Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

We have too many other important holes to fill, to waste a pick on a QB. Tannehill looks to be our future. Surround him with weapons and then evaluate him. To pull the trigger on another QB so soon, would be a mistake in my opinion.

Lol no.

Wilson is a huge exception. There wont be another guy like him in 20 years. Tannehill has just as much ability as him just needs the correct pieces around him.

i dont agree but i like tannehill

I agree. that's how we got Marino, the Dolphins had no intention of drafting Marino, primarily because they felt there was no way he'd be there, nonetheless, their sights were set on an drafting an offensive lineman or a defensive lineman, which they got in the 2nd round, I forgot his name, anyway if you see an opportunity to improve your team, you do it.

I was impressed by Pat Devlin and how effective he was throwing the ball in preseason.

That's what make this game and board so great, sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong.

Let's see what the future unfolds....

We're still the only "perfect" team, even though the Patriots cheated and claimed they had a perfect season...!

Thank You Don Shula for never quitting.

d-1

Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.

Yeah okay. Do you own a TV?

Matt Moore is already potentially a better QB than Ryan Tannehill (at this stage in his career). There is very little evidence that Ryan Tannehill is significantly better. So if you want a quality backup QB, just keep Matt Moore.

No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.

In the past I would have agreed with this. But the 'new' holding rules (or I should say the total unwillingness to enforce the actual rules) have changed the entire setup. It used to be that NFL defences were so fast laterally that they could pursue running QBs and, in particular, kill the read option. But now that OL are allowed to hook and hold onto DL, the defence are unable to disengage and pursue laterally when the QB runs. In my view it is clearly no longer 'blocking' but unless the OL actually grabs the jersey they can hook and hold a lineman and that makes running QBs much more difficult to stop.

And yes, you should always be drafting QBs when you get the chance, probably every year, just to see if you get lucky.

Id love to resign Matt Moore. If we cant I wouldnt mind taking that Nassib kid from Syracuse if he were available in the mid rounds. We are going to need a solid backup QB and I dont have a problem using a draft pick on that position. Backup QB is an important spot.

Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.

wilson and RG3 have very little to do with vick, both are already top level passers , vick got better as a passer but these guys have little in common with vick.

wilson and RG3 have very little to do with vick, both are already top level passers , vick got better as a passer but these guys have little in common with vick.

RG3 wont be around long unless he changes his play style.

Wilson is legit.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Why do this when we are all so certain Tanny is a franchise QB?

There's nothing certainfor Griffin, Luck, Wilson or Tannehill.

Tannehill has the least exp while Wilson had the most. Simple. Also if Wilson was 6'2 he would've gone BEFORE Luck.

Id love to resign Matt Moore. If we cant I wouldnt mind taking that Nassib kid from Syracuse if he were available in the mid rounds. We are going to need a solid backup QB and I dont have a problem using a draft pick on that position. Backup QB is an important spot.

Maybe we could tag Jake Wrong and trade him to Atlanta for Matt Ryan?

No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.

I think Wilson will probably be OK, but Griffin is gonna be out of the league by 2016.

I think Wilson will probably be OK, but Griffin is gonna be out of the league by 2016.

Agreed. Wilson is a solid player IMHO. More to his game than the threat of breaking an 80 yard run. I see Wilson being a good QB in this league for a lot of years. RG3............. He will be finished real soon. Lets see what happens when defenses dont have to honor the threat of his run. No more single safety for RG3. I dont see him being able to throw it effectively against a standard defense.

Wilson is a QB. RG3 is a gimmick.

Back
Top Bottom