Ryan Grove has been fired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Grove has been fired

Hey, I guess Gase finally had time to review some tape lol

I suppose you are right but does that mean the DC is still on the hot seat? who are the coaches filling these spots since the firings are so scattered I am also curious to see where the old OC will be "resigned" on the coaching staff.

Too much partying and Miami night life?
Mix that with a Jay Cutler 3 and out offense and no chance. Seriously, we need to get these guys in peak physical condition. We look like we don’t want to block or tackle come the 4th quarter.

Well while I find this refreshing only because I believe much of the issue is/was coaching this year when you have a undiciplined team like ours I can only shake my head at these moves. Certainly didn't happen when we had a head coach called Shula. Which means one of two things regarding our current phins team, times have changed and the head coach is no longer in charge of his players decipline or Gases approach is delegating the players decipline to his assistant coaches while he calls the games.
Had not thought of this angle but when you are tired you make more mental errors. Shula used to whip his teams into shape - morning run every day. Not sure what’s allowed these days but our team looked tired in so many 4th quarters this year.

Had not thought of this angle but when you are tired you make more mental errors. Shula used to whip his teams into shape - morning run every day. Not sure what’s allowed these days but our team looked tired in so many 4th quarters this year.
I think the lack of a bye week wore on this team a lot. Specifically the defense that got no help from the offense all year.

Great point + all flying like 4 billion miles in sept.
The league crapped on our foot in week 1 when it didn't allow us to play the game, players like Wake, Suh, and Timmons need that bye week mid-season. That was a huge problem for us and really hurt us down the stretch. Combine that with our schedule and Cutler at QB and we were destined to fail this year. It is a big reason why I am not too hard on Gase. He was dealt an off-suit 2 and 7 in texas hold em and didn't win.

Kind of weird how these firings are coming one by one....

I'm enjoying it. They confirm my suspicion of Adam Gates. He is a petulant guy with high expectations who makes rash decisions when things aren't going smoothly and exactly as planned. With these moves nobody is bothering to evaluate them one by one. It would be silly. But when the same type of move is made with Jay Ajayi in an isolated higher profile situation then everyone is scrambling to rationalize it point by point.

That's not me. I'm a big picture guy. It looks like I handicapped Adam Gase perfectly. I knew what the Ajayi move signified. And as soon as the first firing happened recently I knew there would be more, many more. There is no way Adam Gase is going to conclude 6-10 had only one failed support structure.

If I was a rich ads football player of spend my freetime getting **** up and at the club's and chilling with girls too... js

We need to find players who are more serious about their football career than the clubs.
this has been thought Ive had for years. Can Miami be a city that players come to play and avoid these temptations? I think this is a partial factor here for decades

Meh. No clue what gym work they are doing, fair enough.

I assume this was the guy who replaced the trainer that got fired because of Bullygate?

I'm enjoying it. They confirm my suspicion of Adam Gates. He is a petulant guy with high expectations who makes rash decisions when things aren't going smoothly and exactly as planned. With these moves nobody is bothering to evaluate them one by one. It would be silly. But when the same type of move is made with Jay Ajayi in an isolated higher profile situation then everyone is scrambling to rationalize it point by point.

That's not me. I'm a big picture guy. It looks like I handicapped Adam Gase perfectly. I knew what the Ajayi move signified. And as soon as the first firing happened recently I knew there would be more, many more. There is no way Adam Gase is going to conclude 6-10 had only one failed support structure.

Isnt the 50 year old stained shirt guy you see at the track, after just pawning his mothers tv to place a bet on his "Lock" to win always the smartest one in the room

Just the top few penalties by quarter

Tunsil penalties by quarter
1st...4
2nd..5
3rd..3
4th..0

Pouncey
1st...4
2nd..1
3rd..2
4th..2

Godchaux
1st...3
2nd..3
3rd..1
4th..3

Howard
1st...2
2nd..3
3rd..2
4th..3

Suh
1st...2
2nd..1
3rd..5
4th..5

Bushrod
1st...2
2nd..2
3rd..1
4th..2

Stills
1st...2
2nd..3
3rd..2
4th..2

Landry
1st...2
2nd..0
3rd..0
4th..5

Wake
1st...0
2nd..2
3rd..2
4th..2

A lot of talk about Shula and penalties in a thread about a trainer getting fired....

Back
Top Bottom