Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Feb 12, 2018 at 6:40 PM.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

This should be fun:

https://phinphanatic.com/2018/02/12/ryan-tannehill-trade-smart-move-dolphins/

2. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

Why would we move a $$$ friendly starting qb, one that is the best we have had since Marino, playing better each year, for a draft pick where we have failed so often?

Unless we move him for a boatload, not going to happen, we would then have to spend a fortune on a FA. Now if we had a back up we were comfortable with it would be intriguing assuming Gase wants a change but we all know we have zilch.

And regarding the mental issue if it's such a tragic ,dire, thing with some people who would trade anything for him? I don't know him personally but from what I see he's pretty strong-minded and I think I'll be fine mentally.

3. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Only if we get value.

I’d be willing to trade anyone. If that means Miami can get a qb and Derwin James then your man is happy.

FSU Truth likes this.
  4. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

I wouldn't be against it if we got good value. I'm not sure what exactly that would be, but for me, it would have to include multiple picks and one of those would be a 2018 first rounder, and at least one more high pick.

If you think there's a QB available in the draft this year that you want to build around, and you can get that kind of trade value, why not? You've cleared out some massive cap space, and you've got a few years of a supposedly good rookie QB on a rookie contract. And you landed some other good players with additional picks. Of course, this comes down to assessment of a rookie franchise QB, and I'm not sure I trust this team to accomplish that kind of high-risk assessment.

I like Tannehill and I think he'll do well in 2018. But I'm not so attached to the guy that I wouldn't entertain trade scenarios that could help us in the longer-term.

DolfinJohnNY likes this.
  5. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

How do you plan to get value for Tannehill? He hasn't played a snap since his knee surgery...

gunn34 and Ray R like this.
  6. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

Did you mention Derwin...did you know that he was offered a scholarship before he played a down of high school football?

Phinatic8u likes this.
  7. Tannchise

Tannchise A True Fan

Maybe Miami can swap 1sts with a team like Phily did last year or acquire a 2nd or 3rd (one) to help move up for a qb. This is becoming more and more of a reality, which i have been calling for months

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Fail forward fast

EricCartman, Ren and Ray R like this.
  9. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

I know whatever team gets him is getting a freak of nature and a guy that will become better than Sean Taylor and Ed Reed put together.

russianbear, Ray R and FSU Truth like this.
  10. elite14eva

elite14eva Yashu Mane!!! Donator

No way that trade happens

phish and Ray R like this.
  11. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

It's like a comedy show with this one. Projecting your desires as reality doesn't make it so. It's no more becoming reality as is Marino suiting back up.... but you keep talking to yourself :asshat

12. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

We have so many posters who offer better insight than those fanblogs

13. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Not much meat in this article boring

NBP81 and Ray R like this.
  14. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0, Peach Bowl Champions Finheaven VIP Donator

lmao more of a reality based on what?

RVAPhinFan13, Rolltide03 and Ray R like this.
  15. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

16. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

He will be a baller ... but you might have just described the best defensive player ever, that good eh?

17. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

Even if everything goes the way he says, you would still need a 2nd QB. So you would go into 2018 with a rookie and something off the scrap heap. Sounds likes a terrible idea

18. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I’m not a big Tannehill fan, and I disregarded this article once I saw it was PhinPhanatic. They come up with some zany ideas.

19. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

he's probably the best value contract on our team right now...maybe minus drake if he continues to produce like he did last year...

not sure it's worth dishing him unless we're getting a 1st rounder....then id listen

20. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

From the stand point of acquiring picks It's not a bad idea, but Tannehill is cheap and reliable not with standing the Knee of course and i don't see us doing that.

21. mwestberry

mwestberry FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Silly idea...trade the one QB that knows the system Gase has implemented...with NO viable back up...for what? a rookie?...an over priced FA?....no way I'm on that train...

We need to draft a QB to groom under Gase and Tannehill....build our team to win and navigate cap hell and bad contracts....IMO

Tannehill may not be able to overcome the injury...who knows at this point....But we have to continue building our team for the future...If Tannehill comes back strong enough all the better

22. ColoradoFin

ColoradoFin Active Member

C’mon now. If we trade him away it will take years to groom his replacement, unless you want to overpay to bring in a guy like Cousins, who will cost us 3x more than Cutler. I think we would have made the playoffs last year had Tannehill not gotten hurt. He was worth at least 3-4 more wins than Cutler. We don’t know if Tannehil’s knee is fully recovered but I think it’s worth keeping him over rolling the dice on an unknown. I do think it’s worth drafting a QB in the first round should the right guy be there.

23. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

How many years is it gonna take to groom Tannehill?

Once Bushrod was penciled in a starter, your hopes should have hit reality . Minus a Albert, a broke down Pouncey and a LT finally being tested week in and week out....Your hopes should have understood the dynamics. Meh.

While Tannehill is our only option for the foreseeable future, eventually we need, we want WINS . Damn the film, the excuses and the reasoning...We need results .

ColoradoFin likes this.
  24. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

I'm for it if we can get back at least a 1st. Arizona needs a QB they pick 15th I think. We could sign a Bradford on a 1-2 year deal for less than you'd think and the extra 1st helps us land our future franchise guy

25. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

Down for this if and only we draft Mayfield. And if that were the case, I'd be heavily in favor of such a move.

gunn34 likes this.
  26. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Right now there does seem to be a lot of baker mayfield top 10 holding position and frankly I will believe it when I see it once he runs at the combine at that size but if it does carry given team need and qb most important player on the field that only helps miami see a non qb top 10 grade fall to them

But trade tanny yeah no not happening same for draft his replacement in 2018.

EricCartman likes this.
  27. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Not going to happen. Tannehill value is far too low coming off 2 ACL injuries. Be lucky to get a 3rd for him...

Elle Clouds likes this.
  28. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

With our line Bradford wouldn't make it through pre season.

DolfanDuBbZ~ likes this.
  29. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

Philly probably wont even trade Nick Foles for Tannehill if offered.

30. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Reliable for the usual 6-8 wins?

31. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

Derwin James is the guy I want in the draft more than anyone else, but let's not get crazy here. Sean Taylor alone was such a monster, Derwin as much as I like him and would love for him to be a Phin will never sniff Sean Taylor status. Lol and if you combine the skills of Taylor and Reed you've probably got the best defensive football player in the history of the NFL.

Elle Clouds and artdnj like this.
  32. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I’ll trade anyone if the price is right. But yeah , it’s not happening.

33. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Yes, but that is an oversimplification statement as the Dolphins faults are not only his. We can discuss his shortcomings at length if you wish, but to through out a statement like this isn't fair.

Ray R likes this.
  34. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Knock it off! You'd EASILY get a 3rd for a proven starting QB in the NFL that can come in and win you games. Outside of playing behind an elite QB there wouldn't be that much of a drop if Tannehill came off the bench for a starting QB.

35. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Yeah yeah yeah the talent around him is no good. Yet everyone keeps saying the WRs are the strongest position on the team. Rodgers has no talent around him but you couldn’t tell when he’s actually playing. When he’s out the team is horrific despite the same players there but competing when Rodgers is in. Same thing with the Colts, terrible defenses and O-lines ( worse than Miami) around Luck yet they’re competitive when Luck is playing. When Luck is out the Colts are trash. Texans with superior talent are nothing without Watson. 49ers were awful, insert a quality QB and all of a sudden they’re competitive and beating good teams.

If Tannehill needs to be surrounded by pro bowlers on both sides of the ball just to be slightly above average than Miami has a huge problem on their hands. It’s a shame people aren’t going to realize that Tannehill is the problem until after Miami moves on from him.

The most talented teams in the league can’t do anything with with a mediocre QB.

36. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

Tannehill is not the Dolphins' main issue. The defense meeds more work than the offense actually. We are 1 Guard and a TE away on offense to make that jump.

37. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

In order to trade him, he would have to pass a physical for the new team. That may not happen until after the draft. Who is giving up a 1st round draft pick in this years draft without even knowing if he will pass the exam?

38. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Exactly! My view is to not stop until you have a top 5 franchise QB. Everyone else is just treading water.

39. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin It's 5 o'clock somewhere Moderator Finheaven VIP

Seven more months of offseason fanblogs, sigh.

Ray R and fin415 like this.
  40. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

How does OP find so many trash fan blogs? Sweet baby Jesus.

Ray R and Avigatorx like this.