Ryan Tannehill PFF#13 QB of 2012 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill PFF#13 QB of 2012

12 passing tds and a 58.3 completion % says otherwise
will he get better with more weapons...lets pray he does

Get him some freaking help!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty tough to throw to WR's that rarely get open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, a case could be made that the biggest difference between Luck's "success" and Tannehill's remaining question marks at season's end was Ireland's decision not to pursue Reggie Wayne (who made it clear he would welcome the chance to come home).

Consider:
Tannehill:
58.3% completion; 3294 yds, 12TDs, 13Ints, 206 yds/game

Luck:
54.1% completion; 4374yds, 23TDs, 18Ints, 273 yds/game

Then subtract (from Luck) or add (to Tannehill)
Reggie Wayne 2012
106 receptions
1355yds
5TDs
84.7yds game

Now I'm not contending that Tannehill was on par with Luck last season nor that Reggie's numbers directly translate on a 1 to 1 executional basis, but generally speaking, if making a natural #3 receiver in Hartline , who was covered by the best defenders, into a 1000 yd receiver wasn't enough to excite you, then consider the difference a true #1 receiver like Reggie Wayne would have/will make in Tannehill's progression of success.

Get home some freaking help!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty tough to throw to WR's that rarely get open.
That's what in saying. The people who want Werner @12 kill me. We finally got a QB now lets get tannehill some top tier talent. Patterson or eifert @12 please

I didn't give the PFF rankings much credibilty when they had Ryan Tannehill ahead of the Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco.

You're using stats as your tool for evaluation whereas PFF is using game tape (good read, good throw ect).

Actually, a case could be made that the biggest difference between Luck's "success" and Tannehill's remaining question marks at season's end was Ireland's decision not to pursue Reggie Wayne (who made it clear he would welcome the chance to come home).

Consider:
Tannehill:
58.3% completion; 3294 yds, 12TDs, 13Ints, 206 yds/game

Luck:
54.1% completion; 4374yds, 23TDs, 18Ints, 273 yds/game

Then subtract (from Luck) or add (to Tannehill)
Reggie Wayne 2012
106 receptions
1355yds
5TDs
84.7yds game

Now I'm not contending that Tannehill was on par with Luck last season nor that Reggie's numbers directly translate on a 1 to 1 executional basis, but generally speaking, if making a natural #3 receiver in Hartline , who was covered by the best defenders, into a 1000 yd receiver wasn't enough to excite you, then consider the difference a true #1 receiver like Reggie Wayne would have/will make in Tannehill's progression of success.

I don't put much stock into PFF rankings, but I do think people who simply look at Tannehill's numbers are doing him a disservice. Almost as much of a disservice as the team management which decided to go into training camp with Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Chad Johnson as its anticipated receiving corps.

If between Brian Hartline and Davone Bess they were capable of scoring one damn touchdown more than once every 15 games combined, we might be having a different conversation here.

That's what in saying. The people who want Werner @12 kill me. We finally got a QB now lets get tannehill some top tier talent. Patterson or eifert @12 please

Most of us that are saying Werner, who most likely will be gone as some mocks have him gone by the second pick are expecting the phins to land a true #1 in FA. If they do then Werner is a great choice as you can pick up additional help for Tannehill in the 4 picks in rounds 2 and 3.

If we miss out on Wallace I'd consider Tavon Austin there as well. Guy has sub 4.3 speed.

Most of us that are saying Werner, who most likely will be gone as some mocks have him gone by the second pick are expecting the phins to land a true #1 in FA. If they do then Werner is a great choice as you can pick up additional help for Tannehill in the 4 picks in rounds 2 and 3.
Ill be pissed if we pass on warmack Patterson or eifert even if we get say.. Wallace, we have a player like Werner his name is "pee- wee odrick".

"you are using stats... while PFF uses .......subjective stats"

In most cases they are way more accurate than raw stats. Raw stats will never take into account good reads, well thrown balls that bounced off receivers hands and were incomplete or intercepted. Lets put it this way if our scouts are using raw stats over "subjective stats" as you call it we are hosed lol.

Ill be pissed if we pass on warmack Patterson or eifert even if we get say.. Wallace, we have a player like Werner his name is "pee- wee odrick".

And if we take Werner and he turns out to be as good as many draft gurus think he is you will soon become his biggest supporter. As I said a lot of mocks have him going as high as #2 to Jacksonville while some have him dropping down. I doubt he's even there when we select anyway.

In most cases they are way more accurate than raw stats. Raw stats will never take into account good reads, well thrown balls that bounced off receivers hands and were incomplete or intercepted. Lets put it this way if our scouts are using raw stats over "subjective stats" as you call it we are hosed lol.

haha im totally with you landshark. PFF's subjective stats are a way to try and quantify things that should be quantified. Just the way you phrased that first sentence in your first post was quirky.

PFF does use stats.. their own. And while I do like some of their stuff, they tend to throw their weight around certain criteria that sometimes skews things. I mean lets be real, we can factor in as many "good ball" vs "bad ball" comparisons as we like... RT had a solid year from a gameplay standpoint, but he was seriously lacking in the money categories. I don't know if PFF takes into account "clutch" aspects, but didnt Luck engineer like 8 game winning drives last year? Our boy seemed to falter in those 4th quarter moments.

Now obviously, we get better talent around him, his numbers go up, no argument there. But a subjective PFF ranking of RT at 13.... seems just a "tad" too good to be true. I'd say he was top 20ish based on his play, but there are some stats you just cant ignore.

Back
Top Bottom