Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

I know whatever team gets him is getting a freak of nature and a guy that will become better than Sean Taylor and Ed Reed put together.
Derwin James is the guy I want in the draft more than anyone else, but let's not get crazy here. Sean Taylor alone was such a monster, Derwin as much as I like him and would love for him to be a Phin will never sniff Sean Taylor status. Lol and if you combine the skills of Taylor and Reed you've probably got the best defensive football player in the history of the NFL.

I’ll trade anyone if the price is right. But yeah , it’s not happening.

Reliable for the usual 6-8 wins?
Yes, but that is an oversimplification statement as the Dolphins faults are not only his. We can discuss his shortcomings at length if you wish, but to through out a statement like this isn't fair.

Not going to happen. Tannehill value is far too low coming off 2 ACL injuries. Be lucky to get a 3rd for him...

Knock it off! You'd EASILY get a 3rd for a proven starting QB in the NFL that can come in and win you games. Outside of playing behind an elite QB there wouldn't be that much of a drop if Tannehill came off the bench for a starting QB.

Yes, but that is an oversimplification statement as the Dolphins faults are not only his. We can discuss his shortcomings at length if you wish, but to through out a statement like this isn't fair.

Yeah yeah yeah the talent around him is no good. Yet everyone keeps saying the WRs are the strongest position on the team. Rodgers has no talent around him but you couldn’t tell when he’s actually playing. When he’s out the team is horrific despite the same players there but competing when Rodgers is in. Same thing with the Colts, terrible defenses and O-lines ( worse than Miami) around Luck yet they’re competitive when Luck is playing. When Luck is out the Colts are trash. Texans with superior talent are nothing without Watson. 49ers were awful, insert a quality QB and all of a sudden they’re competitive and beating good teams.

If Tannehill needs to be surrounded by pro bowlers on both sides of the ball just to be slightly above average than Miami has a huge problem on their hands. It’s a shame people aren’t going to realize that Tannehill is the problem until after Miami moves on from him.

The most talented teams in the league can’t do anything with with a mediocre QB.

Tannehill is not the Dolphins' main issue. The defense meeds more work than the offense actually. We are 1 Guard and a TE away on offense to make that jump.

In order to trade him, he would have to pass a physical for the new team. That may not happen until after the draft. Who is giving up a 1st round draft pick in this years draft without even knowing if he will pass the exam?

If Tannehill needs to be surrounded by pro bowlers on both sides of the ball just to be slightly above average than Miami has a huge problem on their hands. It’s a shame people aren’t going to realize that Tannehill is the problem until after Miami moves on from him.

Exactly! My view is to not stop until you have a top 5 franchise QB. Everyone else is just treading water.

Derwin James is the guy I want in the draft more than anyone else, but let's not get crazy here. Sean Taylor alone was such a monster, Derwin as much as I like him and would love for him to be a Phin will never sniff Sean Taylor status. Lol and if you combine the skills of Taylor and Reed you've probably got the best defensive football player in the history of the NFL.

Obvious satire.

FSUTruth and I are big Derwin fans, so I was jokingly replying to him.

This is what I think the Dolphins should do.

1. Fire Gase and hire a new coach and staff
2. Trade Tannehill.
3. Move on from Landry, Suh, James, Kiko, Branch, Pouncey and any player who costs too much against the cap.
4. Draft a QB
5. If he struggles play his backup right away
6. If his backup struggles play the 3rd stringer right away.
7. Hire a new coach and staff.
8. Don't ever, ever pay anyone, keep the best cap situation in the league. Strictly build the team by good drafting and scouting as soon as anyone gets good and commands a big salary let them walk.

If this doesn't work the same plan will hold true for every season until it does. We will probably suck for a long time but at least this website will be happy.

It depends. Is Miami trying to dump him and in doing so, we get a below average deal? I don't think that's the case.

Then to trade, you need a team that wants him. What team thinks Tannehill is the solution to their qb problem? Not seeing anyone there. He has been out for over a year with the knee. He tried coming back and jacked it up again. So, there's no recent evals. on his play or physical abilities for a team to make a good (For us) trade.

I do find it odd that Ryan is not on social media or in the news showing his desire to be the no.1 guy in a year where speculation of drafting a qb in the 1st round. He has to know the fans want to win again, and that his play will be instrumental in that. I'd like to hear him say that he's rehabbing hard, he can't wait for next season, something about wanting to get back to the playoffs.

Or maybe he knows something like a trade may be in the cards and he's staying close to the vest.

All I know is that the offseason will be full of rumors and potential happenings. If Mayfield lights up the combine, it'll only get worse. Bring on the draft already.

If Mayfield lights it up any more he will go long before 11. I'm guessing all 4 will go top 10 and someone will take Jackson in round 1 as well.

All this speculation that Tannehill cannot recover from ACL but Tom Brady tore ACL & MCL in 2008 and returned the next year to play a full season. The same year Carson Palmer had numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap. It was reported to be career ending. He returned to play a full season. That was 10 years ago and I'm sure the technology has evolved as well.

This article says the odds are stacked against us and RT17. Most return but a small percentage return to form.

"New research of NFL players finds most with ACL injuries return to play, but only about 80 percent of their prior performance levels. "

"In their sampling, Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice remains the only player to play a game in the same season after sustaining an ACL tear. Star players tend to have better odds of returning to play, Mai said, though that could be because other players were already at risk of being cut.

Quarterbacks’ careers are not shortened by ACL injuries, but the number of games they play declines as some end up as backups. Among players who were Pro Bowlers before their injuries, 85 percent returned to play football. Only 30 percent made it back to the Pro Bowl.

"http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/

For every Brady and Palmer there are 5 other QB's that never make it back to original form.

Back
Top Bottom