Saints-Pats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints-Pats

phinfan13

Active Roster
Reaction score
Very poor clock management by the Saints at the end.

wow... what a way for the turds saints to lose that game

hats off to T. Brady and his ability to lead a team to victory (even though he almost single-handedly ****ed it up)

wow... what a way for the turds saints to lose that game

hats off to T. Brady and his ability to lead a team to victory (even though he almost single-handedly ****ed it up)

Yeah, well we're not taking the division from the Pats this year. That said, at least the ****ing Ravens lost, I hate those ****ers almost as much as a division rival so maybe we have a shot at wrangling a wildcard.

This win by the Pats will be a spark for them. Now with Gronk coming back in the next week or two, we can forget about winning the AFC East this year.

This is a huge punch to the stomach fro us now. They lost the game. The Saints won, it was over. Done. Finished. And the Saints choked like nothing I've seen and now NE has huge momentum. They will easily beat the Jets and be rolling 6-1 when we come to town. Awful, just ****ing pathetic really.

We're going to be fighting Baltimore, Cleveland and maybe Tenn. for one wildcard spot. We had the chance to really put the Ravens out of competition with us last week but blew it.

I love how this one win for the Pats has all of a sudden put us in a wild card spot. Until we play the Pats and lose, nothing is set in stone.

I think I have to watch the Dolphins games exclusively and need to stop watching all the other football games. Again and again watching other teams play leave me so frustrated.

- The New England Patriots
They lose their five best receiving weapons from last year to the Broncos (Welker), to injury (Gronkowski), to jail (Hernandez), to the street (Lloyd) and I don't remember the 5th. They sign an injury prone poor man's Wes Welker (Amendola), draft two receivers (Dobson, Thompson) and play someone at TE I can't even recall his name. They lose the best NT in football for the season. Drew Brees comes to town - undefeated so far. Drew who? During the game the Patriots lose their best CB and their best LB. Where's the problem? They still pull out a win.

While each and every single loss of the above mentioned players would have doomed the Dolphins' season, the Patriots seem unaffected. It seems they can just plug in anybody at the receiver position and it works out. Did you see how open even the rookie receivers were? It makes throwing to them a lot easier. I don't understand how their rookie receivers can get more separation than our 60-million-dollar-man or our 1.000-yard-receiver from last year. I have not seen a Dolphins receiver that wide open in years. Frustrating.

- Which brings me to the mighty Buffalo Bills

They started the season with a rookie QB and almost beat the New England Patriots. After a few weeks their rookie QB goes down, so they activate a QB from their practice squad. Of couse, being down two touchdowns in the 2nd half to the Bengals, whose defense held Tom Brady and the Patriots to 6 points and without a TD the week before, Thad Lewis leads a comeback to send the game into overtime. Why the face? Can you imagine the Dolphins inserting Pat Devlin and forcing overtime against the Bengals? Frustrating.

- Let's not forget about the Referees
There've been some frustrating calls in the 2013 games so far. I will just list the two must frustrating ones but they support my theory that some teams get the benefit of the doubt from the referees while other teams do not.

1) Saints at Patriots, Saints have 4th and 1 at around the Patriots 45 in the 1st half and try to make the Patriots jump offsides. It works! A defensive lineman jumps into the neutral zone which causes a Saints offensive lineman to flinch. Neutral zone infraction, 1st down Saints, no-brainer. Not so fast! Here comes the officiating crew: It's the Patriots, they can impossibly make such a mistake! It must have been a false start! 4th and 6, Punt. The Saints give up good field position instead of a first down and in a 3-point game such a call might very well be the difference.

2) Falcons at Dolphins, Falcons have a 3rd and long. Matt Ryan passes to Roddy White just past the 1st down marker. The pass is low, White makes an effort to catch it, falls on it. When he gets up, the ball lies on the ground. Incomplete pass, 4th down. Not so fast! Here comes the officiating crew: It's the Falcons and their QB and their receivers are just that good, he must have caught that ball! If Joe Philbin doesn't challenge, the Falcons have first down. After a pass play where the receiver doesn't even get up with the ball. Why the face?

So much for my rant. I just had to let it go to make it through the week a little easier.

I wouldn't hand the Division to the Pats just yet. They pulled a game out of their rears that they had no business winning with a lot of help from the Saints and refs. True they have the upper hand to win the division but still a lot of Season left and so many things can happen.

The bottom line for me is that I will continue to assume this division belongs to the Patriots until Miami goes out there and beats them in two weeks.

Win that game, we'll talk.

Until New England loses games like they didn't do against the Saints, they will always be 12-4 or better. Once their luck runs out then Miami has a shot. Until then? Battling with numerous other teams for a WC spot.

Yawn.

It is what it is. They have one of the best QBs in the history of this game. Until Brady either retires or his level of play starts to decline due to age, the AFC East is going to be difficult to take from them. Impossible? No, but extremely difficult.

That was quite a hold that somehow got missed. (I'm just saying refs are human and make mistakes, but yeesh).

atmTsjN-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom