be lightning in a bottle and would be a great addition. we lose either hartline or bess, i see him coming in and contributing.

Swope is as tough as nails, he was getting smashed against Alabama and got right back up as if he didn't feel a hit. He got hit helmet to helmet once too after making a big catch and just jumped right up on fire.

How would "rantsports" know this?

I'm sure Jeff Ireland has given their reporters a full briefing of what his draft board looks like at the moment.

They've just seen we are short at wideout, and Swope played with Tannehill in college and decided he is automatically a target for us. Nothing to see here.

Back
Top Bottom