Ryan Tannehill rated as the NFL's 2nd best deep ball thrower | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill rated as the NFL's 2nd best deep ball thrower

Love that last post Wanny, for how long we were just "making excuses" it sure feels good to see the deep ball actually come together

I don't know enough about statistical analysis to answer this, so maybe a member that works in the field can help:
Is the sample size large enough for the conclusions to be meaningful?

I think I remember Sons (?) posting the chart not too long ago and yes, it was enough passes.

He's improved so much in that area. It's amazing people still say he can't throw the ball deep. Plus it helps that he has better chemistry with Stills, Landry, and Parker than he did with Wallace and Hartline on the deep ball. It was a weakness of Tannehill, but Wallace was lazy with his routes and never battle for the ball. He never gave his full effort down here it seemed.

No individual callouts please.

Yup. I'm content with seeing us have an offense that can make big plays and not being called a lunatic for holding the opinion that our starting quarterback is capable of throwing the football downfield with NFL caliber accuracy.

We get some consistency in getting drives started and this thing is cooking.

No individual callouts please.

Though to Joe "Phailbin" & Lazor "the Star" I give the single finger salute. :finger

Lazor's offense was a joke on amateur levels, in the NFL it was straight up embarrassing.

Used to love reading how much better Tannehill and Wallace were getting on their deep ball connection. Just never happened. Didn't help that Mike had zero catch radius. If it didn't drop into his hands, it wasn't getting caught. Wallace is still effective as his 1,000 yds last proved, but he is what he is and he's not going to change. I love our trio. Parker and Stills can definitely go out and get the deep ball, even if it's not perfectly thrown. They go make plays.

Tannehill was the best redzone qb in the NFL last year.

fnhk41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom