Running Backs: Draft & Free Agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Backs: Draft & Free Agency

FinFan1984

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What are some of the other RB's in the Draft & Free Agency next season?:confused:

BIG O said that he thought Miami could reel in Edge next season. :cool:

If they do then the QB,OL,DL could be addressed in the Draft and Offseason Free Agents.:evil:

But if Edge like so many other players in the NFL goes for the money and another team is offering more to sign him:cry: . Then Miami might regret not trading for him, unless another solid RB is on the Market?:fire:

This is not about tanking the season. It will just give a little bit of light on what they might do this season. Through trades and free agent cuts. If there is a big list of Free Agent RB's next season. Chances are Miami will not trade a 3rd for a player like Jackson. But if EDGE is the only big time runner, then they might reach again for a player in hopes that he can provide 1-2 years a fill in starter in case Edge goes somewhere else:cry: :cry: .

FinFan1984 said:
What are some of the other RB's in the Draft & Free Agency next season?:confused:

BIG O said that he thought Miami could reel in Edge next season. :cool:

If they do then the QB,OL,DL could be addressed in the Draft and Offseason Free Agents.:evil:

But if Edge like so many other players in the NFL goes for the money and another team is offering more to sign him:cry: . Then Miami might regret not trading for him, unless another solid RB is on the Market?:fire:

This is not about tanking the season. It will just give a little bit of light on what they might do this season. Through trades and free agent cuts. If there is a big list of Free Agent RB's next season. Chances are Miami will not trade a 3rd for a player like Jackson. But if EDGE is the only big time runner, then they might reach again for a player in hopes that he can provide 1-2 years a fill in starter in case Edge goes somewhere else:cry: :cry: .
I don't know what other running backs might be on the market(Usually slim pickings), but here are the top 10 RBs for next years Draft(Obviously will change)

1. Walter Reyes- Syracuse
2. Cedric Benson- Texas(my top choice)
3. Frank Gore- Miami
4. Maurice Clarett- Ohio State(Please stay away from him FO)
5. Carnell Williams- Auburn
6. T.A. McClendon- North Carolina State
7. Darren Sproles- Kansas State
8. Deangelo Williams- Memphis
9. Anthony Davis- Wisconsin
10. Patrick Cobbs- North Texas

Even if we pick up Edge, I wouldn't mind drafting one of those guys(not Clarett) since Edge will be entering his 7th year and one of these guys would be the future.

FinFan1984 said:
Trading for Edge is not an option. Indy is not interested in dealing him.

What team would give up their best RB two weeks before the season? No team would. Miami is in a bad spot. Its waiver wire or overpay for some 3rd string RB who is probably no better than the waiver wire guy.

Forget Edge! Shaun Alexander is in the final year of his contract and he still has both of his knees.

Here are the top 10 RBs for next years Draft
1. Carnell Williams, Auburn
2. Cedric Benson, Texas
3. Marion Barber, Minnesota*
4. Walter Reyes, Syracuse
5. Maurice Clarett, Ohio State*
6. DeAngelo Williams, Memphis*
7. Ronnie Brown, Auburn
8. T.A. McClendon, NC State*
9. Wali Lundy, Virginia*
10. DonTrell Moore, New Mexico

Sproles & Davis are too small by NFL standards & Gore is too injury prone & I doubt will leave early.

2005 Free Agent RBs include:

Edgerrin James, Indy
Shaun Alexander, Seattle
Rudi Johnson, Cincy
LaMont Jordan, New York Jets
Anthony Thomas, Chicago
Ron Dayne, New York Giants
Eddie George, Dallas
Dominic Rhodes, Indy
Garrison Hearst, Denver
Correll Buckhalter, Philly

& I believe Jamal "Drug Lord" Lewis is in a player option year.

SMadison29 said:
Here are the top 10 RBs for next years Draft
1. Carnell Williams, Auburn
2. Cedric Benson, Texas
3. Marion Barber, Minnesota*
4. Walter Reyes, Syracuse
5. Maurice Clarett, Ohio State*
6. DeAngelo Williams, Memphis*
7. Ronnie Brown, Auburn
8. T.A. McClendon, NC State*
9. Wali Lundy, Virginia*
10. DonTrell Moore, New Mexico

Sproles & Davis are too small by NFL standards & Gore is too injury prone & I doubt will leave early.
My top 10 is better. :)

Nublar7 said:
My top 10 is better. :)

If you think so but that's how it currently is. How you have Carnell at #5 & Marion Barber & Ronnie Brown unranked is baffling.

SMadison29 said:
If you think so but that's how it currently is. How you have Carnell at #5 & Marion Barber & Ronnie Brown unranked is baffling.
I was just kidding. The fact is, I got that top 10 out of Lindy's NFL Preview magazine.

Nublar7 said:
I was just kidding. The fact is, I got that top 10 out of Lindy's NFL Preview magazine.

LOL, okay. That's a good reason why.

Back
Top Bottom