Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

I know whatever team gets him is getting a freak of nature and a guy that will become better than Sean Taylor and Ed Reed put together.
Easy dude. One of those guys is a HOFamer and the other one would probably have been. James hasn't even been drafted yet

Ozzy rules!!

It depends. Is Miami trying to dump him and in doing so, we get a below average deal? I don't think that's the case.

Then to trade, you need a team that wants him. What team thinks Tannehill is the solution to their qb problem? Not seeing anyone there. He has been out for over a year with the knee. He tried coming back and jacked it up again. So, there's no recent evals. on his play or physical abilities for a team to make a good (For us) trade.

Here is one of my problems if a trade is really considered (it isn't). For now, it appears there are 4 QBs to be taken in the 1st 10 picks. 5-6 if we count teams willing to wait until later in R1 and high R2. On top of that, there COULD be a number of FA QBs available without need of trade and a few more with a trade. Looks to me like there should be more QBs available than there are desperate teams. That doesn't bode well for trades.

For as good as our fans believe RT is I'm not sure how much he'd command in a trade. Besides wouldn't trade him unless I knew we could draft a starter with the pick we acquired.

For as good as our fans believe RT is I'm not sure how much he'd command in a trade. Besides wouldn't trade him unless I knew we could draft a starter with the pick we acquired.
I don't know how that's going to happen, because some believe he's only worth a seventh

It's somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure we'd get a 1st or 2nd but he's definitely not as bad as some might think

Yeah yeah yeah the talent around him is no good. Yet everyone keeps saying the WRs are the strongest position on the team. Rodgers has no talent around him but you couldn’t tell when he’s actually playing. When he’s out the team is horrific despite the same players there but competing when Rodgers is in. Same thing with the Colts, terrible defenses and O-lines ( worse than Miami) around Luck yet they’re competitive when Luck is playing. When Luck is out the Colts are trash. Texans with superior talent are nothing without Watson. 49ers were awful, insert a quality QB and all of a sudden they’re competitive and beating good teams.

If Tannehill needs to be surrounded by pro bowlers on both sides of the ball just to be slightly above average than Miami has a huge problem on their hands. It’s a shame people aren’t going to realize that Tannehill is the problem until after Miami moves on from him.

The most talented teams in the league can’t do anything with with a mediocre QB.

If only it was as easy as you seem to think to just go to the grocery store to pick up an Aaron Rodgers. So yes, lets just throw away what we do have to try to find the elusive elite QB you're creaming for.

If only it was as easy as you seem to think to just go to the grocery store to pick up an Aaron Rodgers. So yes, lets just throw away what we do have to try to find the elusive elite QB you're creaming for.
and they way it sounds, he's is trading RT before the draft, so you would trade away the only QB you have for a chance at someone who might not work out or even be available. I know many want to move on from Ryan but this is a terrible idea

and they way it sounds, he's is trading RT before the draft, so you would trade away the only QB you have for a chance at someone who might not work out or even be available. I know many want to move on from Ryan but this is a terrible idea
I never said trade him. But I would keep looking to upgrade. Which all his fans think is so asinine to do. Look for an upgrade from a mediocre QB

Yeah I guess I expect too much of a number 8 overall draft pick at the QB position. If Tannehill was drafted in round 2 or 3 he’d be meeting expectations.

Yeah I guess I expect too much of a number 8 overall draft pick at the QB position. If Tannehill was drafted in round 2 or 3 he’d be meeting expectations.

So you're judging him on preconceived expectations of a draft pick. Makes more sense than before but still...

In order to trade him, he would have to pass a physical for the new team. That may not happen until after the draft. Who is giving up a 1st round draft pick in this years draft without even knowing if he will pass the exam?

There is no such criteria. Why do you guys keep this myth going?? It all should have died forever with Daunte Culpepper. You can void a trade if a team tried to send you a player without disclosing the injury, but you can trade for a dead guy if know it ahead of time and you still want to make the deal.

Back
Top Bottom