Saints receivers vs. Fins receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints receivers vs. Fins receivers

Scott Andrew

Starter
Reaction score
ok, so I am at work right now so I don't have time to look everything up but what's the comparison here? Maybe Drew thinks the Saints have a better receiving core???

So Chris Chambers vs. Joe Horn, Marty Booker vs. Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker vs. Az Hakim

As for TE I already know there is no comparison between McMichael and Hilton so that doesn't need to be discussed

That's a good topic...

Chambers / Booker vs Horn / Stallworth = PUSH

The TE position is pretty even as well. Don't they have Boo Williams?? He's a solid player. The x-factor is the OL, where Miami has a nice advantage right now. The Saints just lost their cornerstone in Bentley....

The skill positions on our offenses are pretty equal, but when you factor in the OL, we come out ahead....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Scott Andrew said:
ok, so I am at work right now so I don't have time to look everything up but what's the comparison here? Maybe Drew thinks the Saints have a better receiving core???

So Chris Chambers vs. Joe Horn, Marty Booker vs. Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker vs. Az Hakim

As for TE I already know there is no comparison between McMichael and Hilton so that doesn't need to be discussed
Ronnie Brown is a whole lot closer to LT than Duece as far as recieving goes and Drew seemed to hit his TE and RB a lot in Diego...... and Chambers > than all of the Saints recievers.

joe horn is so incredibly underrated, if he was a dolphin everyone on this board would **** their pants over him, but because he isnt, chambers is pretty much better than everyone (according to this board).

and you forget the saints got rid of ricky cuz t hey had deuce? we have had ronnie for 1 season and he is already closer to LT than deuce is? lol what a joke. deuce was really good all around, and he got injured, no one knows if he will recover fully but then again, no one knows **** about ronnie yet.

i'd say our WR+TE's are slightly better than theirs, not even a noticeable difference.

How many Pro bowls has Chambers, Brown and Booker been too?
Horn- 5 pro Bowls
Stallworth- No but he had around 1000 yards and 7 TD's for a #2 WR thats decent.
Deuce-2 or 3 Pro Bowls I think
No comparison on the tight end like you said.

The Saints' biggest problem on offense was Aaron Brooks, which is why when people suggested that he might go over to you guys on the Saints board, I busted out laughing. Nick would have him curled up in a ball crying his eyes out on the sidelines by the first halftime of the first game.

Brooks can't throw a touch pass. Can't throw a screen pass. Can't fake anyone out. He stares down receivers. He doesn't pay attention in the film room and on the sidelines. The only thing he's got in his arsenal is an absolute bullet that will land low and behind his receivers most of the time, forcing them to come to a dead stop to catch the ball. If the offense simply had a QB who could make all the throws and throw on a timing route every once in a while, it'd open up the offense like crazy.

Horn had a hamstring injury last season that never really healed completely because of the horrible training facility conditions they had in San Antonio. He's normally good for about 1100 yards. Stallworth is good for about 700. Michael Lewis was hurt last season, which is why they signed Hakim. We've got some young guys like Devery Henderson who are really talented who have never been used well. We've got another guy with a zombie knee who apparently is great if he can ever see the field. Hilton is 6'8" and was never really used until the 2nd half of last season. The Saints have offensive talent and defensive talent... they've just had stupid coaches. Why else would Haslett have kept Venturi for all those years.

I'll play along. My love for the Dolphins is a 10 out of 10. The Saints are my second favorite team in the league at a 6 out of 10. I've watched more Saints games than almost any Dolphins fan.

Chambers vs. Horn - Interesting matchup here. One guy is blossoming, the other is still playing at a high level, but is sure to drop off soon. For 2006, gimme Horn. Chambers drops too many damn passes. For 2006 and beyond, gimme Chambers.

Booker vs. Stallworth - No contest. Booker. Stallworth has flirted with greatness, but he's never shown he can consistently get open. Booker silently gets it done.

Az-Hakim vs. Welker - I'll take Welker. Az is living off his Rams rep. Welker is lightning in a bottle. Welker is 5 years younger too.

Bookers stats last season?

just over 600 yards and 3 Tds

Stallworth?

945 yards and 7 Td's

Plus Booker is older, If you like Chambers because Horn is older then stick by your own rules

Chambers vs. Horn

Edge goes to Chambers.

Booker vs. Stallworth
Stallworth is just coming into his own and has far superior skills. Stallworth by a wide margin.

McMichael is much better at TE than anything NO has.

Az Hakim>Welker

Aside from QB, I'd say we're pretty even on offense.

zeke0123 said:
Ronnie Brown is a whole lot closer to LT than Duece as far as recieving goes and Drew seemed to hit his TE and RB a lot in Diego...... and Chambers > than all of the Saints recievers.

Deuce is at least as good as Ronnie Brown receiving out of the backfield. Even when swapping out with a 3rd down back, Deuce averaged almost 50 receptions a season in the full seasons he played (1st year he didn't play much at all and last year he was hurt).

Give him an intelligent QB, and he could easily average 60-70 a season.

I love Duece. He is the man. However, he is the man coming off an ACL.

We still don't know what Ronnie Brown can do with 20-25 carries per game. Or if he can handle 20-25 carries per game.

As for Booker, 686 yards, 3 TD, 39 catches.

JoeNamathSucked said:
McMichael is much better at TE than anything NO has.

I like McMichael alot, but if you compare 2005 stats, not that drastic a difference:

McMichael: 60 rec, 582 yds, 5 TDs
Conwell/Hilton: 50 rec, 561 yds, 2 TDs

I'm going to go ahead and say that Joe Horn and Donte Stallworth or as good if not a little better than Chambers and Booker. Booker is just a a few years out of having had three 1000 yard seasons and a 100 reception year and Chambers had a phenomenal year last year, but Joe Horn at his best is a top flight receiver and Stallworth definitely has great ability. I'd definitely call it a push. Here's my problem with both sets. Chambers still drops too many passes, when he's on he's a game changer and I think he'll be one of the best in the league, but he's not consistent enough. On the other side, the Saints had inflated numbers last year and actually usually both years. They're a bad team, they play from behind a lot. When you play from behind you throw the ball more. Of course Stallworth had good stats. It's a push.

Hakim vs. Welker/Campbell (I don't know what his status is, I thought we had a deal with him but I've heard nothing since) is also pretty close. They're both return guys who can play some wideout. Hakim drops a lot of balls and I think Welker and Campbell are better receivers. I'd say there's a slight edge to Miami.

Deuce vs. Ricky/Ronny- If Ricky comes back this isn't even close. Hands down Ricky Williams is a better back than Deuce. When both are at their best Ricky is probably top three in the league and Deuce, while top tier, isn't close. If Ricky does indeed miss the year then it gets interesting. Remember Deuce tore up his knee last year, so he's not going to be full strength. I don't know what Ronnie can do but I do know thath he's healthy. It usually takes a back two years to come back from an injury like Deuce had, edge Miami.

Lines- Miami. No question.

Coaches- Miami.

Location- Miami.

Back
Top Bottom