Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

dade

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ive been a loyal dolphin fan since as long as I can remember, RT is the best qb, hear me now, the BEST QB we have had since Chad Pennington and the god like Marino. For people to sit hear and complain about him makes me sick. A qb doesn't have to always be For Phenomenal to win games, it's a TEAM sport period!!!! If RT was released there would be a bidding war for him right now!!!! He's faced adversity since day ONE!!!

He was made a starter his rookie year and looked very promising, I don't care what anyone says but being drafted at 8 and started your rookie year all year speak volumes. No other qb besides Derek carr, Sanchez, Dak Prescott, Newton, Nick foles, to start there rookie year and actually look promising . ONE day in the future we'll be begging for a RT while sitting in qb Purgatory. Besides his second year RT has never thrown more than 13 int in a year,..Oh not to mention having straight idiots as prior coaches and having to change scheme every year and he is still in my book a good, soon to be very good qb and deny it if you want, I COULD SEE THE CHANGE WHEN GASE CAME .RT Was transforming right before our eyes with the fast receiving corps that we have along with Drake and a much much better offensive line.

this is the best line that we have had since Vernon Carey and Jake along where on the same the same line. If youre gonna judge him do it this year with a much improved oline and smart player who will not make mental errors. Below are his td and int for his 5 year career that he's played. How many other non elite qbs can give you what he does, Hes very Athletic for a QB, hes a very good passer and hes very good at learning. People just want to have a elote qb which is not required, he is the most Underappreciated qb ive ever seen!! He's going to come out balling, he's metered the case offense which is resembling more and more like the past, and a defense looking more and more like the old giants, and I believe it's case who has turned over the roster just like philbin did, but this time it's actually real improvement.

12/13
24/17
27/12
24/12
19/12

Last edited:
Pretty brave to start another Tanne thread. I agree. If someone started a list of the past 20 years worth of qb's and circled the ones that were anywhere close to worth a damn, you'd probably circle 3. . maybe 4. Yeah I'll just name them: Marino, Pennington, Tannehill. Some would argue Fiedler but no, they would be wrong.

Tannehill was drafted #8 overall.

Tannehill was given the job by default as a rookie.

Those yearly numbers are paltry in today’s era of passing first.

We’ll see if he comes out balling in 2018.

So you're not gonna give him any credit what do ever bro??? Really, he has never had an offensive line, changing schemes all the time. I'm just amazed, kid gets no love here man. If some told me of a qb who can get me 28 re and no more than 12 int, if take him quick. Who said your qb needs to throw 40 td. Every year, how about a running game?? It's about balance bro and I see it and case does to, minimize turn overs, run the ball, and throw, play defense, it's a team game, gase wants to be able to have anyone ball out any given week so teams don't have to take away your best weapon!!! He's very smart for that!!

Drake is better over all than jay ajayi, juice leaving really isn't that bad because RT Has made multiple wide receivers look good Brian Hartline had to back-to-back 1000 yd receiving seasons because of Ryan tannehill Jarvis Landry is who is today because of Ryan ok,.

No qb will win without a good offensive line a smart coach who can correct his mistakes and a good running game. And to highlight your point IN TODAYS GAME comment , look who just won, a back up qb who in my mind is pretty good but before that he went to the Broncos and did nothing, kennum, brotles, come man those guys almost made it deep in the play offs. Why? well balanced,

his rookie year was pretty uninspiring considering he knew the entire offense coming in and still threw more INTs than TDs lol....

Not sure about the bidding war but he is the best we'v had since chad but that's not saying much. He's never played well for an entire season. He puts strings of games together and that's it. Everyone applauds the last 8 games he played before he got injured but we forget his start to the season. We need to see him be consistent and start the season and games strong this year

So you're not gonna give him any credit what do ever bro??? Really, he has never had an offensive line, changing schemes all the time. I'm just amazed, kid gets no love here man. If some told me of a qb who can get me 28 re and no more than 12 int, if take him quick. Who said your qb needs to throw 40 td. Every year, how about a running game?? It's about balance bro and I see it and case does to, minimize turn overs, run the ball, and throw, play defense, it's a team game, gase wants to be able to have anyone ball out any given week so teams don't have to take away your best weapon!!! He's very smart for that!! Drake is better over all than jay ajayi, juice leaving really isn't that bad because RT Has made multiple wide receivers look good Brian Hartline had to back-to-back 1000 yd receiving seasons because of Ryan tannehill Jarvis Landry is who is today because of Ryan ok,. No qb will win without a good offensive line a smart coach who can correct his mistakes and a good running game. And to highlight your point IN TODAYS GAME comment , look who just won, a back up qb who in my mind is pretty good but before that he went to the Broncos and did nothing, kennum, brotles, come man those guys almost made it deep in the play offs. Why? well balanced,

Didn’t read all that. I’m not completely discrediting Tannehill. He’s been decent here and there. But I’m not going to pretend he’s the best thing to ever happen to Miami. Tannehill isn’t the only QB to ever have bad offensive lines and scheme changes. Tannehill looked like it was finally coming to him in year 3 and I think he’s taken steps back ever since.

Not sure about the bidding war but he is the best we'v had since chad but that's not saying much. He's never played well for an entire season. He puts strings of games together and that's it. Everyone applauds the last 8 games he played before he got injured but we forget his start to the season. We need to see him be consistent and start the season and games strong this year

Remember? He had to learn another offense. Lol so those first 5 games don’t count. Only the next 8.

I really hope you are drunk or english is not your first language that was brutal to read, and full of factual errors.
I'm sorry , I'm not an editor and I'm on break on my phone,. How about we talk about sports, but me with some facts some you're claiming I'm wrong.. you're just a tanny hater bro, BYE. talk football, I didn't kow this was grammar school. This why i hate posting on here, everytime someone has to complain about how I right , did I misspell anywords?? Just because the structure is not to your liking?? Can we get the site manger please because I'm constantly being attacked about paragraphs. Smh, read it and Form a hypothesis and talk football bro damn.

Best since Pennington you say?

Henne
Moore
Cutler
Fales

Its debatable but I'll give you this one.

People don't wanna hear this but Chad Pennington in reality was not all that. Sure, with the help of the wildcat, he had a few shining moments dinking and dunking for a high completion percentage but the next two years he went 0-4 throwing 1TD and 2 Ints. It was also the year Brady was out.

One only needs to look at the Baltimore postseason game to understand how limited he was. What were there..8 in the box against noodle arm? And how did that work out? Wasn't it 1 TD and 4 Ints? The year before he joined the fins, some ganggreen fans did a game by game study of Pennington and determined that when facing Top 10 scoring D's he had a career record of less than .250.. and closer to .210 in the playoffs. Well, in that "magical" 08 season, we faced 4 top 10 scoring Ds (Balt and NE 2x each) and he was 1-3.. right about his average. While I don't have the OL's performance stats, I do know that the 08 team fielded the 9th best league scoring D behind Penny so there's that too.

So yeah, we can appreciate the "feel good" lightning in the bottle he, Ronnie and the WC provided us, but for perspective sake in the pantheon of Fins QBs, let's not be so quick to exhalt him into anything he really was not.

I'm sorry , I'm not an editor and I'm on break on my phone,. How about we talk about sports, but me with some facts some you're claiming I'm wrong.. you're just a tanny hater bro, BYE. talk football, I didn't kow this was grammar school. This why i hate posting on here, everytime someone has to complain about how I right , did I misspell anywords?? Just because the structure is not to your liking?? Can we get the site manger please because I'm constantly being attacked about paragraphs. Smh, read it and Form a hypothesis and talk football bro damn.

I will not let anyone else attack you for your posting style and I know it's hard from a phone just when you have a lot to say it's easier to read with a few spaces in there.

If you don't like this constructive advice post how you would like.
Guys please do not criticize the grammar. The point has been made.

*Thanks for the edit brother. Your original post is much easier to read now.

Didn’t read all that. I’m not completely discrediting Tannehill. He’s been decent here and there. But I’m not going to pretend he’s the best thing to ever happen to Miami. Tannehill isn’t the only QB to ever have bad offensive lines and scheme changes. Tannehill looked like it was finally coming to him in year 3 and I think he’s taken steps back ever since.
So 4k passing yards and 27 td and 12 picks
Best since Pennington you say?

Henne
Moore
Cutler
Fales

Its debatable but I'll give you this one.
There's nothing debatable, that list consist of bums. Ive seen to many games with philbin and that dumb west coast offense hindered RT, I remeber coming on here and people crying about him not having a run game.

philbin never ran as Consistently as he should have and he got crucified a lot for that on this forum and also gase was doing the same thing in the beginning, but he quickly changed that and created a better balance and jay ajayi started turning into a beast. Running game and a good offensive line seems To be a special privilege in the NFL, because it seems like only certain Qb's are afforded that type of privilege.while others like RT who put up 27 touchdowns and no more than 13int, gets called a bum because his coaches have not set him up to succeed point blank.

A good player can be hindered in Development. I don't think its a coincidence that when gase came in and the system finally started to work, RT started to look like the QB that we all expected him to be he was finally becoming that QB and taking that next step and anybody that disagrees it is in denial.

I'm not sure everyone expected him to be great. I was unsure and have never forgotten him being unable to beat out jerrod johnson at a&m. That has little to do with him being a pro but it's just something that always stuck with me

ha ha ha You guys are real pricks however that was funny :)

Brother dade thanks for posting. I'm gonna edit your post and show you what they mean.

Much easier to read when you break it up a little.
I get that, but im not suppose to be on the phone at work and I didn't know that was a requirement to post. I thought that good wisdom was accepted in any form not Rejected and ridiculed, it's ridiculous and speaks volumes of the type of people on here, hence why I don't post. Any way this team is moving in the right direction and before juice left had a 4 receiving corps, no set of three wide receivers rivaled ours, and even tho juice is gone it's still a good and deep group and very versatile.

Back
Top Bottom