Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star...................... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Will Be a Star......................

The difference between QB's at this level is their preperation. Most of these guys have similar abilities, but some put in "Tom Brady" work/ethic and some put in "Akilli Smith" work/effort.

Luckily with Tannehill we have a offensive coordinator that spent alot of time with him and knows first hand what kind of worker he is.

Ryan mallet must be kicking himself for coming out a year early....he would have been a top 10 pick this year.

curious question. Ryan mallet now - 1 yr behind brady compared to ryan tannehill ...

Even more crazy... by draft week the 3rd qb is getting the statements made on Luck the 1st qb of this class.

Once again, Mallett dropped due to character concerns and his admitted drug use. However, he is not a WCO QB. He is a tall statue with a good arm. No one knows yet if he has the instincts, intelligence or mental toughness to be an upper echelon starter in the NFL and sitting behind Brady (or any other good QB) doesn't make you one. Just ask Curtis Painter

yep. You have to trust your coaches and fo. They live and die by the qb decisions they make. However, if you don't invest a high draft pick on a qb, you will likely never find one. Always waiting for 'next year' isn't a plan either. Searching in scrap heaps yr after yr reduces your odds.

this

Sherman knows RT better than anybody... if he has the potential to be a franchise QB he WORTH be selected at 8 overall

Sherman knows RT better than anybody... if he has the potential to be a franchise QB he WORTH be selected at 8 overall

This^^^ If the staff thinks there is any decent chance he will develop into a good NFL starting QB we will take him. If you think people are down on the Fins now, imagine what fan support would be like three years from now if we don't take him, and he's playing at or near a Pro Bowl level.

and if the Dolphin braintrust passes on him they will be screwing up yet again.

This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB, He's big, he's athletic, fast, strong arm, Accurate........he loves the game in "Peyton Manning" kind of way.

Yes, he'll need a season probably to acclimate to the NFL....but if we could go back and draft Drew Brees knowing he needed some time to adjust, wouldn't we do it?

Same with Aaron Rogers......wouldn't that be better than what we've wasted 12 years trying to do?

If you don't like Tannehill as a prospect, then I totally understand.....if you don't want to draft him because you think it's a litttle to high at 8, or because he might need time to adjust to the NFL....then I think your making a mistake.

This kid has everything your looking for, with the only exception being that he didn't play QB for 4 years in college. But many others that have succeeded in the NFL didn't either....including Cam Newton.

I agree and in the end, its about character and work ethic practicing and studying to be the best and then learning from mistakes and then executing. peyton manning wasnt great until his contract was due, before that he was just good. I certainly see where Thill will be ready to go after one year. He has the goods and whatever he doesnt have, he will work at it.

That said, I wish to trade down because I really dont think anyone else wants him until 22 and even after that, its clear sailing unless Belichick wants to get cute again.

Ryan mallet must be kicking himself for coming out a year early....he would have been a top 10 pick this year.

curious question. Ryan mallet now - 1 yr behind brady compared to ryan tannehill ...

Even more crazy... by draft week the 3rd qb is getting the statements made on Luck the 1st qb of this class.

I had a dream that we traded back with the pats and got Mallet as part of the deal. I can't believe we traded up to take a rb instead of mallet

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v0xrp0

Stewart Mandel at SI thinks otherwise:

Overrated: Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
I don't mean to pile on the Aggies quarterback, but Top 10? Really? I'm not sure Tannehill was even one of the top five quarterbacks in the Big 12 last year (coming in behind RG3, Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma's Landry Jones, Kansas State's Collin Klein and Missouri's James Franklin). Nationally, Tannehill ranked 55th in pass efficiency, one spot below Notre Dame's Tommy Rees, a guy who probably won't even keep his starting job this fall. Tannehill is admittedly raw, having only taken over the starting role midway through his junior season. He's certainly athletic, having caught 12 passes for 210 yards against Kansas State as a freshman receiver. Maybe he could develop into an elite passer with the right coach; unfortunately, he's expected to go eighth overall to the Dolphins, where his offensive coordinator will be ... his college coach, Mike Sherman.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...rrated-nfl-prospects/index.html#ixzz1t5YpNyQK

Mallett was more successful in college than Akili Smith 2.0, so I don't get what you're saying.

Akili Smith 2.0? I'd really love to hear your "evidence" supporting that claim.

-Tannehill has shown proper footwork
-has the arm strength to make sideline throws
-has run a college system that is more complicated than most
-knows the verbage involved in mastering an offense
-has familiarity with the offense we are running here
-has a keen ability to feel pressure in the pocket
-has the size to be a durable NFL player

I am absolutely sure this kid will not beat out moore. He is the next chad henne.

I disagree.

Much more like the next Brady Quinn.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Akili Smith 2.0? I'd really love to hear your "evidence" supporting that claim.

-Tannehill has shown proper footwork
-has the arm strength to make sideline throws
-has run a college system that is more complicated than most
-knows the verbage involved in mastering an offense
-has familiarity with the offense we are running here
-has a keen ability to feel pressure in the pocket
-has the size to be a durable NFL player

You forgot:

Was beat out at QB by two VERY average QB's.
Is TERRIBLY inaccurate.
Has shown ZERO leadership qualities..and I mean NONE.
Locks onto his target as he approaches the LOS, and I'm talking about before the ball is even centered.
Sucked against really bad defenses all season long.

No one knows how any draft pick will come out all we can do is hope and pray

"This kid has everything you look for in a franchise QB... "

with the possible exception of actual QB game experience.
dan marino qb'd 44 games at pitt heisman top ten twice and at went 27th overall. tanny not so very much.

Tannehill is a 2nd round prospect. Nothing has really changed since last Dec.

Back
Top Bottom