Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This should be fun:

Ryan Tannehill is the Miami Dolphins quarterback for 2018 but what if the Dolphins opted to trade their starting quarterback instead? It might be a pretty smart move by a team that needs to make smart moves.
This isn’t a knock on Ryan Tannehill. Far from it. I like him. I look forward to seeing him in 2018 and hoping that he will have fully recovered mentally from his knee injury. Mentally because an ACL injury and then a re-injury can have a devastating effect on a quarterbacks mental game. Especially a running style quarterback.
https://phinphanatic.com/2018/02/12/ryan-tannehill-trade-smart-move-dolphins/

Why would we move a $$$ friendly starting qb, one that is the best we have had since Marino, playing better each year, for a draft pick where we have failed so often?

Unless we move him for a boatload, not going to happen, we would then have to spend a fortune on a FA. Now if we had a back up we were comfortable with it would be intriguing assuming Gase wants a change but we all know we have zilch.

And regarding the mental issue if it's such a tragic ,dire, thing with some people who would trade anything for him? I don't know him personally but from what I see he's pretty strong-minded and I think I'll be fine mentally.

Only if we get value.

I’d be willing to trade anyone. If that means Miami can get a qb and Derwin James then your man is happy.

I wouldn't be against it if we got good value. I'm not sure what exactly that would be, but for me, it would have to include multiple picks and one of those would be a 2018 first rounder, and at least one more high pick.

If you think there's a QB available in the draft this year that you want to build around, and you can get that kind of trade value, why not? You've cleared out some massive cap space, and you've got a few years of a supposedly good rookie QB on a rookie contract. And you landed some other good players with additional picks. Of course, this comes down to assessment of a rookie franchise QB, and I'm not sure I trust this team to accomplish that kind of high-risk assessment.

I like Tannehill and I think he'll do well in 2018. But I'm not so attached to the guy that I wouldn't entertain trade scenarios that could help us in the longer-term.

How do you plan to get value for Tannehill? He hasn't played a snap since his knee surgery...

Only if we get value.

I’d be willing to trade anyone. If that means Miami can get a qb and Derwin James then your man is happy.

Did you mention Derwin...did you know that he was offered a scholarship before he played a down of high school football?

Maybe Miami can swap 1sts with a team like Phily did last year or acquire a 2nd or 3rd (one) to help move up for a qb. This is becoming more and more of a reality, which i have been calling for months

Maybe Miami can swap 1sts with a team like Phily did last year or acquire a 2nd or 3rd (one) to help move up for a qb. This is becoming more and more of a reality, which i have been calling for months

It's like a comedy show with this one. Projecting your desires as reality doesn't make it so. It's no more becoming reality as is Marino suiting back up.... but you keep talking to yourself :asshat

mega-facepalm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom