Ryan Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

I'm not sure everyone expected him to be great. I was unsure and have never forgotten him being unable to beat out jerrod johnson at a&m. That has little to do with him being a pro but it's just something that always stuck with me
How about Brady at Michigan what did he do??? That always Stuck with me to lol

Of course. However we all know Brady is an anomaly and RT shouldn't be compared to him. Most qbs shouldn't be compared to Brady

Best Dolphin QB since Pennington.

Legendary.

Here we are starting RTs seventh year as pro and still debating if he’s any good. Shouldn’t this be known by now?

Well buckle up, we have him for 2 more years. Another poster joked about last week but he may actually get 10 years to prove himself with little competition for his entire career

How about Brady at Michigan what did he do??? That always Stuck with me to lol

He helped lead his team to a 20-5 record in his 2 years starting, including two bowl wins against #11 Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl and #5 Alabama in the Orange Bowl. He earned the nickname captain comeback in college due to all his comebacks, something he continued to do very well in the NFL. His Orange bowl victory would be the last time Michigan would win one of the major Bowls until 2011.

Brady always had the magic he just didn't have the measurables, not to mention splitting time with Drew Henson hurt his stock.

Of course. However we all know Brady is an anomaly and RT shouldn't be compared to him. Most qbs shouldn't be compared to Brady
It's in Correlation to what he said regarding RT in "college" ok. College and NFL is a big difference, most of them dont reach there full potential until coached by real NFL coaches and going up against real talent where in college half of them dont make it and going up against inferior Competition in college.

I remember when Tom Brady's deep ball looked like like crap and wondered would he ever develop a good arm but now he has over the past decade, he even said It in the beginning of his career he had to Develop his arm strength. Those are toms first 6 years starting and those ARE HIS NUMBERS??? And you where saying don't compare lol, please bro. Ive come to realize that half of us fans don't know **** and get made when presented facts.

Those numbers down there look just like RT to me in his career. so when people start bitching at him i laugh. Tb average complection percentage in his first few years was well below RT who is a career 62 percent, his first year under gas he jumped to 67 percent!!!!!!! But yeah he's a bum lol.. I get we want to win and all but at the expense of under appreciating our QB who is a good QB is just wrong.

Our time is coming soon bro, we finally have a good qb coach combo. It's the best we've had since jj and Marino. Just be a little more patient, it's coming together. For the first time I believe that we will be picking best position player available in every single round of this draft which will take this team to the next level.

we have a future stud running back who catches and run the ball, we have a deep set of wide receivers, we have a decent O line finally right now, and we will have hurst or geysicki in the draft at te, might be the fastest offence I've seen in a while. Will be tops in the league i believe . Smart players and no divas like the pats, Steelers and saints.

Td completion%
18/12 63.9
28/14. 62.1
23/12. 60.2
28/14. 60.8
26/14 63
24/12. 61.8
vs Ryan

TD completion %
12/13 58.3
24/17 60.4
27/12 66.4
24/12. 61.9
19/12 67.4 (got hurt with 3 games left.)

He helped lead his team to a 20-5 record in his 2 years starting, including two bowl wins against #11 Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl and #5 Alabama in the Orange Bowl. He earned the nickname captain comeback in college due to all his comebacks, something he continued to do very well in the NFL. His Orange bowl victory would be the last time Michigan would win one of the major Bowls until 2011.

Brady always had the magic he just didn't have the measurables, not to mention splitting time with Drew Henson hurt his stock.
Say that again??? Splitting time with Hanson right??? Who is he or what has he become??? Nothing, hence why he was drafted where he was. And with that I have no problem saying he is the best qb to ever play, just have to give him the crown, he deserves it. For 7th rd. Pick to Perennial pro bowler, perennial Super Bowl winner, Perennial comeback king, dolphins always gave him the most trouble tho and we've never been afraid of them. Never forget when we shut them out when we had yeremia bell and that 3-4 d.

Say that again??? Splitting time with Hanson right??? Who is he or what has he become??? Nothing, hence why he was drafted where he was. And with that I have no problem saying he is the best qb to ever play, just have to give him the crown, he deserves it. For 7th rd. Pick to Perennial pro bowler, perennial Super Bowl winner, Perennial comeback king, dolphins always gave him the most trouble tho and we've never been afraid of them. Never forget when we shut them out when we had yeremia bell and that 3-4 d.

What Henson became as a pro is irrelevant, in college was supposed to be the next big thing and was a highly touted, he was a 5 star recruit and considered one of the 10 best players in the country.

Best Dolphin QB since Pennington.

Legendary.

Here we are starting RTs seventh year as pro and still debating if he’s any good. Shouldn’t this be known by now?
It should, people just aren't satisfied and unwilling to acknowledge other factors like a revolving door a both guard spots and piss poor coaching, poor kid was getting sacked at an alarming rate. That is the cold truth bro, with good coaching and a real team around him I fully expect him to pick up where he left off, 7th season or not this is his 6th playing, remember he missed last year. But his last 8 games playing looked great. It's like everyone hates him since day ome, it's just not fair, people never no what they have until it's gone. I for one love his resiliency and able to pick up any offence and learn quickly under gase I believe he will turn into a 30 touchdown throwing QB

What Henson became as a pro is irrelevant, in college was supposed to be the next big thing and was a highly touted, he was a 5 star recruit and considered one of the 10 best players in the country.
It's very much Relevant if you're bringing up Henson and your previous post when we're talking about Brady so if you saying hanson was a 5 star this 5 start that, a blue chip prospect. what round did he get drafted in, and hence to further prove my debate about Brady not being nothing much in college. than ttied defending Brady and saying he won this game and all these games in college and bowl games.

I thought you said Hansen was the better qb and was a 5 star this and 5 star that. Which defense are you gonna use cause your all over the place right now . Brady played for two season prior to the 2 years before he was doing nothing, his 4 year record in college was 4770 yards and 37 td and 17 int and that's for the record. I deal with facts not unbiased theories

Im a huge Tannehill fan. Im hoping he can just stay healthy. Think he's knee can change his play a bit. I hope im wrong..

All who hope in Tannehill will be gravely disappointed.

Hope in the run game with an excellent draft pick and Drake killing it.
Hope in a new OL that will really gel and dominate.
Hope in a DL acquisition that will be the next Aaron Donald.
Hope in our young CB's to step up and shut it down this year.
Hope in our stud safeties staying healthy and leading the league in a couple categories.
Hope in Parker to finally fulfill his potential.

Hope in a hundred other things, but do NOT hope in Tannehill.

He has already peaked at mediocrity and it is all downhill from here.

Hope in a new and better QB. That hope may actually be fulfilled.

Td completion%
18/12 63.9
28/14. 62.1
23/12. 60.2
28/14. 60.8
26/14 63
24/12. 61.8
vs Ryan

TD completion %
12/13 58.3
24/17 60.4
27/12 66.4
24/12. 61.9
19/12 67.4 (got hurt with 3 games left.)

Here's where a little something called context comes into play. The NFL was a different beast back than so while Brady's numbers don't look spectacular he fished top 10 in a major passing category every single one of his first 6 years.

2001- comp% was 4th in the NFL, his TD% was 10th--first year starting

2002- lead the league in TDs (28), comp% was 8th in the NFL

2003- 10th in TD (23)

2004- 6th in TD (28), 9th in y/a

2005- 3rd in TD (26), 8th in comp%, 6th in y/a

2006- tied 4th in TD (24)

From 2001-2006 only Peyton Manning and Brett Favre had thrown more TD's, Brady was 3rd with 147.
From 2012-2016 Tannehill is 15th in passing TD's, that's how different the era's are.

I don't know where you are getting this everybody hates Tannehill vibe, 90% of this board supports Tannehill for at least the 2018 season because we all want to see how he does after things seemed to be going well during the 2016 season. Of course there are some who want him gone yesterday but that is nowhere near the majority and also to be expected given the sheer amount of members this board has.

It's very much Relevant if you're bringing up Henson and your previous post when we're talking about Brady so if you saying hanson was a 5 star this 5 start that, a blue chip prospect. what round did he get drafted in, and hence to further prove my debate about Brady not being nothing much in college. than ttied defending Brady and saying he won this game and all these games in college and bowl games.

I thought you said Hansen was the better qb and was a 5 star this and 5 star that. Which defense are you gonna use cause your all over the place right now . Brady played for two season prior to the 2 years before he was doing nothing, his 4 year record in college was 4770 yards and 37 td and 17 int and that's for the record. I deal with facts not unbiased theories

Here's the thing, Henson chose baseball over football, so there's no way to know what round he would have been drafted in had he committed to football 100%. I never gave my personal opinion of college Brady, I told you his starting record and the 2 bowls wins he helped his team win. Than I told you his nickname in college, I don't see what about that is unfactual or a biased theory.

I in fact never ever said Henson was a better QB. I said he was a 5 star recruit and a top rated player in the country, you understand I am not the person who determines the star ratings for HS prospects right? I wasn't the one who rated Henson higher than Brady. That's literally not what I do for a living.

I see this is going nowhere as you are reminiscent of another poster except instead of hating Tannehill its the extreme opposite. So good luck with your facts man may they lead you towards enlightenment. Adios!

Last edited:
Here's where a little something called context comes into play. The NFL was a different beast back than so while Brady's numbers don't look spectacular he fished top 10 in a major passing category every single one of his first 6 years.

2001- comp% was 4th in the NFL, his TD% was 10th--first year starting

2002- lead the league in TDs (28), comp% was 8th in the NFL

2003- 10th in TD (23)

2004- 6th in TD (28), 9th in y/a

2005- 3rd in TD (26), 8th in comp%, 6th in y/a

2006- tied 4th in TD (24)

From 2001-2006 only Peyton Manning and Brett Favre had thrown more TD's, Brady was 3rd with 147.
From 2012-2016 Tannehill is 15th in passing TD's, that's how different the era's are.

I don't know where you are getting this everybody hates Tannehill vibe, 90% of this board supports Tannehill for at least the 2018 season because we all want to see how he does after things seemed to be going well during the 2016 season. Of course there are some who want him gone yesterday but that is nowhere near the majority and also to be expected given the sheer amount of members this board has.
I've only seen you and probably 3 other people actually have something nice to say about RT, so that's refreshing.

Back
Top Bottom