Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How bad will our team look when Nick signs with Bama for less money?? I still cannot believe that a college would pay that much for a head coach. Figures are being reported anywhere from 30 mil to 60 mil for 10 years. I could see bama paying him 3.5 but nothing more IMO.

If he does leave, Wayne needs to hire a strong GM type and let him hire the next coach, perferrably an offensive minded head coach.

I'm all over this strategy, but I have this fear Wayne will likely call Capers and ask him if he wants the whole enchileda. That's what he did last time he had a coach bail on him...

ESPN and everyone else just cant let stuff die because they dont like egg on thier face

I'm all over this strategy, but I have this fear Wayne will likely call Capers and ask him if he wants the whole enchileda. That's what he did last time he had a coach bail on him...

I hope not, its time that we get a strong GM type in here to call the shots on personnel and let him hire the coach. I think thats partly why this franchise has struggled lately, too much control for the head coach. Not enough good decisions on the personnel side of things.

Its amazing people on here still think because he was FORCED to say he would not take the alabama job a whole week ago, that it would be out of the question for a coach to change his mind? Surely that has never happened before? If Wayne extends or raises his contract I will be upset, he has done NOTHING to warrant an extension/raise. He either wants to coach college or he wants to stay and coach the NFL, I think that is what Nick needs to decide.

I hope not, its time that we get a strong GM type in here to call the shots on personnel and let him hire the coach. I think thats partly why this franchise has struggled lately, too much control for the head coach. Not enough good decisions on the personnel side of things.

Tell me about it. If you look at our drafts, one thing will stand out: the one year in the recent past we had a GM calling the shots, we traded around in the draft and got some nice value (even with the highway robbery by Minnesota). My biggest disappointment in Nick the GM is the lack of draft day movement.

Tell me about it. If you look at our drafts, one thing will stand out: the one year in the recent past we had a GM calling the shots, we traded around in the draft and got some nice value (even with the highway robbery by Minnesota). My biggest disappointment in Nick the GM is the lack of draft day movement.

No doubt, he is way over his head when it comes to the personnel side of things. Most coaches are. Seattle didn't start to become good until Holmgren got stripped of his GM duties.

Well, according to ESPN's "sources"....

1 Saban is going to Bama
2 Off. Coordinator Dirk Koetter is going to the U of Miami

We'll see if they know anything in the next couple of days, won't we?

No I think he meant doom and gloomers. Being pessimistic has nothing to do with reality. Just as being optimistic has nothing to do with reality.

No, he may think he means pessimists, but the people he's talking about are realists. He (and apparently you, although I don't know for sure) just don't want to accept the fact that our immediate future doesn't look that great.

No, he may think he means pessimists, but the people he's talking about are realists. He (and apparently you, although I don't know for sure) just don't want to accept the fact that our immediate future doesn't look that great.

Realist according to whom?
Speculation is speculation any way you try to dress it up.

My vote is no.

Nick looked frustrated on the sideline. It wasn't IMO the look of a quitter, but, of someone who was determined to succeed.

Maybe Nick doesn't want to clean up Dave's mess. If we get someone new puh-leeze no more of that "TOTAL CONTROL" crap.

Back
Top Bottom