Ryan Tannehill: The Ryan Leaf of the Decade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill: The Ryan Leaf of the Decade?

Perhaps there are some similarities but there's one major difference. One had the weight of a franchise on his shoulders, and the other one does not. We've had 16 Qbs since Marino, we don't expect Tannehill to become some legendary hall of famer. If we ease him into this and coach him up, he will have success. If we throw him into the lion's den, I'm worried.

Rightttttt............ Like the Miami fan base won't lynch Ross and Ireland if T-Hill turns out to be a bust!!

Then on the flip side, if Ross and Co. didn't take Tannehill last night, you'd have a media/fan base that would be up in arms for not getting "the future franchise QB"

Either way, this is a Front Office that has gone "all-in" on Tannehill. If they want to be a part of this organization in years to come, this better work out.

no, no, no, no NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

as much as i am dissapointed in the tannehill pick, he is no way, no how in the same breath as ryan leaf.

leaf's talent wasnt the issue. the guy had talent to burn. he was an AWFUL person who was selfish and angry and immature and probably had a lot of other bad personal issues we didnt know he had then.

he is now a fugitive on the run from justice on two fellony warrents, burglary and drug charges. instead of being in the golden era of his nfl career with big wins and maybe super bowls appearances and wealth under his belt, he is a drug addicted fellon who will be enjoying a prison cell for many years with long memories of fug ups instead of great memories of a football career, family and wealth and a bright, happy future. he was a bad guy who threw his talent, career and future and family away.

TANNEHILL is a great kid. dedicated to the game and his craft and being a, humble team first player. if he fails it will be because he didnt get enough time to hone his craft in college and rushed out to soon on a talent void team and killing any growth he may or may not have had, not for a bad attitude and being a selfish bung hole with anger management issues.

big, big difference. RT is the polar opposite of ryan leaf.

Rightttttt............ Like the Miami fan base won't lynch Ross and Ireland if T-Hill turns out to be a bust!!

Then on the flip side, if Ross and Co. didn't take Tannehill last night, you'd have a media/fan base that would be up in arms for not getting "the future franchise QB"

Either way, this is a Front Office that has gone "all-in" on Tannehill. If they want to be a part of this organization in years to come, this better work out.

And you know what? I'm OK with the pick. Time to take a chance. We've had an advantage with Sherman having the inside track on Tannehill. I'll take the leap of faith.

They fail to mention the 70 drops by his receivers. Tannehill has zero character concerns and his offensive coordinator in Miami will be his old head coach at A&M. Huge difference. Plus Leaf was a dink to begin with. Right out of the gates he believed his own hype and yet he couldn't get out of his own way. Mentally weak and physically overrated. If Tannehill gets a year to mature and can improve his accuracy a bit than Miami may have walked away with a steal in the draft rather than a preconceived bust. I'm willing to give the kid time it can't hurt.

Terrible comparison to Leaf and just wrong on so many counts.

I'm not even a Tannehill fan, but the Ryan Leaf comparisons are ridiculous and need to stop. Last time I checked, Tannehill isn't a drug addict who couldn't care less about playing football, and is absolutely hated by his teammates for being a giant douche. Ryan Leaf is about to spend a long time in prison, when Tannehill sinks that low, then you can start making this comparison.

way to early to comapre him to leaf. Two different people and lifestyles

I agree that the difference between Leaf and Tannehill is night and day and the reason is simple, CHARACTER. Tannehill is not a bad kid. He is, by all accounts, very smart, mature, and stable. He loves football. Even before the '98 draft there were major concerns about Ryan Leaf's character, his passion for the game, his maturity, etc. Big difference.

Now, it's possible that Tannehill turns out to be a huge bust, but he won't be another Ryan Leaf.

Obviously the fans will be mad if Tannehill is a bust - but Leaf and Manning were supposed to be the next big thing. Come in and be star players, just like RGIII and Andrew Luck are being hyped up to be. Tannehill doesn't need to be a superstar. If we can get Joe Flacco, or Ben Roethlisberger type numbers from him, it will have already been the best thing we've had in a very long time. Joe Philbin will live and die by this guy, but my point is the amount of pressure on Leaf vs Tannehill is not even close.

Steal of the draft? hmmm.... It was a bad pick in terms where we drafted him. No one can't sugar coat it. It's what it is! Hopefully, this calculated gamble will eventually pay off. I'll be rooting for Tannehill nevertheless.

Ryan Leaf has serious psychological issues. That's the main reason he failed. By all accounts, Tannehill has a great head on his shoulders and is a very hard-working and devoted guy. He may fail, but it certainly won't be for the same reason Leaf failed.

But were those psychological issues apparent when he was drafted, or did they only come out later? And might we also be saying the same about Tannehill down the road?

2prv09z-1.jpg

they both have the first name Ryan...the comparison ends there

Back
Top Bottom