Saban is the right man at the right time! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is the right man at the right time!

raving

Active Roster
Reaction score
Each time a move is rumored or even suggested inevitable two or three posts are made on this board that poor over speculation about draft moves and trade moves.

My opinion is that Saban is a man on a mission. In spite of the historical FACT that college coaches fail miserably as HEAD Coaches - Spurrier, Erikson - Saban operates at another level. Watch this guy go - he is not attached to the idea that he has to please any fans -A VERY GOOD SIGN- players will or will not be kept based exclusively on Saban's ideas about his team.

Saban will look to stockpile draft choices and hopefully add many talented young free agents. His moves will be many, many, many so I am guessing a changing landscape in terms of draft moves, FA deals and trades almost daily.

Saban is the right man at the right time.

This is the HAPPIEST I HAVE BEEN AS A DOLFAN SINCE I CAN REMEMBER.

Thank you Wayne and thank you Saban!

raving said:
Each time a move is rumored or even suggested inevitable two or three posts are made on this board that poor over speculation about draft moves and trade moves.
more like 2-300 threads

during the summer, I expect the Phins to be very active picking up and testing various undrafted "street" FA's, a lot like Belichick...

raving said:
My opinion is that Saban is a man on a mission. In spite of the historical FACT that college coaches fail miserably as HEAD Coaches - Spurrier, Erikson - Saban operates at another level. Watch this guy go - he is not attached to the idea that he has to please any fans -A VERY GOOD SIGN- players will or will not be kept based exclusively on Saban's ideas about his team.
Let's not overlook college to pro coaches like Jimmy Johnson, Switzer, Coughlin, Vermeil, Bill Walsh, Dennis Green and "Air" Coryell. With the exception of a few (Like Johnson), they had assistants positions followed by college HC before returning to the NFL as head coach.

As with any type of coaching hire, bringing in a college head coach to run an NFL club is a risk. But more often than not since the AFL-NFL merger, it has been rewarded. Here's a look at the men who've made that jump in the last 32 years and how they fared in their first NFL jobs.
http://www.nfl.com

But I agree with everything else you said and very well said, at that.:)

Back
Top Bottom