Salary Cap and Player Franchise Tag Numbers Officially Set | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap and Player Franchise Tag Numbers Officially Set

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Lists the amount each player would cost Miami, plus a few other facts..

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/salary-cap-and-franchise-tag-numbers-officially-set

Quarterback: $14,896,000 (Matt Moore)

Running Back: $8,219,000 (Reggie Bush)

Wide Receiver: $10,537,000 (Brian Hartline)

Tight End: $6,066,000 (Anthony Fasano)

Offensive Lineman: $9,828,000 (Nate Garner, Jake Long*)

Defensive Tackle: $8,450,000 (Tony McDaniel, Randy Starks)

Defensive End: $11,175,000

Linebacker: $9,619,000

Cornerback: $10,854,000 (Sean Smith)

Safety: $6,916,000 (Chris Clemons, Tyrone Culver)

Those are not absolutely horrible numbers for either Jake or Randy

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I think if they could actually tag Long for $9.8 million, they would do it

Easier to get a DT in this draft than a LT.

I would tag Long. One year, gone or re-upped his career. Problem solved with yeatman getting one more year to develope.

I would tag Long. One year, gone or re-upped his career. Problem solved with yeatman getting one more year to develope.
Long is eligible to recieve 120% of his 2012 salary which would put his number north of $15 million. I don't think that is happening

Starks was half, if not more, of the reason why Miami had a stout defensive 4 against the run. He was also great, for a DT, at rushing the QB. He didn't keep up the great performances in the latter part of the season but he is worth keeping over Long, who is only valued based on reputation at this point. Tag Starks and draft or sign a decent RT, which shouldn't be hard based on the possible FAs and rookies that will be available.

Back
Top Bottom