Sacks vs Pressures? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sacks vs Pressures?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people, forum and media, talk about sacks but few about overall pressure (for and against) including hits and hurries. Sacks are almost always the bigger play but, hits and hurries are extremely important as well.

For example, Buff has 38 sacks, 34 hit, and 8 hurries. Miami has 3 sacks, 32 hits, and 120 hurries. Most have Buff better because of the sacks but, the hurries does balance the two as close to even. JMO

How many here go by sacks vs overall pressure?

* Stats listed are from PFF, who does not use half sacks.

Some of our pressures have caused the QB to throw an Interception. To me this is a bigger play than the sack.

A sack can come on 1st or 2nd down and then the team can convert 3rd down and the sack means nothing.

Some of our pressures have caused the QB to throw an Interception. To me this is a bigger play than the sack.

A sack can come on 1st or 2nd down and then the team can convert 3rd down and the sack means nothing.

Very true, and some of the hits are more damaging to a QB, as he is getting hit on follow trough's while passing, and more vulnerable to getting hurt.

Back
Top Bottom