Russ Lande(former scout) on the rookies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russ Lande(former scout) on the rookies

Nice read. But my question is why is he a "former" scout?

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it, he didn't say anything bad about any of our picks therefore it is mainly a fluff piece...

I don't want him to totally bash us either but just give us an equilibrium and love and hate (with emphasis on the love) and I will be happy.

Our last round draft pick the ILB from Webber is going to be interesting to watch. No body knows hardly anything of the kid so if he sticks big kudos to our scouts if not "What were they Thinking Pick"!!! Yes I know it is the 7th round but there was still value in that round.

Our last round draft pick ILB from Webber is going to be interesting watching. No bady knows hardly anything of the kid so if he sticks big kudos to our scouts if not "What were they Thinking Pick" Yes I now it is the 7th round but there isstill value in that round.
7th round is like John Beck value... only worth a good controversy or two.

Nice read. But my question is why is he a "former" scout?

Russ Lande, is currently a Sporting News.com NFL Draft Expert and President and Founder of GMJR.com. For the Sporting News, Lande is responsible for writing NFL insider content, providing detailed scouting reports on college players and posting an ongoing mock draft in the “War Room” leading up to the NFL Draft. Before working for Sporting News, Lande served as a college scout for the Cleveland Browns for three years covering the mid-west region while evaluating all eligible prospects for the NFL Draft. He covers all-star games, the NFL Combine and pro days. Lande continues to appear on radio stations across the country.

http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/coursedescription_footballgm.asp

"Russ's ability to evaluate talent and report on what he sees accurately is outstanding!!
-- Dick Vermeil, Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

http://www.hogshaven.com/story/2008/2/26/131817/327

Still tired of the rehashed unproven crap about NE being so excited about Pat White. Yea they loved him so much they passed on him twice with the dolphins the wildcat team coming up to pick. Seems like a huge smokescreen at best because there is no way they pass on him with us coming up to pick if they liked him so much. Dallas I agree was a possible destination especially since they overdrafted McGhee and they had overdrafted Stanback a few years ago. I respect Lande but that opinion lacks any substance or common sense.

The way I see it, he didn't say anything bad about any of our picks therefore it is mainly a fluff piece...

I don't want him to totally bash us either but just give us an equilibrium and love and hate (with emphasis on the love) and I will be happy.
really?? perhaps we have a different definition of 'bad'.

from the article...
(John Nalbone) looks like he should be a dominant blocker but he's actually a below average blocker
(Chris Clemons) In the games I charted, he missed more tackles then he made... He needs a ton of technique work to become more than just a run around the field backup type guy."
Some scout must've seen a good workout of (J.D. Folsom) because I talked to five scouts who covered Weber State and none of him knew who he was."

Still tired of the rehashed unproven crap about NE being so excited about Pat White. Yea they loved him so much they passed on him twice with the dolphins the wildcat team coming up to pick. Seems like a huge smokescreen at best because there is no way they pass on him with us coming up to pick if they liked him so much. Dallas I agree was a possible destination especially since they overdrafted McGhee and they had overdrafted Stanback a few years ago. I respect Lande but that opinion lacks any substance or common sense.

so based on your value of the pick (or whatever) you consider speculation the cowboys were about to draft him legitimate as opposed to the patriots being 'rehashed unproven crap'.
:thanks:

so based on your value of the pick (or whatever) you consider speculation the cowboys were about to draft him legitimate as opposed to the patriots being 'rehashed unproven crap'.
:thanks:

has nothing to do with the value of the pick. I said the cowboys rumor was a possibility since they overdrafted Stephen McGee the next round and traded down once we drafted. NE obviously was not enamoured with White since they passed twice in the same round. There is no evidence that supports that NE was going to draft White since they passed with 4 draft picks in the same round.

Back
Top Bottom