Saban............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban.............

ASCII

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
After this weeks game, I must say I am impressed with Nick Saban's judgement of players. Saban's draft picks, overall, are doing a great job, and I expect to see them improve even more come next year. Also, Saban called Chambers a decent reciever. Now at first I thought CC was a great receiver however, the more the season progressives, the more he looks like a decent reciever. He said we have a good quarterback. Gus threw for 360 yards, best in the league this week, and a 83.64 passer rating. I, by no means, believe Gus is the future quarterback of this team, just merely stating that if another quarterback had this outing I'ld be impressed. The other thing that is impressive about Coach Saban, is that he realizes he is a rookie coach, and knows nothing about running an offense. I believe Coach Saban is going to make some changes in the offseason with his offense. Not the coach, but the players. I expect him to bring the high flying guys, that will work with Linehans offense. Lastly, I've pretty much have lost the little voice in my head saying, "Maybe we can make the playoffs", and would like to see some other players get a chance. I believe in the upcoming weeks, we may see a qb change, but we will definetly see some backups in, at different spots in the game.

BTW CONGRATS TO ME ON MY 1000th POST!!! :D :banana: :mdfin: :cpatch:

Crowder is the one impressing me the most he plays very well he had a chance to learn from 2 of the greatest (SEAU THOMAS)

Roth I believe will be solid but not the beast I expected him to be (I confess after I saw the film thingy on him I was as high on him as someone who just snerked a line)

Ronnie is Ronnie nothing to say there... Daniels is playing decent but he seems a bit slow

Vickerson was very good until the injury and Alabi is a promising young athlete

Manny wright was a great pickup and he can be a dominator with his athletic ability

Ricky Brown said:
After this weeks game, I must say I am impressed with Nick Saban's judgement of players. Saban's draft picks, overall, are doing a great job, and I expect to see them improve even more come next year. Also, Saban called Chambers a decent reciever. Now at first I thought CC was a great receiver however, the more the season progressives, the more he looks like a decent reciever. He said we have a good quarterback. Gus threw for 360 yards, best in the league this week, and a 83.64 passer rating. I, by no means, believe Gus is the future quarterback of this team, just merely stating that if another quarterback had this outing I'ld be impressed. The other thing that is impressive about Coach Saban, is that he realizes he is a rookie coach, and knows nothing about running an offense. I believe Coach Saban is going to make some changes in the offseason with his offense. Not the coach, but the players. I expect him to bring the high flying guys, that will work with Linehans offense. Lastly, I've pretty much have lost the little voice in my head saying, "Maybe we can make the playoffs", and would like to see some other players get a chance. I believe in the upcoming weeks, we may see a qb change, but we will definetly see some backups in, at different spots in the game.

BTW CONGRATS TO ME ON MY 1000th POST!!! :D :banana: :mdfin: :cpatch:

Great Post! I was about to write one myself entitled "Sabans first year", and that is what it is. I am still jazzed that we have a guy who teaches as opposed to following the herd. His draft picks are excellent and he will see our weaknesses and address them. People will attach Gus to Saban but he understands who Gus is. It is all within the context of the first year and what will transpire next year. The defense will be much more in tune with what is happening in the offseason. Those people calling for trades of people like madison, JT, Zach are just crazy. Saban will just wear down there contracts and will stick until this team is truly Sabans. His second year guys will then teach the new rookies and so forth and our rookies will actually stick cus he will specifically pick guys to his style and he knows the college ranks very well.

I am just going to enjoy the rest of the season and stop blaming people other than pointing out obvious stuff that needs correcting. I always give credit where it is do. I think Linehan needs to stop the "cutsie" crap and just pass downfield and run the ball with authority when the run game is hot! I think another Saban draft, getting a guy like David Carr, and I would not be opposed to getting TO this year on a trial basis. I think next year, we will still see weakness early on, but as the season progresses, we will dominate.

finfan54 said:
Great Post! I was about to write one myself entitled "Sabans first year", and that is what it is. I am still jazzed that we have a guy who teaches as opposed to following the herd. His draft picks are excellent and he will see our weaknesses and address them. People will attach Gus to Saban but he understands who Gus is. It is all within the context of the first year and what will transpire next year. The defense will be much more in tune with what is happening in the offseason. Those people calling for trades of people like madison, JT, Zach are just crazy. Saban will just wear down there contracts and will stick until this team is truly Sabans. His second year guys will then teach the new rookies and so forth and our rookies will actually stick cus he will specifically pick guys to his style and he knows the college ranks very well.

I am just going to enjoy the rest of the season and stop blaming people other than pointing out obvious stuff that needs correcting. I always give credit where it is do. I think Linehan needs to stop the "cutsie" crap and just pass downfield and run the ball with authority when the run game is hot! I think another Saban draft, getting a guy like David Carr, and I would not be opposed to getting TO this year on a trial basis. I think next year, we will still see weakness early on, but as the season progresses, we will dominate.

I agree, I think TO, if brought in, should be a trial thing. Overall I am just excited about the years to come under the Saban regime!!

Back
Top Bottom