Ryan Swope: At 42/54 Overall? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Swope: At 42/54 Overall?

At 54 yea or id trade up 3a to tbe top of the third round.

I've heard teams are weary of his medical report. He will not be a second round pick. Besides , Stedman Bailey is the guy.

If Ryan Swope was, by chance, available at the 42 overall pick, would you (1) select him right there and then, or (2) take a gamble and wait (hope) that he is still available at the 54 overall selection?

Without a bit of hesitation, I would select him at 42.

But I really do not think he'll be there at 42 - he will be gone IMO prior to 42. What do think: Will you get him at 42 or wait for him at 54?

Love Swope, and i'm sure the Dolphins brass loves him too. Tannehill especially. But his history of concussions is very troublesome.

I think both Swope and Boyce are pretty unique players in that they're built to excel from the Slot, but they have a pretty solid game outside the hashes too. What makes them special, though, is their combination of strength/speed/quickness. Both guys are over 200 and strong; both guys were sub-4.4 at the combine; and both guys are quick. Oh, and both seem like A+ character guys. Boyce broke his foot at some point during or before the combine (well, his pinkie toe), but I don't think that will effect his draft stock too much. Other than the fact he's white, there's a pretty good reason that Swope gets compared to Welker a lot - he should be able to do what Welker does. He's bigger and faster, but the combination of quickness, toughness, and intelligence it takes to work the middle of the field, Swope projects to have it, and Boyce does too. For good measure, each has the speed to take a short route to the house. If I thought I had to grab one in the 2nd, I would.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Is it more likely that Boyce will be gone at 42 though. If he's there then yes...but he will selected before the 42 overall selection I think (gut).

This is the first time I've seen it suggested that Boyce goes before Swope, and it's the first time I've seen it suggested that Boyce is gone at 42. I wouldn't be shocked.

I'd have no problem taking him in the second round at all. We need more speed in the slot. Davone Bess is probably the slowest starting wide receiver in the NFL.

Huge swope fan, but you can't ignore 4 reported concussions in college, thats just that we know about, and that's without counting high school. Would still draft him but not at 42 or 54.

Even without the concussions that's pretty high for him in all honesty.

Seems like there is soooo much depth in this draft at WR that will be around at 54.. Swope, Wheaton, Hopkins, Woods, Bailey... Difficult question for me: Bailey or Swope at 54?.

Love Swope....my kind of tough, gritty player who clicked with Tannehill tremendously during his time at A&M. However, #42 is just a bit high for him.

I'd have no problem taking him in the second round at all. We need more speed in the slot. Davone Bess is probably the slowest starting wide receiver in the NFL.
Its funny how people get on Bess!!! Bess is a top five slot guy in the NFL PERIOD!!!! If Bess was on the Pats, Packers or any-other team with a elite QB he would be in the pro bowl every year.. You for get because of our lack of receiving talent we have had to use him out of position a lot.. Bess is proven, has amazing hands and run crazy routes.. Now that being said I would still take Swope in the second.. But that has nothing to do with Bess..

The only teams I worry about are New England and Green Bay in round two. New England only has 3 picks in first 3 rounds. If Vollmer not signed, you gotta wonder if they pass on Swope with all these WR's. Plus I think they like Robert Woods. Green Bay however, knows us like a glove. Do they need him late in 2nd? Prob not. They wait too because of concussions.

I also would like to know the severity of those concussions. somebody get Tannehill on QAM.

Back
Top Bottom