Rumor: Owner Stephen Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, Ross & Harbaugh meeting goes great

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Jan 4, 2011.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Spoke to my source this AM after waking up and witnessing all these Harbaugh stories. Had to thank the guy for hooking us up here on Finheaven.com. The latest is that Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, he says Ross is willing to do anything & everything to make this team a contender. Like Armando Salguero reported Ireland & Nolan are untouchable to Ross, he loves both guys especially Nolan.

Tells me Cowher with all his demands really turned off the team. He says the talks between Ross & Harbaugh have been extremely positive and their is a real good chance this happens. They have been meeting for the last week & the reason Ireland was at the Standford practices was because he was pursuing Harbaugh. Things are moving very fast and smooth so stay tuned.

TheBow305 likes this.
  2. vcip

vcip Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm on board 100% with this. Thanks for the report.

3. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I hope you're source is right. Don't tease me like this! This is the guy I've been wanting for weeks!

4. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Hiring Harbaugh would remove any of the doubts I have about Ross, and I had a lot when we first got him.

5. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

He must have liked what he saw last night.

6. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Did your source get this info from PFT where the story was posted earlier?

7. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Come on Man! I have been hooking you guys up all week. Don't act like these stories are new :eek:)

8. newlownorder

newlownorder Hoof Hearted

We could actually have a guy who knows how to run an offense.

9. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Just like they got the story from PFT when no one had reported it.

10. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Keeping Ireland gives me plenty of doubt despite a new coach. Will Ireland work with the new coach to get the players he needs or will it be more O-line and D-line in the early rounds of the draft?

11. ATL-DOLFAN

ATL-DOLFAN Starter

I hope you are right, there is a lot of info out there now. Its like a roller coaster ride of info now. Can't wait til its over and we see who we have. Harbaugh with Nolan as DC and (ANYONE else at OC) would be good.

12. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Since you aren't a reporter, why can't you tell us who your source is?

13. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

14. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

This would be fantastic if it comes to fruition! I like the idea of a young coach who is a winner, has NFL ties, and will have an established GM to handle the personnel duties. I believe that was Saban and Wanny's undoing as they were not suited to handling personnel and coaching entirely. I could definitely live with Harbaugh, Ireland, Nolan and a cracker-jack OC. Then, we are really only a QB from being a strong playoff team although we are still a ways from being elite.

15. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

I thought after listening to ESPN last night he would definitely go to San Fran

16. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

I heard a very interesting comment today that Parcells left because he and Ireland were at each others throat. In fact, Ireland stopped coming to work. If true, it makes sense why they would keep Ireland. He is respected around the league as a personnel man.

17. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

your the man!!!

18. Phinfan99

Phinfan99 JUICE IS LOOSE

I would like to see Tony return but it's not up to me sooooooooo maybe we do fire him and Harbaugh does not leave Stanford where does that leave us then? Who else would be on the list of HC that you would like to see?

19. Jdub561

Jdub561 Starter

Im not going to Lie.....Im pretty turned on right now....

20. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

If this happens, we must do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to get Andrew Luck. I don't care if we have to give up our 1st rounder for the next 3 or 4 years- get Andrew Luck at all costs.

21. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

What exactly has he done to even warrant a 4th season has head coach? Read Ricky's comments and then reevaluate your stance.

22. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

what have we learned this past week? dont believe any story unless it comes from a dolphin employee.

23. dolphinsbshaw72

dolphinsbshaw72 Well-Known Member

thats funny ****..lol honestly i would rather keep the coach we have now.. but i will be happy with what ever we do as long as it gets more wins,division titles and super bowls :hump:

24. DolphinFan87

DolphinFan87 Rookie Donator

25. Rich22

Rich22 Phin DieHard!

You Da Man!! Thanks for the info! This is good news. I am glad to see Ross values Nolan so much. It would be critical if they do bring in JH for him to have a guy like Nolan to run the D side. Ireland has made some good and bad moves. Th eproblem is with BP around you never knew whose move it really was. PWhite for ex: I have to believe that was BP's call.

26. nolefin

nolefin thank you Donator

luck luck luck luck luck trade it all to get him i dont care luck luck luck luck pleeeeeeeeease

27. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

After reading Ricky's comments I have a new outlook on Sparano. Ricky has been through this entire thing before with Wanny and if he is ready to bail on the Fins because of Sparano and his conservative game planning I trust his judgement. I feel the rest of the quotes we are getting are just lip speak and if Sparano is replaced we will get the real info on what the players think. I don't however want our new coach (if one is hired )to get rid of Ireland or Nolan. Ireland is well respected througout the league has a personal man/scout and I really want to see what he can do without Parcells looking over his shoulder. Nolan has already turned our D around so losing him would definitely suck. I suppose the worst outcome would be us keeping Sparano with him having to find a new OC. Hopefully he would bring in one with as much talent and vision as Nolan and lets him do likewise/do his own gameplanning/game day calls without any imput. Then he could still be what he is today, a fist-pumping, pom pom waiving, sidelines cheerleader with HC as his title.

28. JEDIJ007

JEDIJ007 It's a trap! Finheaven VIP

Ross needs to sign him. we need to get rid of morano and henning.

29. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

I'm not a van fan of posts that start off by saying "My source tells me"... why would they tell you anything in confidence when you come here and blab it all over?

Why do you have "sources" when guys who get locker room credentials can't?

If you're this good you should be a reporter instead of pumping gas.

Any one of us could start a thread like this. Mine would like.. "A friend of my brother has a sister who is dating the cousin of someone who went to school with the bother of Ross"..

All speculation...

30. mnphinfan

You do realize that some of the posters on this sight have close personal relationships with people working in the Dolphins orginization. I'm not saying I'm one of them but I definitely know a few of them do. Sure what we get from them is heresay that trickles through the organization but some of the times, heck alot of the time the info is spot on. I for one living 1800 miles away am thankful for any spec of info we can get on the situation at this time. Especially something that doesn't come from the major new source BSPN.

31. MiaMarino

MiaMarino Starter

Do we really want to go the "hottest college coach" route again? Wasn't O-Saban-bin-Lyin' enough? I would rather keep Jeff & Tony, & get a new OC. We need to find the next Sean Payton or Mike Tomlin. They weren't exactly household names you know.

32. Daytona Fin

i highly doubt someone within the organization is going to keep giving info to someone who always spills the beans on some fan forum. why would they risk their job for that?

33. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

That's your choice. I don't trust anything that doesn't come from "reliable" sources. Just because they work for the Dolphins doesn't make them reliable.

34. mnphinfan

Just imagine how many people work in the organization, gotta be atleast a couple hundred maybe more. There is no way you can pin down who is letting out information, especially speculative information where most people are just guessing from small bits of info they have heard through the grape vine. Case in point look how many different stories are out there right now regarding Sparano/Cower/Harbaugh. Each one may/probably has it's own source, yet we don't hear how the Fins have fired 20 people because they leaking inside info. In today's age of technology/email/texting/twitter its just to hard to keep secrets.

35. Jeep

Jeep Premium Member Donator

Trust the OP... or not.. we still have to wait and see what happens.. So whats the big deal?? If you dont believe him.. then dont..

36. Ricky'sWeinerBong

Ricky'sWeinerBong Tony Jabroni

is your source someone on Twitter? I find it amusing certain posters who have insisted Sparano is staying then thank the OP for this info. LOL

37. gattis

gattis Well-Known Member

Hope this is true! This is Ross' first major decision as a Dolphins owner. If he wants his place in franchise history, he needs to put his mouth where his money is and make the right call here. The pressure must be intense but I'm sure he's faced tough decisions before and you don't become a billionaire by making bad ones.

38. Daytona Fin

you really think theres a couple hundred people that are in on what ross is thinking?

these "sources" have supplied about 30 different scenarios in the past week, eventually somebody has to get it right.

39. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

by who??????

40. mnphinfan

It's not about trust. It's about taking all of the information that is out there and formulating an opinion on it. My take through all of the rumors out there is Ross is definitely trying to upgrade the HC position. He isn't however going to fire Sparano without having his replacement lined up. If he finds the replacement he wants that will work with Ireland and Nolan (who I think he wants to keep) than Sparano is gone. However, if he cant find the replacement he will keep Sparano and allow him to find a new OC and try to solve the QB problem this season. I don't like the second option but it's better than firing Sparano and not getting the man you want thus having to hire a new head coach that the owner of the team doesn't really want.