Rumor: Owner Stephen Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, Ross & Harbaugh meeting goes great | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Owner Stephen Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, Ross & Harbaugh meeting goes great

Do we really want to go the "hottest college coach" route again? Wasn't O-Saban-bin-Lyin' enough? I would rather keep Jeff & Tony, & get a new OC. We need to find the next Sean Payton or Mike Tomlin. They weren't exactly household names you know.

You do realize that some of the posters on this sight have close personal relationships with people working in the Dolphins orginization. I'm not saying I'm one of them but I definitely know a few of them do. Sure what we get from them is heresay that trickles through the organization but some of the times, heck alot of the time the info is spot on.

i highly doubt someone within the organization is going to keep giving info to someone who always spills the beans on some fan forum. why would they risk their job for that?

You do realize that some of the posters on this sight have close personal relationships with people working in the Dolphins orginization. I'm not saying I'm one of them but I definitely know a few of them do. Sure what we get from them is heresay that trickles through the organization but some of the times, heck alot of the time the info is spot on. I for one living 1800 miles away am thankful for any spec of info we can get on the situation at this time. Especially something that doesn't come from the major new source BSPN.

That's your choice. I don't trust anything that doesn't come from "reliable" sources. Just because they work for the Dolphins doesn't make them reliable.

i highly doubt someone within the organization is going to keep giving info to someone who always spills the beans on some fan forum. why would they risk their job for that?

Just imagine how many people work in the organization, gotta be atleast a couple hundred maybe more. There is no way you can pin down who is letting out information, especially speculative information where most people are just guessing from small bits of info they have heard through the grape vine. Case in point look how many different stories are out there right now regarding Sparano/Cower/Harbaugh. Each one may/probably has it's own source, yet we don't hear how the Fins have fired 20 people because they leaking inside info. In today's age of technology/email/texting/twitter its just to hard to keep secrets.

Trust the OP... or not.. we still have to wait and see what happens.. So whats the big deal?? If you dont believe him.. then dont..

is your source someone on Twitter? I find it amusing certain posters who have insisted Sparano is staying then thank the OP for this info. LOL

Hope this is true! This is Ross' first major decision as a Dolphins owner. If he wants his place in franchise history, he needs to put his mouth where his money is and make the right call here. The pressure must be intense but I'm sure he's faced tough decisions before and you don't become a billionaire by making bad ones.

Just imagine how many people work in the organization, gotta be atleast a couple hundred maybe more. There is no way you can pin down who is letting out information, especially speculative information where most people are just guessing from small bits of info they have hear. Case in point look how many different stories are out there right now. Each one may/probably has it's own source, yet we don't hear how the Fins have fired 20 people because they leaking inside info.

you really think theres a couple hundred people that are in on what ross is thinking?

these "sources" have supplied about 30 different scenarios in the past week, eventually somebody has to get it right.

i heard a very interesting comment today that parcells left because he and ireland were at each others throat. In fact, ireland stopped coming to work. If true, it makes sense why they would keep ireland. He is respected around the league as a personnel man.

by who??????

That's your choice. I don't trust anything that doesn't come from "reliable" sources. Just because they work for the Dolphins doesn't make them reliable.

It's not about trust. It's about taking all of the information that is out there and formulating an opinion on it. My take through all of the rumors out there is Ross is definitely trying to upgrade the HC position. He isn't however going to fire Sparano without having his replacement lined up. If he finds the replacement he wants that will work with Ireland and Nolan (who I think he wants to keep) than Sparano is gone. However, if he cant find the replacement he will keep Sparano and allow him to find a new OC and try to solve the QB problem this season. I don't like the second option but it's better than firing Sparano and not getting the man you want thus having to hire a new head coach that the owner of the team doesn't really want.

Spoke to my source this AM after waking up and witnessing all these Harbaugh stories. Had to thank the guy for hooking us up here on Finheaven.com. The latest is that Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, he says Ross is willing to do anything & everything to make this team a contender. Like Armando Salguero reported Ireland & Nolan are untouchable to Ross, he loves both guys especially Nolan.

Tells me Cowher with all his demands really turned off the team. He says the talks between Ross & Harbaugh have been extremely positive and their is a real good chance this happens. They have been meeting for the last week & the reason Ireland was at the Standford practices was because he was pursuing Harbaugh. Things are moving very fast and smooth so stay tuned.

Best news I have heard in a few weeks now. I share the exact same view. Keep Ireland and Nolan.
Whatever else needs to be done I'm fine with.
**** Cowher and his demands. The most overrated HC candidate out there.

I will say one thing regarding sources. My girlfriend books travel for an NHL team. The players, coaches, scouts, and even the GM. Often times I will know things the public doesnt, and even the media. For instance, if she books a a player back home when the team is on the road, I'll know. I also knew which FA's the team was looking at this offseason as a friend she had made within the organization had told her certain players she had seen being wined and dined. It is possible to know things through very weird connections you would never consider. At the same time, I would never go on this Hockey forum and expect people to take me seriously based on what I just typed.

Get a Kippy Brown interview to accomodate the Rooney Rule.

you really think theres a couple hundred people that are in on what ross is thinking?

No, but there are probably quite a few people who are willing to share their opinion on what is happening, based on things they have heard throughout the office/work environment, with friends and relatives who share it with others themselves. Thus making it harder to determine who is the leak/source and also making it harder to determine if the evidence is concrete. Hence why it's call a rumor and why you need to formulate your own opinion concerning it.

Back
Top Bottom