"Running" not the Problem Today. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Running" not the Problem Today.

Dolfan2788

Melubulongtime
Reaction score
A lot of people have started and argued in threads that we needed to run the ball more.
I actually think we ran the ball a fair amount of times today considering how our passing game was working.
Gus was on a roll at times and was passing well, Booker, Brown and Welker were consistently catching passes and Chambers was getting open in the red zone.
The only thing that I can say that we should have done more of is give Ronnie the ball more and not Ricky.
We also could have given a run or maybe two to Ronnie on the last set of downs and not thrown into the sunlight.

We lost this game because our defensive line decided to take the day off. Pats were playing with 2 rookies on the left side and 2 undrafted players on the right and they dominated the line of scrimmage.
Heath Evans outran RW and RB combined and Brady was sacked 1 time for a 1 yd loss.
That is completely unacceptable in a game of this magnitude. It is beyond belief and I am thoroughly disgusted with this team today. I am disgusted with the lack of intensity shown by our front 7 yesterday. I saw ZT get manhandled by a rookie O-lineman.
This team has no heart and Saban needs to completely rebuild and find players who do. It's not all about talent, because the Dolphins had the better talent on the field in this one.

NOT the way to play for US?

We had 39 plays in the 2nd half .. 32 pass and only 7 runs???????

"Running" not the Problem Today.

A lot of people have started and argued in threads that we needed to run the ball more.
I actually think we ran the ball a fair amount of times today considering how our passing game was working.

Sundance Kid said:
We had 39 plays in the 2nd half .. 32 pass and only 7 runs???????

and Sundance brings some sanity to the thread.

New Englands weakness is their secondary. We passed the ball pretty good. We had some drops and some fumbles, it happens. People need to stop acting stupid, NE is a really good team we made some mistakes and that cost us the game. Move on and shut up.

finfansince72 said:
New Englands weakness is their secondary. We passed the ball pretty good. We had some drops and some fumbles, it happens. People need to stop acting stupid, NE is a really good team we made some mistakes and that cost us the game. Move on and shut up.

They are not a really good team. Forget the emblem on their helmets. Their O-line and secondary are NFL Europe caliber.
They play with more heart and are better coached. People keep giving excuses about our new coaches and new schemes and how our players need time to "gel". Yet, yesterday who were the playmakers for the Pats? Heath Evans acquired 3 weeks ago and some D-back named Poteat who came in several weeks ago and there he was tackling RB for a 5 yd loss on 3rd down.

jlfin said:
They are not a really good team. Forget the emblem on their helmets. Their O-line and secondary are NFL Europe caliber.
They play with more heart and are better coached. People keep giving excuses about our new coaches and new schemes and how our players need time to "gel". Yet, yesterday who were the playmakers for the Pats? Heath Evans acquired 3 weeks ago and some D-back named Poteat who came in several weeks ago and there he was tackling RB for a 5 yd loss on 3rd down.

I agree. That "gel" excuse is just that: an excuse. I've never been one to buy into that junk. These guys have all been playing football basically all their lives. Football is football. Teams probably simplify it a bit for news guys, but ultimately, it's the same plays, in some form, that they've always ran.
We got beat by a team yesterday that is in worse shape than we are because we have no heart and have forgotten, or don't even know, how to win. They learned this from the previous regime and it's going to take a while to unlearn it. Too long, perhaps, for some of our veterans to be around to see it.

Now, as for we ran the ball enough yesterday (the title of this thread)...all I can say is pffffffft.......pleeeeeeeeeeeeease. :shakeno:

jlfin said:

They are a really good team, thats how they plug in guys like Evans and NFL Europe caliber Cbs and still win. Belichek is a great coach, Brady is a great Qb and they have good bunch of vets. The Pats are still a contender for the SuperBowl, we are not. We got beat by a better team its just that simple. If we had lost like this to Arizona or the Texans Id be worried, but the Pats are good. Better than us, its just that simple.

finfansince72 said:

I agree with the Thread maker and if anyone noticed, NE secondary was playing run more than anything and leaving the middle wide open. Booker was so wide open on the one play it just showed they were giving us the passing game on a silver platter. Linehan did the right thing yesterday and the playcalling was much much better than last week. NE was stopping Ricky and Ronnie was contained in a first down sense.

finfansince72 said:
They are a really good team, thats how they plug in guys like Evans and NFL Europe caliber Cbs and still win. Belichek is a great coach, Brady is a great Qb and they have good bunch of vets. The Pats are still a contender for the SuperBowl, we are not. We got beat by a better team its just that simple. If we had lost like this to Arizona or the Texans Id be worried, but the Pats are good. Better than us, its just that simple.

you said it, thats what were missing, A QB. Without brady we would have killed the pats. we have to fix a position at a time. running back is fixed and defensive line is fixed (with rookies being ready next year) now this offseason we will fix the secondary, offensive line and qb. We also need some more LB's. were getting closer.

Back
Top Bottom