Saban vs. Cameron | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban vs. Cameron

SabanHater

***** in the House!
Reaction score
Even though it's early in training camp I'm hearing a lot of the players perfer Cameron's style of coaching vs. Saban's. For the last two seasons you didn't hear players bashing on Saban's coaching style, in fact, they pretty much welcomed it since that firey attitude has been missing around here for years.

I know Roth, Wilkenson, Crowder, and a few others are happy with the change.

Here's a section from the Herald:

Just three days into training camp under new coach Cam Cameron, some of the Dolphins already have seen a difference between Cameron and last year's coach.
''[Former Dolphins coach Nick] Saban is more of a cuss-you-out guy,'' linebacker Channing Crowder said. ``You mess up once, get cussed out and it kind of takes your spirits away. Cam will come out there and if you mess up he'll say a little something to you not to knock you down, but to inspire you so you can enjoy yourself, play loose and have a good time. At this level you know when you messed up, if you didn't know when you messed up you wouldn't be here.''
Said Daniels, who played for Saban at LSU: ``One of the biggest differences is [defensive coordinator Dom] Capers. He's more like coaching, instead of just riding you if you make a mistake. Coach Capers will actually take time out to tell you why the situation happened, and he'll back it up on the film and he'll give you examples. Coach Saban was more on the stern side, and he'd get up all in your face if you make a mistake. I love the new approach.''

Back
Top Bottom