Ryan or Marino or Flacco or Manning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan or Marino or Flacco or Manning

Who had the better rookie year??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aFalconTillIDie

Fan of the Dirtybird
Reaction score
Who do you think had a better rookie year. I am a falcons fan so obviously I will say Ryan but lets try to be unbiased. Flacco had a really good year, Ryan had better then him but didnt go as far, Manning had the best stat wise, but Marino (from what I heard) had the best year. But a lot of experts said Matty Ice had the best rookie season what do you think??

Who do you think had a better rookie year. I am a falcons fan so obviously I will say Ryan but lets try to be unbiased. Flacco had a really good year, Ryan had better then him but didnt go as far, Manning had the best stat wise, but Marino (from what I heard) had the best year. But a lot of experts said Matty Ice had the best rookie season what do you think??

Marino had the best but he had alot more to work with than Ryan.
Both Qb's had among the best 5 rookie seasons ever for a qb.

this is like going to a christian church and asking who they think the saviour is?
Jesus or budah

I didn't see anything really impressive from flacco, he just had a good defence and run game. I think his year was extremely overrated.

I didn't see anything really impressive from flacco, he just had a good defence and run game. I think his year was extremely overrated.

I agree I put him there because there are a lot of people who said he had a better year this year then Ryan. I think it was mostly defense and good play calling.

Yeah Cam took care of him a lot, really didn't force him to do anything too risky.

Your not going to get an unbiased opinion on this board. Just like you won't get one on a falcons, ravens or colts board.

Didn't Peyton set the NFL record for INTs in a season that year.
I think we can argue he is off the list.
Flacco was not sensational.

The vote comes down to Marino and Ryan.
Probably rank 1,2 in modern day NFL rookie seasons. You could argue either way and it would be hard to refute.

By the way welcome to the boards. Nice to get some opposing fans views in here.

If you get criticized for having a dissenting view, don't worry it happens no matter if you are a phins fan or not.

Dan Marino went 7-2 as a rookie. Threw for 2,210 yards with 20 tds and 6 ints with a QB rating of 96.0.

Matt Ryan went 11-5 as a rookie. Threw for 3,440 yards with 16 tds and 11 ints with a QB rating of 87.7.

Both had good stats but Marino has the edge in tds, ints and QB rating.

Dan Marino went 7-2 as a rookie. Threw for 2,210 yards with 20 tds and 6 ints with a QB rating of 96.0.

Matt Ryan went 11-5 as a rookie. Threw for 3,440 yards with 16 tds and 11 ints with a QB rating of 87.7.

Both had good stats but Marino has the edge in tds, ints and QB rating.

Marino didn't start the entire season. Woodley started the season and was benched in the game agains the Raiders.
Marino wasn't just a solid rookie QB. He was DOMINANT.
There isn't even an argument. The following yr, defensive coordinators were FORCED to alter their pass defenses. Marino was a once in a generation talent because he forced changes in the game.
Manning and Ryan aren't even close.

WTF?
Manning sucked in his first year, rocked his second.
Flacco just moves the ball, he sucks completion %age wise. He's lucky to have such a solid line and running game. Put him anywhere else he sucks...
Marino was amazing, especially in his first few years.

Ryan was good too, but you cantr expect proper love at the biggest fin site in the world.

Back
Top Bottom