Run a Mock - TB's Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Run a Mock - TB's Draft

Twitches Brew

Active Roster
Reaction score
Never done a Mock before, but it’s just too fun. This'll be my only one. This is a draft I would love – not trying to predict our FO. I tried to be conservative in pegging guys where I’ve seen them projected; I don’t think I’m giving myself any huge bargains, but in places where I might be wishful I listed alternatives in priority order. Lemonier is difficult to pin down (most people have him in the 3rd, but some in the top 40) so that list is a bit longer.

1.12) Cornellius Carradine, DE
2.42) Gio Bernard, RB
2.54) Corey Lemonier / Devin Taylor / Cornelius Washington / Jamie Collins, DE/OLB
3.77) Dwayne Gratz / Leon McFadden, CB
3.82) David Quessenberry, T
4.110) Xavier Nixon / Brennan Williams, T
5.146) Brandon McGee, CB / Earl Watford, G
5.166) Cory Grissom, DT
7.217) Levine Toilolo, T/TE
7.224) Mike James / Lonnie Pryor, RB/FB
7.250) Brodrick Brown, CB

DEFENSE
I want to have the best pass-rush in the division; and seeing that that’s not a very tall task, I want to have the best pass-rush in the AFC. Load up that front 7! I want to double-up on pass-rushers in the first 3 picks: getting to the QB is my priority, the depth and variety at that position is good, and it will help the back-end immensely.

OFFENSE
Yes, there are no WRs here – we just brought in and spent alot on outside pass-catchers. Bernard is my favorite player in this draft, and he will have a bigger impact on this offense than anyone else at 2a - not to mention that we need another RB and his versatility in the passing game is tremendous.

NEEDS
I would feel OK about entering camp with Martin, Quessenberry, and Nixon (2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders) at Tackle. Strength in numbers, basically: I think we can find a L/R combination out of those three guys that works – and then there’s a flyer on Toilolo who’s an intriguing project. I think either Gratz or McFadden (pretty torn between them) will be solid value because of the position’s depth in rounds 2-3. I would’ve loved to draft a Safety, but since I want to double-up on pass-rushers, I felt like I had to do the same with our needs at CB and T.

...a penny for your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want nothing to do with lemonier... Love carradine at 12 though..

as much as i like carridine we already have enough players comming off major injuries, werner would be the safer pick if you went DE

Loving the Toilolo pick - most likely around round 5 though - not 7, but are you suggesting he's a Tackle/Tight End combo? In which case, definitely not at Tackle... too light in the pants for that, plus too much upside at TE to even consider pulling a Yeatman on this guy. This kid could be a big time sleeper as he has the potential to be a scary red zone target at 6'8"

Loving the Toilolo pick - most likely around round 5 though - not 7, but are you suggesting he's a Tackle/Tight End combo? In which case, definitely not at Tackle... too light in the pants for that, plus too much upside at TE to even consider pulling a Yeatman on this guy. This kid could be a big time sleeper as he has the potential to be a scary red zone target at 6'8"
I would've put him in the 6th if we had one. All of my 7th-rounders are basically guys who I think could make a roster, and who I've seen on lots of sites listed as UDFAs. I think he could serve as a Tackle or really good run-blocking TE, steady in pass-pro, as at least a minor threat in the passing game (I like his height, but not sure he's really that great of a receiver): just a nice utility guy who would be great value beyond round 5. But yea, the 7th-rounders I put down are more or less just chances to add some guys who I like late. No idea how those last rounds will go.

as much as i like carridine we already have enough players comming off major injuries, werner would be the safer pick if you went DE
Was very close to doing just that. But man, Carradine's highlights from last season are just too good. I'd be happy if we went with either, tbh, I just prefer Carradine a little more even with the injury (I'm hoping his youth works to his advantage in recovery). I do want to go DE (obviously); I generally think that mock draft threads are better served as ways to start conversations about general position/value/need draft philosophy rather than specific players. And I appreciate you weighing in on your noles!

Don't want nothing to do with lemonier... Love carradine at 12 though..
To my mind, Lemonier is the guy about which there is little-to-no consensus on where he should go. I see him explode into the backfield, but then disappear at times; the rest of his DLine was utter garbage (according to Slimm), and NUGap's numbers bear out the fact that he was one of the better pass-rushers against BCS competition this year. I hear you, though; it'd be rolling the dice on him a little, hoping he puts his NFL athletic ability to work with effort and moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom