Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not feeling the greatest right now, but I had to share this. Chris Mortensen just said we should know one way or another by Tuesday at the latest on Nick's decision. NFL Network was saying the Alabama is offering Nick a lot more money then he is making in Miami. We shall see brothers and sisters.:wink:

all due respect to big mort, but i already know whats up with nick.. he said hes NOT going to alabama...and thats that...

othewise he is a liar... and on track track to challange larry brown for job hopper class 2a status..

Why doesn't Alabama they look at Mike Shula. I heard he's available.

Thanks for merging, but this is a new article that they just put out. Not the same old info.

A current Alabama assistant told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach on Sunday morning that former coach Mike Shula's staff expects Saban to be named the Crimson Tide's new coach sometime this week.
"He's going to clean house here, top to bottom," the coach said.

They just said on CBS that Saban declined comment before the game about the bama job. This is not looking good.

I hope he stays, but he I think its definately a possiblility that he leaves. I mean the coaching staff in place expects him to be hired this week sometime? and come in and clean house? I mean for Christ's sake he is our coach, WTF isn't this some sort of tampering or something ( I know there isn't). I know its the media has something to do with a lot of this, but this has been smoldering for a while. I know what he has said as well, but can you really believe him or any coach for that matter?? Remember Tommy Turberville, he said he would only leave Ole Miss in a pine box, the next day or so he is at a podium at Auburn.
I hope he stays, but if not bring on an offense coach, fire Mularkey and we'll kick a** next year with or without him.

Talking to an agent is not contract tampering, all coaching searches and hires always happen while the current coach is under contract.

Why does ESPN keep citing the palm beach post? And why would an Alabama assistant know anything about their coaching search? I dont think their AD is that stupid.

A current Alabama assistant told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach on Sunday morning that former coach Mike Shula's staff expects Saban to be named the Crimson Tide's new coach sometime this week.
"He's going to clean house here, top to bottom," the coach said.

LMAO!!

You guys are going to get a headache. This, and everything else you posted is nothing more than Alabama wanting it to get in the media.

If I were WH I would fire Nick right now for letting it get this far. That and the fact that he's done nothing worth 5 million a year here........

well, bye nick, don't let the door hit ya on the arse

LMAO!!

You guys are going to get a headache. This, and everything else you posted is nothing more than Alabama wanting it to get in the media.

If I were WH I would fire Nick right now for letting it get this far. That and the fact that he's done nothing worth 5 million a year here........

I agree, if I were WH I may not be too happy now either. They supposedly have spoken, but this story just seems to smolder. Media creation? maybe? but I think there is some mutual interest there, but what do I know.

The whole thing is just frustrating because if he does indeed leave, it will set us back a little with a new coach etc... coming in.

Merged: Tide reportedly ready to make serious run at Saban-Espn.com

I know that it's been beaten like a dead horse, but I was just watching the Hurricanes game and on the bottom of the screen it says something to the effect of "Alabama ready to offer Saban a contract". I know people are saying he'll stay....but I for one think the man is good as gone

Back
Top Bottom