Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

Maybe to look for a backup QB to Tannehill if we can't keep Moore here....mid to late rounds. Other than that, we just need to get Ryan some more explosive and reliable tools to work with at wideout. I'm eager to see what Tannehill can do with an alpha go-to receiver like Jennings, Wallace, etc.

I think Wilson will probably be OK, but Griffin is gonna be out of the league by 2016.

Yep, Wilson is leaps and bounds better than RG3 and is smart enough to realize when to slide or head out of bounds when he scrambles. His passing ability isn't too shabby either.

I think Wilson will probably be OK, but Griffin is gonna be out of the league by 2016.

Wilson is the likely candidate to make it because he's capable of making quick, smart decision THROWING the football.

RGIII is a one-read offense. One read, then run. Wilson runs in the backfield but keeps his eyeballs down the football field and then takes off if there is nothing.

The problem with all of this is that your linemen have their back to the QB at all times and don't know where you are and don't know where to protect. Wilson isn't very big. Neither is RGIII. It's gonna take one good pop for Wilson to change his game as well.

I'm not a big fan of either, but I think Wilson has a better chance of being the better QB between him and RGIII.

Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.

Tannehill's a "slash" guy too, in case you haven't noticed.

But I think we all know that's not what you were talking about.

If Matt Moore leaves via free agency I have always believed that Miami should draft a quarterback in the 5th or 6th round to be the #3 and push Devlin for the #2 spot. The high picks in this draft should be used to fill holes and build weapons around Tannehill. Not to try and replace Tannehill.

Why do this when we are all so certain Tanny is a franchise QB?

All so certain is a stretch. I'm a wait and see and I have not seen the future just yet. Good chance of it, but that is it.
I hope so because he had "some flashes" but why another QB?

You are only as good as your back up.
We are not guaranteed this is the guy.
QB is the biggest impact position.

To reply to some, There is nothing wrong with double threat QB's either if played smartly.
The game is changing. Watching the 49ers/Packers game I had to wonder if Green Bay's template is not tomorrows template for "consistent success".

This might not be a popular idea amongst the Tannehill lovers, but think about how Seattle had their top free agent Qb but still took Wilson in the 3rd. I'm not saying use the 12th pick, but if there is someone in the late 2nd-4th round that may give Tanny some competition, I say draft him and let training camp decides who is the starter. As a fin fan of over 25 years, I've seen my fair share of qb's and I'm not nearly sold on our current starter. Wilson is proof that you never know which QB will be your starter till the competition starts. I'm not a rabid fan of Tannehill, but I'm a die hard Dolphins fan and always want the best for the franchise.

Nope

I think people just like to hate on the success of RG3 and Wilson to somehow make their accomplishments this year somehow get explained away. If Rg3 can stay healthy and survive he is a very accurate passer that will only get better with time and he doesnt make alot of mistakes. Took over and lead a team that hasnt been anywhere in years. As for wilson he overcame his height limitations and showed he can make it. It doesntt make Tannehill any less of a qb because two other rookies outplayed him

Griffin os still a one read and run qb.

Shanahan used Baylors offense last year for him. Griffin needs to change his playstyle or he'll be in a wheelchair soon.

I also think they should draft another QB. Just not until the later rounds, like 6 or 7. Just in case.

Tannehill wasn't good enough to not scout QBs this year. If they find a guy they like and he's available at a good spot, I have no problem taking a QB.

No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.

I wouldn't call Wilson a running QB. He threw for 385 yards today for crissakes. He can run but that doesn't mean it's all he does. Just the fact that he's difficult to sack and can make plays on the run make him a money QB.

Lol no.

Wilson is a huge exception. There wont be another guy like him in 20 years. Tannehill has just as much ability as him just needs the correct pieces around him.

I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong considering I watched a kid named Colin Kaepernick play last night.

I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong considering I watched a kid named Colin Kaepernick play last night.

nothing wrong with any of those guys although cap is still staring down receivers. Griffin has the best season ever by a rookie qb and people just dont want to give him any credit

nothing wrong with any of those guys although cap is still staring down receivers. Griffin has the best season ever by a rookie qb and people just dont want to give him any credit

It's not that nobody is giving him credit. It's just he had a ONE read offense. It's not that hard to grasp.

If his 1st read is covered he runs, just like Baylor.

Wilson's season was actually far more impressive.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

What does that gotta do with Wilson being a exception?

Kapernick plays on a loaded offense whose #1 WR is finally getting his comfort level. He also stares down WRs alot, which is one thing Wilson doesn't do.

Russel Wilson > Kap.

Back
Top Bottom