Rumor:The Miami Dolphins have fired Head Coach Tony Sparano | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor:The Miami Dolphins have fired Head Coach Tony Sparano

Status
Not open for further replies.
nyjunc lives in that bizarro fantasy land where Mark Sanchez is the #2 QB in the AFC East rather than the #2 QB on his team.

Junc, Henne sucks and Sanchez isn't all that good. He's nothing more then an average QB with a lot of talent around him. I do like that he can keep a play alive but he gets himself in trouble sometimes when he does.

Having that OL, Holmes, LT and Edwards, you guys should be on par with the Pats but your not. The obvious difference is QB play and your defense has weakened this season. You need some luck to win in the NFL and the Jets have had ALOT this season. Sorry bro but I think the Jets are 1 and done.

thanks for your hard work, Tony. it was nice to get back to the playoffs.... even if it was only once.

Junc, Henne sucks and Sanchez isn't all that good. He's nothing more then an average QB with a lot of talent around him. I do like that he can keep a play alive but he gets himself in trouble sometimes when he does.

Having that OL, Holmes, LT and Edwards, you guys should be on par with the Pats but your not. The obvious difference is QB play and your defense has weakened this season. You need some luck to win in the NFL and the Jets have had ALOT this season. Sorry bro but I think the Jets are 1 and done.

Sanchez is good and he's getting better. It's hard to see if you aren't watching him every week. he had a rough stretch for 2-3 weeks late in the year but that didn't define his season. I'm am being 100% honest, w/o him there's no way we are playing this week. I truly believe he has been our MVP.

We have MORE talent around the QB than NE has w/o a doubt BUT it's not fair to compare Sanchez to the best QB of his generation and one of the top 5 QBs of all time. obviously Brady is the difference.

Defensively the teams are close, O and STs we are very far ahead. We have a QB, you guys don't know if yiou have one yet. That's a big factor, we also have a better OL. If you had the QB and OL I'd say you might even be better than us next year but you have to upgrade in those areas to really be a serious contender.

While my first reaction is instant and utter denial of anything a Jets fan says, i cant disagree with what you wrote. At this moment.

Right now, as of the end of the 2010 season, none of that is wrong. That being said, our main fault is our passing game and how truly inept it really is. After reading about the blowup between Brandon Marshall and David Lee on the sidelines of the last game, im more convinced than ever that its our coaching staff's fault. I mean, my god, the man and Thigpen used common sense(changing routes based on coverage), what they did worked, and they were considered the bad guys. Amazing.
Back on the subject: with the main fault being our passing game, if Harbaugh is hired that should be fixed almost immediately. At least from a practice/gameplan/playcalling standpoint. Now, we have huge questions at quarterback, so from the talent/players perspective we are behind. Its up to Harbaugh to fix whatever Henning did to Henne or bring in "his own guy". Either way, we do have many weapons to help that transition. Marshall and Bess(3rd down clutch) with Long completely protecting his blindside, you cant ask for much more help.
Our offensive line has the 'tough' positions locked up(tackles). Finding a mauling center is going to be rough, but other then that we could get by, assuming John Jerry doesnt come down with ebola or mad cow disease or whatever like he did last preseason.

Much of that is assumption, but not out of line. Should a new Head Coach who happened to be a former nfl quarterback and is known for using a nfl ready system improve our passing game? He damn well should. Should a offensive lineman not get ill enough to lose +20 pounds right before the season? I would hope. Having one side of the ball locked up(with talent and depth), should we focus on interior lineman and/or quarterback this offseason? If Ireland wants to keep his job, yup.

The line between third and second place just isnt that far. That being said, after 3 regimes and it still being a problem, the Jets will have better special teams, possible forever.

I think with a competent coaching staff ( no senile old geezers with Wildcat fetishes) and better luck when it comes to injuries, the Phins could very be on equal footing with the Jets next year..Pats, I'm not sure about yet.

I think Henne could thrive under a system like Harbaugh's, especially if he is given more tools. If Harbaugh thinks that Henne can't succeed, the draft or free agency could provide a QB that can ( unless Ireland decides to reunite Marshall with Orton)

No, I think Harbaugh will be a good NFL HC but Miami is still #3 in this division w/ or w/o Harbaugh. he has alot of work to do to catch the top two. I think Tony was a good HC and a developing HC but he didn't ahve a big game and P.T. Ross is all about celebrities, he's doing this so his nightclub at the Stadium will be full:lol:

Coming from the team who only beat one good team this year (Steelers) and have got beaten by the Phins 3 our of 4 times the last 2 years since Rexy took over. The Jets are all bark no bite. Maybe we're the 3rd best team in the division right now because of bad QB play, but we're not far behind because these fraud Jets haven't set the bar very high. Once we get a solid QB, Jets will be an afterthought and Rex will be exposed even more than he already has. Book it!

On a sidenote, thank you to Tony for an amazingly memorable 2008 season, but things had to change around here. Good luck to you wherever you go!

We have MORE talent around the QB than NE has w/o a doubt BUT it's not fair to compare Sanchez to the best QB of his generation and one of the top 5 QBs of all time. obviously Brady is the difference.

LOL. Patriots have receivers and TE's that don't drop balls. I will take Wes Welker, Brandon Tate, Deion Branch, Julian Edelman, Aaron Hernadez, Rob Grownkowski, and Danny Woodhead over the jets receivers any day. Danny Woodhead is doing a lot better then LT, and they basically play the same role. It's a shame but Greene is getting nothing done. Edwards and Holmes drops balls. The patriots have so many more weapons then the Jets its not even funny.

You have maybe 3 weapons. Edwards, Keller, and Holmes. Sometimes Cotchery. The Patriots have 6 not including Woodhead.

Say what you want about the Jets and Sanchez.. they're in the playoffs.. and we're in disarray.

Hard to talk smack when we're rudderless.

[video=youtube;PDA4lcw8k1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDA4lcw8k1g[/video]

The Tony Sparano Memorial Thread is now up and running in the depths!!!!

Windmill fistpump.

Sanchez is good and he's getting better. It's hard to see if you aren't watching him every week. he had a rough stretch for 2-3 weeks late in the year but that didn't define his season. I'm am being 100% honest, w/o him there's no way we are playing this week. I truly believe he has been our MVP.

i wish you would take this exact same stance when you are on here tellin all us dolfans who watch every game and dissect every play what we do and don't have on our roster and staff...

More like tough weeks 1, 5, 6, 8, 12, 13, and 14. MVP of a team can't bomb out 7 out of 15 times. He had a total of 4 good games all year. Weeks 2, 3, 4, and 11. His others were mediocre or worse. He also only had 4 games with completion %'s over 60. That's horrible. If his INT's got caught, rather than dropped, he'd have been benched by now. Your best QB on your team doesn't even start at QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom