Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
Opinions here. Omar Kelly and other has tweeted this out today. Even if Cutler is successful, how can you let go a 29 year old QB for a 35 year old. I understand the Knee but with medicine today it doesn't worry me as much, if you remember over worrying about a QB medical has set this franchise back years "brees". if cutler does well and we trade Tannehill how much longer would cutler really play? Let's just say I think we finally get a lot of media attention over the next year.

If Tannehill's continued tenure with the Dolphins is contingent on the Dolphins having a "successful" season, then he should rest easy and get the surgery done already.

Unless successful season is defined down to mean not being the worst team in the division or something, Tannehill doesn't have anything to worry about. This team will be lucky to win more than 8 this year and playoffs . . . .

Opinions here. Omar Kelly and other has tweeted this out today. Even if Cutler is successful, how can you let go a 29 year old QB for a 35 year old. I understand the Knee but with medicine today it doesn't worry me as much, if you remember over worrying about a QB medical has set this franchise back years "brees". if cutler does well and we trade Tannehill how much longer would cutler really play? Let's just say I think we finally get a lot of media attention over the next year.

I mean if Jay Cutler played the best football of his career and we got to the Super Bowl . . . You can't really be satisfied going into 2018 saying "Thanks Jay but we are returning to our 30+ 7 year veteran QB with a career sub .500 record, no playoff experience, coming off major knee surgery who hasn't played in a live game since December 2016.

There needs to be a line there somewhere doesn't it?

I'm just saying, we need to play this season first before we can jump to any conclusions. Ryan is under contract next year and Jay is not . . . But lets cross that hypothetical bridge when we need to.

Last edited:
If Tannehill's continued tenure with the Dolphins is contingent on the Dolphins having a "successful" season, then he should rest easy and get the surgery done already.

Unless successful season is defined down to mean not being the worst team in the division or something, Tannehill doesn't have anything to worry about. This team will be lucky to win more than 8 this year and playoffs . . . .

I think that if the interior OL shows up better than expected and the defense improves (which IT SHOULD), and Cutler stays healthy, this team can definitely make the playoffs again.

It's all 100% based on production. If Cutler produces at a high clip it's his job. I've never been a Thill detractor and pretty much always a solid supporter
but the kids game has significant limitations -- some of which Cutler is notably stronger in (pocket presence, movement in the pocket, gunslinger moxy, etc.)
It will depend on production. I for one will not be surprised if Jay does very well here -- with this cast and coaching staff.

Depends on how his knee is. Miami has to draft a QB no matter what happens. If Miami goes 7-9 and Cutler retires again, and Tannehill recovers and can play in the opener next season, he damn sure better have a young QB backing him up that could potentially be the future.

Watch Cutler have a fluke great season and resign as a starter, Tannehill leaves to back up Brady in NE as he recovers, takes over in 2019 after Brady retires and goes on to win multiple super bowls with BB. (Patriots also traded Garopollo for a 1st round pick in the process). Meanwhile, Cutler has a terrible season in 2018 and retires again.

#DolfanLife

Watch Cutler have a fluke great season and resign as a starter, Tannehill leaves to back up Brady in NE as he recovers, takes over in 2019 after Brady retires and goes on to win multiple super bowls with BB. (Patriots also traded Garopollo for a 1st round pick in the process). Meanwhile, Cutler has a terrible season in 2018 and retires again.

#DolfanLife

And we'd deserve a scenario like that if Ross/TBum/Grier and company are so ****ing stooopid!

And we'd deserve a scenario like that if Ross/TBum/Grier and company are so ****ing stooopid!

That's why even if Cutler has a great year, you don't keep him over Tannehill. If Cutler follows it up with a mediocre season he is retiring because his heart is only half into this whole football thing right now to begin with. Meanwhile Tannehill has a good 6-8 years left assuming he heals fine from his surgery.

Soooo if Cutler wins a Super Bowl this year and still wants to play, and wants to play for Miami . . . .obviously on a contract making around 2 years, 40 million . . . Do you really say "Nah Jay we rollin with Ryan and gambling on his knee and mentality to help us accomplish the same thing . . . but thank you for the ring that Marino couldn't even get"

Gimme a break. I have come a long way in regards to 17 but that is crazy talk and I am hoping this crazy talk is just a result of people not believing Jay could accomplish that feat this year.

You obviously attempt to trade Ryan and draft a QB . . . Or you ask Ryan to take a substantial paycut as Moore is a FA.

You don't let Cutler out of the building if he brings a Lombardi trophy to Miami.

Not just winning but winning in the back of cutler will detrermine it unless he just retires.

Back
Top Bottom