Salary cap 101: Why the Miami Dolphins only need $2.36 million in salary cap space to | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary cap 101: Why the Miami Dolphins only need $2.36 million in salary cap space to

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
"
Free agency is essentially complete and the Dolphins’ roster is mostly set for 2012, but one question I still hear a lot is, “How much salary cap space do the Dolphins need to sign their rookie class? Do they have to cut or restructure any guys to fit their rookies under the cap?”In short, the answer is “no.” But it’s a complicated subject, so we’ll do our best to explain it in plain English today.Last week it was announced that the Dolphins will have exactly $6.438 million in salary cap space for its rookie class. And indeed, when the regular season begins, the Dolphins will have approximately $6.438 million worth of cap space represented by the rookies (a late-round player may not make the team).But during the offseason, the Dolphins, who currently are $5.49 million under the salary cap after giving Cameron Wake his contract extension, don’t need to get to $6.438 million to sign the rookie class. Instead, the Dolphins’ rookie class will only add $2.36 million to the salary cap’s bottom line.How? First, quick background:"

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-salary-cap-space-to-sign-their-rookie-class/

We have enough, that is all that matters.............:up:

I always go to the online newspapers first and I read this story.

I tend to hate toolbars but I do use the one from Phinfever 100's of times a day. It saves me 100's of bookmarks, you should all check it out, you do not have to go to the site and I always refuse any add ons, http://phinfevercom.ourtoolbar.com/

Anyway, this new agreement is a Sea Change in signing rookies and the reason that players with the huge old contracts like Jake Long are a thing of the past. It has made building though the draft that much more important and a smarter way of putting together a team. Also, it had made trading up in the draft much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom