Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

Elle Clouds

Active Roster
Reaction score
This might not be a popular idea amongst the Tannehill lovers, but think about how Seattle had their top free agent Qb but still took Wilson in the 3rd. I'm not saying use the 12th pick, but if there is someone in the late 2nd-4th round that may give Tanny some competition, I say draft him and let training camp decides who is the starter. As a fin fan of over 25 years, I've seen my fair share of qb's and I'm not nearly sold on our current starter. Wilson is proof that you never know which QB will be your starter till the competition starts. I'm not a rabid fan of Tannehill, but I'm a die hard Dolphins fan and always want the best for the franchise.

This might not be a popular idea amongst the Tannehill lovers, but think about how Seattle had their top free agent Qb but still took Wilson in the 3rd. I'm not saying use the 12th pick, but if there is someone in the late 2nd-4th round that may give Tanny some competition, I say draft him and let training camp decides who is the starter. As a fin fan of over 25 years, I've seen my fair share of qb's and I'm not nearly sold on our current starter. Wilson is proof that you never know which QB will be your starter till the competition starts. I'm not a rabid fan of Tannehill, but I'm a die hard Dolphins fan and always want the best for the franchise.

I agree with drafting a qb next year just not high in draft maybe 6th round

We should have picked Wilson last year, I recall CK (I think) did an excellent write-up pre-draft essentially saying to ignore his height, the kid is legit, he was right...

negged_gif_14757985-1.gif

No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.

I agree with drafting a qb next year just not high in draft maybe 6th round
I think we should because whose to say Tannehill will improve? If Wilson is here , he beats Tannehill in training camp and is our starter. I wish fans weren't so close minded about what we have at the moment.

Miami needs to draft another QB in this draft. Keep drafting one each year until we find our man.

It wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on day three of the draft on a QB with some potential.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.

Vick was all talent and potential. He never put in the time to become a great QB.

Wilson is the anti-Vick.

This.

I'm not giving up Tannehill for any rookie quarterback not named Andrew Luck.

Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.

Matty Ice proves that we shouldve drafted The Matural, Matthew Ice Ryan in 08 instead of Jake Wrong.

It never hurts to have an eye open for a QB mid to late round.. if we had taken than philosophy over the last decade maybe we wouldn't have been so down and out. Even if they do not beat out your current starter ... there is always the possibility someone will give you a better value draft pick for him.. Ron Wolfe in Green Bay churned a number of picks that way.

Lol no.

Wilson is a huge exception. There wont be another guy like him in 20 years. Tannehill has just as much ability as him just needs the correct pieces around him.

Back
Top Bottom