Ryan Dinwiddie, QB, Boise state... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Dinwiddie, QB, Boise state...

Stamos

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
My second favorite college QB this year right behind Eli Eli!!

Kid is lighting it up on ESPN2 tonight, and has had a remarkable career. He's thrown his 23rd and 24th TD's of the season tonight, also rushed for his 10th TD this year.

More impressive is his win/loss record and QB rating, I think he's 20-3 as a start, and probably going to finish his career as the most effiecent college QB of all time.

He's having a great, AFTER losing 8 starters on offense from last years team.

I hope the secret that is Dinwiddie isn't "out" come draft time, but I think his size might hurt his stock, 6'1, about 190.

Tune in, second half is starting shortly. Oh by the way, he's 19 of 21.

Just as I type this a WR dropped a bomb.

Dinwiddie is nothing like Dorsey, cause he has an arm.

Dinwiddie??? Are you ****ting me? What kind of a name is that?! A guy with a name like that will never make it in the NFL.

[self-censored]

Ask Boomer what is up w/ him. He only has 2 picks, but he is playing in the WAC.

Yes Dinwiddie isnt the coolest name around, but Manning however, is a really cool name. Especially the new one, the one coming out of college. Wow. I watch Ol' Miss just to watch him. Am I sick? Hmm. Well, It would be interesting if the Dolphins could pick up a guy like that and Groom him into the QB of the future. But Before we start talking about QBs, lets get a friggin' O Line first, Then lets take a look at other positions. Oh yeah, and by the way, GO FIEDLER! Have been fan, and still am a fan of #9, hope to see home boy playing this sunday. Get that lumbering oak tree out of there, PLEASE!! Holy Crap! Now we all understand why Son Of Bob was chased out of Denver, dont we? DONT WE?? I know I do. But really, I want the guy thats gonna get us a win, and I honestly think thats Jay.

Spazz.

Originally posted by muddaconch
Dorsey had/has an awesome Arm. It is his size (as it seems the same with Dinwiddie) that people are skeptical about.
No, Dorsey did not/ does not have an awesome arm. Having watched every game he played in college (minus two or three at the end of the Kenny Kelly era), plus a pre combine session, his downfield throws were wobbly and off target. His longest throws (in a long toss drill) were 10-15 yards shorter than the throws that Grossman, Palmer and other top Qbs were consistently making. His throws on out patterns, both in the session and in games, took a long time to get out there, which is usually an indication of poor arm strength.

As for the size comparison with Dinwiddie, it's a little different. Dorsey was 6'5" 205 lbs, which meant he had good height but looked very fragile. This kid is 4" shorter than Dorsey and almost the same weight. With Dinwiddie, you aren't thinking that if he gets hit by a D-linemen he wil break in half, like you do/did with Dorsey, but you wonder if his lack of height will close up throwing lanes in the NFL.

Dorsey has an awesome arm........??????????????????????????

Are you sure we're talking about the same Ken Dorsey??

As for Dinwiddie, he is Grossman-like, but at 6-0 and 195 he's pretty small. He doesn't have the big arm, but he's athletic and wins games. Sounds like Jay Fiedler huh! He's had some off field concerns which will worry scouts and you have to look at the level of competition he's played against. Late round type.

Originally posted by muddaconch
Dorsey had/has an awesome Arm. It is his size (as it seems the same with Dinwiddie) that people are skeptical about.

Dorsey was skinny but he was 6'4''. He actually added a lot of weight before the draft so size was not a concern. The biggest concern was his not so awesome arm.

Phillip Rivers will be the best QB in this NFL draft class.
Mark my words "the second coming of Dan"!!!!
Under-rated by the scouts, but all the intangibles and that super quick release snap we haven't seen since Dan the man himself. I pray nightly that we somehow draft him. He will be the next GREAT NFL QB!!!!!!! It is possible he could fall to the end of the first round just like Dan did. Please Miami target this QB and do everything in your power to draft him!!!! Eli will go way too high for us to have a shot and Rivers will be better anyhow. This mofo is ACCURATE as hell!!!!!

Dinwiddie & Rivers are probably the most accurate passers in this draft class but they each have their share of problems. Neither has a spectacular arm, Rivers mechanics are well documented, & I'm afraid that when Dinwiddie reaches the combine for measurements he's gonna be 5'11 1/2. Dinwiddie will have to be Flutie like to make it in the league & even then he'd have a tough job getting a chance.

Back
Top Bottom