Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saban said over and over in his press conferences on MD.com, that he is not leaving. He is looking forward to next year with the Dolphins.

I wouldnt mind nick leavin to be honest.. new coach comes in , gets rid of mularkey.. wed still have our elite D and a better offense next year with whoever comes in (im thinkin mike martz- offensive genius FOR A CHANGE)

In other words you are 100% positive Nick stays? C`mon now,you must have doubts yourself like everybody else.

Saban leaving and at this time in his career would be suicide to his career. Not only in Miami, but every other Job beyond that. Think what it would do to his credibility. Not only because he lied, but every team that wanted him after he leaves Bama would wonder how long before another team comes along with money, will he do the same to them. Who would trust him college or pro??? Also why would he want to leave a team in the Dolphins that has given him exactly what he wanted?? Control to do things his way. There are just way to many reasons he would not be interested in the Bama job at this time. If we had won the SB this year then there could be a chance...but only because he accomplished the ultimate challenge of proffesional football. Saban hasn't even made the playoffs with Miami yet. The Only thing Bama can offer is more money, and lets be honest, when you're making Millions of dollars a year you have enough money. If Saban wins the big one with Miami, he can write his own ticket. Saban wants to win in the NFL, he's already proven he can win it all in college. I have no doubt whatsoever Saban is where he wants to be.

Saban leaving and at this time in his career would be suicide to his career. Not only in Miami, but every other Job beyond that. Think what it would do to his credibility. Not only because he lied, but every team that wanted him after he leaves Bama would wonder how long before another team comes along with money, will he do the same to them. Who would trust him college or pro??? Also why would he want to leave a team in the Dolphins that has given him exactly what he wanted?? Control to do things his way. There are just way to many reasons he would not be interested in the Bama job at this time. If we had won the SB this year then there could be a chance...but only because he accomplished the ultimate challenge of proffesional football. Saban hasn't even made the playoffs with Miami yet. The Only thing Bama can offer is more money, and lets be honest, when you're making Millions of dollars a year you have enough money. If Saban wins the big one with Miami, he can write his own ticket. Saban wants to win in the NFL, he's already proven he can win it all in college. I have no doubt whatsoever Saban is where he wants to be.

i wouldnt mind my career being over and retiring with the money bama is going to give him.....if he does get a guarenteed 7 year contract or whatever it is, who cares about his career afterwards?? if he even needs to have one...he can retire after those 7, with his money, and go boating with his family on the river

i wouldnt mind my career being over and retiring with the money bama is going to give him.....if he does get a guarenteed 7 year contract or whatever it is, who cares about his career afterwards?? if he even needs to have one...he can retire after those 7, with his money, and go boating with his family on the river

If you think Saban is in it for the money then you don't know much about Nick Saban. I would suggest you pick up his book, and read it.

Don't believe a word from Saban's mouth

Obviously whatever Saban says is hogwash, all that matters is what the reporters have to say, after all, they know Saban far better then he knows himself. I don't understand why people refuse to accept what Saban has said over and over and over. This has gotten stupid.

Take this fwiw from an LSU fan.

He said he didn't want to leave BR. He said Terry was happy here and that the Mrs. was the boss. He said he loved college more than overpaid whiners.

Nick Saban is a liar. I wouldn't believe anything he says publicly. I hope he stays in Miami b/c his LSU replacement isn't worth a crap and I really don't want him back in the SEC much less in the West division. For him to even consider coming back in the same conference is a real stab in the back (even worse than announcing he would take the Miami job on Christmas Day after saying he would be staying on Christmas Eve). :mad:

Good luck!

Geaux Saints, maybe they'll be playing in Miami in a few weeks. Maybe Huizenga should have hired Sean Payton.

If you think Saban is in it for the money then you don't know much about Nick Saban. I would suggest you pick up his book, and read it.

Sexton: Nick, do you want to be the next Bear Bryant or the next Don Shula?

Saban: I love the college game I want to be the next Bear Bryant.

Sexton: Wayne, Nick is staying in BR.

Wayne: Here's more $$$.

Saban: We'll take it.

Saban is unquestionably in it for the money. It is a fact that he turned down the first WH offer and told his team he would stay on 12/24. WH offered more money and Saban announced he would be leaving on 12/25 after he arrived in Orlando for the CapitalOne Bowl. He didn't have the balls or guts or class to announce it in BR.

I would suggest you pick up on some facts and read them!

Sexton: Nick, do you want to be the next Bear Bryant or the next Don Shula?

Saban: I love the college game I want to be the next Bear Bryant.

Sexton: Wayne, Nick is staying in BR.

Wayne: Here's more $$$.

Saban: We'll take it.

Saban is unquestionably in it for the money. It is a fact that he turned down the first WH offer and told his team he would stay on 12/24. WH offered more money and Saban announced he would be leaving on 12/25 after he arrived in Orlando for the CapitalOne Bowl. He didn't have the balls or guts or class to announce it in BR.

I would suggest you pick up on some facts and read them!

Your bitterness is evident. Saban leads LSU to a National Championship title and thats how you thank him??? He accomplished everything there is to accomplish as a college HC, but because he didn't stay and keep winning you come here and trash him? It looks to me as if you're the one without class. Saban has the right to negotiate the best deal he can before accepting a job. Just because he did so with WH, is no reason to think he's doing the same with Bama. Like I've already stated, Saban has a long ways to go at the pro level, he's not going anywhere.

Traylor is an all-pro caliber DT, Wilkinson was a former 1st rounder, Holliday has had a great year, and Zgonina has been a very good player his whole career...and your bitching about Saban not playing a rookie over these guys? I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

traylor=old
wilkinson=old
holliday=old
zgonina=old

when are we gonna get younger?

Saban and Alabama

I have a question, lets say Saban decided he wanted to take the alabama job, don't the Dolphins have a right to not let him leave? he signed a contract for 5 years, do the dolphins have rights to not let him out of his contract here? Kinda like the whole ricky situation? now im not saying that i would want a coach here that doesnt want to be here, but i was just wondering from a legal stand point can the orgainzation stop him from leaving??

let him go!!! pleaee nick go away!!!

I have a question, lets say Saban decided he wanted to take the alabama job, don't the Dolphins have a right to not let him leave? he signed a contract for 5 years, do the dolphins have rights to not let him out of his contract here? Kinda like the whole ricky situation? now im not saying that i would want a coach here that doesnt want to be here, but i was just wondering from a legal stand point can the orgainzation stop him from leaving??

probably but at this point he is over his head on the nfl level...go back to college another failed transition.

When Will It End?

When Bama finally gets a coach.

It won't end then, either.

The media has seen what a firestorm this has created. Just wait until somebody tempts Pete Carroll to come to the pros and that USC job is open! And y'all think this Alabama stuff is a distraction? This was just the opening act!

I am 100% positive that Saban is not going anywhere after this season. Too much risk and too little reward, even if they do offer 47 million (and I can virtually guarantee that they will not).

I am also 100% positive that, due to the way the media has gotten everyone to dance to their tune, this will be an annual event for us!

If that was his philosophy, we wouldn't have left LSU. They were set to make him the highest paid coach in college and he would have had the job for life, or however long he wanted it.

Take this fwiw from an LSU fan.

He said he didn't want to leave BR. He said Terry was happy here and that the Mrs. was the boss. He said he loved college more than overpaid whiners.

Nick Saban is a liar. I wouldn't believe anything he says publicly. I hope he stays in Miami b/c his LSU replacement isn't worth a crap and I really don't want him back in the SEC much less in the West division. For him to even consider coming back in the same conference is a real stab in the back (even worse than announcing he would take the Miami job on Christmas Day after saying he would be staying on Christmas Eve). :mad:

Good luck!

Geaux Saints, maybe they'll be playing in Miami in a few weeks. Maybe Huizenga should have hired Sean Payton.

Please. I'm an LSU alum and everyone, with the exception of the hopelessly deluded, knew that he eventually wanted to go be a head coach in the NFL and test his skills at the top level and that all he was waiting for was the right organization, and for that franchise to give him full control. As soon as he won the title, we knew it was a done deal within 2 years...if he wouldn't have left after the 2004 season, he would have left after 2005. But, since he brought us the title, nobody had any bitterness. The timing of his announcement sucked, but since LSU was playing in the Capitol One Bowl (a secondary tier one), the "distraction" it caused didn't bother most fans much.

Nobody thought that his destiny was to be LSU's version of Bear Bryant or Bobby Bowden.

Back
Top Bottom