Ryan Tannehill to have reconstructive knee surgery

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by circumstances, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase says he’s confident quarterback Ryan Tannehill will be ready for the 2018 season, but 2017 is out.

The Dolphins placed Tannehill on injured reserve Saturday because of his left knee injury, sidelining him for the entire season. Tannehill and the Dolphins decided surgery will be the best option for his torn anterior cruciate ligament.

When asked about his conversation with Tannehill, Gase said: “It was probably tougher for me. It’s more and more real. It’s unfortunate for him. He worked so hard.”

Tannehill’s replacement, Jay Cutler, practiced for the second time Saturday and might play in Thursday’s exhibition game against the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...-tannehill-injured-reserve-season-over-081217

2. ReppinThe941

ReppinThe941 Well-Known Member

When did RT get hurt?

3. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

I still can't get over this surgery wasn't performed at the end of 2016. Sure you can rehab a partially torn ACL and be fine. But it's the type of injury that will come back in 5 years. It wasn't a long term solution, and the Fins should be thinking long term (i.e. 10 years).

4. royalshank

royalshank Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

Good luck w the surgery and rehab Ryan.

5. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

I am hopeful that RT and McMillian can return ASAP from their injuries, but according to the fairly recent article below most NFL players coming back from an ACL only come back at about 80% and have shortened careers. If true, it probably affects McMillian more that RT, but never-the-less these things just suck. Feel really bad for them.

http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/