Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

Oh please...the difference is Kaepernick "makes big plays" whereas Tannehill doesn't.Have you actually watched Kaepernick play? I watched him 4 years at Nevada and 8 games this year. What he did yesterday is no fluke. We would be lucky if at the peak of Tannehill's career he plays at the level Kaepernick is at right now which is highly unlikely.
Blasphemy!We all know you can't judge a QB unless he has 10 HOFs' at his disposal

Wilson and RG3 both look like franchise QBs regardless of their running ability. That's just a added skill in their arsenal. Tannehill has the same ability.

Not sure teams really stopped Newton this year. He still put up big numbers. There's a new era of QBs in the NFL. I doubt the read-option style offense is going anywhere. If you have a Qb with the skills that these guys have and then you add in their ability to run, it causes fits for opposing defenses.

You draft a QB regardless. If Tannehill gets hurt we roll with who? Pat Devlin?

Hall of Famer Steve young disagrees

His career was cut short due to multiple concussions. Just like RG3 has had multiple concussions and now 2 knee surgery's on the same knee

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Hall of Famer Steve young disagrees

And. That's just one exception.

Can't use him for every running qb that comes in.

His career was cut short due to multiple concussions. Just like RG3 has had multiple concussions and now 2 knee surgery's on the same knee

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

And. That's just one exception.

Can't use him for every running qb that comes in.

didnt use him as the exception and the difference with both Wilson and Griffin they are still pass first guys. Good quarterbacks that can run not qb's that are only successful because they run. The best year Vick ever had was the one where he actually looked to pass first. The Nfl has just never seen a guy who can do both as good as RG3 , unfortunately thats not good for his health.

This post is a BIG FAIL:crazy::lol2:

Why. It's a valid topic that is being discussed. Get a life.

Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.

Lol at you using Andy Reid's name and not win anything of substance. When was the last time the Fins been to the Superbowl? Playoffs? Rebuilding? The Eagles are in year 1 of rebuilding and we have been rebuilding for over a decade. Philly might be a trainwreck now, but the Dolphins have been a loose caboose for years now. Stop trying to predict what other franchises who look like they are on the way up (Seattle) will do and thinking that the Fins will just magically get better.

Yeah okay. Do you own a TV?

I dont think he owns a television or knows who the Dolphins are.

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tannehill beat Wilson when they met head to head. And based on your logic, all but 12 teams should draft a QB in the upcoming draft.

Yeah I have, don't like him. He'll get found out like every other running qb.

You seriously don't have a clue as to what you are talking about here. My guess is you probably haven't even watched him play. Do you actually think Green Bay was surprised by Kaepernick's abilities yesterday? Kaepernick ran the pistol for 4 years under the tutelage of Chris Ault in college who invented it which employed the read-option. Between that film and what he has done in SF teams have plenty of film on him. All the Packers had to do was watch the 80 yard TD Kaepernick ran this preseason that looked identical to his TD last night other than the yardage. They knew what was coming. They just couldn't stop it.

If you had a clue you would also see that Kaepernick has one of the best arms in the NFL. The Cubs drafted him as a pitcher after being clocked at 93mph. He could be a top 5 QB as a pocket passer. Besides arm strength he has pin-point accuracy. He is elusive in the pocket and is already the best QB in the world at throwing on the run. The running makes him that much more dangerous which he has been timed at 4.43. But the most impressive thing is his leadership, intelligence and poise. Hell, as a freshman he almost single-handed put up 67 points against Boise St.

Go back and watch 3 passes last night. One is the 44 yard pass to Vernon Davis and watch the location of the football as it dropped in over Vernon's shoulder. The other two are the TD passes to Crabtree. The way he leads his WRs with pin-point accuracy is unbelievable. Crabtree didn't not have to shift his momentum one inch in order to catch those passes. I challenge you to go back and find three passes "all year" that Tannehill threw better.

You seriously don't have a clue as to what you are talking about here. My guess is you probably haven't even watched him play. Do you actually think Green Bay was surprised by Kaepernick's abilities yesterday? Kaepernick ran the pistol for 4 years under the tutelage of Chris Ault in college who invented it which employed the read-option. Between that film and what he has done in SF teams have plenty of film on him. All the Packers had to do was watch the 80 yard TD Kaepernick ran this preseason that looked identical to his TD last night other than the yardage. They knew what was coming. They just couldn't stop it.

If you had a clue you would also see that Kaepernick has one of the best arms in the NFL. The Cubs drafted him as a pitcher after being clocked at 93mph. He could be a top 5 QB as a pocket passer. Besides arm strength he has pin-point accuracy. He is elusive in the pocket and is already the best QB in the world at throwing on the run. The running makes him that much more dangerous which he has been timed at 4.43. But the most impressive thing is his leadership, intelligence and poise. Hell, as a freshman he almost single-handed put up 67 points against Boise St.

Go back and watch 3 passes last night. One is the 44 yard pass to Vernon Davis and watch the location of the football as it dropped in over Vernon's shoulder. The other two are the TD passes to Crabtree. The way he leads his WRs with pin-point accuracy is unbelievable. Crabtree didn't not have to shift his momentum one inch in order to catch those passes. I challenge you to go back and find three passes "all year" that Tannehill threw better.

I knew all that. You asked me a question, i answered. I still don't like him.

No. People always think that these running QBs are here to stay and dominate the league.

Once film cycles they'll figure out how to stop Wilson, RGIII and future running QBs. It's what happened to Cam Newton this season. Guys get enough film on a QB and things change. Typically the running QB relies too much on his legs to make adjustments and that just doesn't happen.

Mike Vick is probably the greatest dual threat QB of all-time and that's saying something.

I'm really surprised by what i saw from Kaapernick last night. I was wondering if Dom Capers was soft in the head. Don't you force young QB's to read coverages correctly? The Packers plan was playing man to man and leaving Mac truck like running lanes for Kap if he couldn't find anyone. It was mind boggling!

I was impressed with Tannehill considering the offenses lack of playmakers. Wilson and RG3 both had great years. How about we let a littletime go by, before declaring these rookies good er bad.

I knew all that. You asked me a question, i answered. I still don't like him.

You also said "he'll get found out like every other running quaterback" so if you knew all that then you would have known Kaepernick is not just a running QB. He is an elite passer who also happens to be on of the best QBs ever at running with the ball.

What exactly are teams going to find out that they don't already know as you claimed?

You also said "he'll get found out like every other running quaterback" so if you knew all that then you would have known Kaepernick is not just a running QB. He is an elite passer who also happens to be on of the best QBs ever at running with the ball.

What exactly are teams going to find out that they don't already know as you claimed?

:bobdole:

I'm really surprised by what i saw from Kaapernick last night. I was wondering if Dom Capers was soft in the head. Don't you force young QB's to read coverages correctly? The Packers plan was playing man to man and leaving Mac truck like running lanes for Kap if he couldn't find anyone. It was mind boggling!

Green Bay was one of the worst teams in the playoffs.

They seriously have next to nothing. No running game to speak of. No defense whatsoever.

All they have is Aaron Rodgers. It's just not enough and as a result, it's not difficult to at least limit the Packers passing attack.

I absolutely agree. We should take one between the 4th and 7th rnd. Aaron Rodgers' little brother maybe. You never know maybe we find a diamond in the rough.

Back
Top Bottom