McKnight 2.1
Thompson 2.1
Madison 8
Marion 2.1
Dixon .9
Tim Bowens 4.6
======
29.8 freed up

Olindo 2.5 take 1mill off 1.5 (savings of 1)

30.8 total savings to be allocated to new players. Then add in the increase in allowable cap room up to 79mill from 75 mill and we now have roughly 35mill of free cap space.

We could keep SM if he took a paycut and Mare needs to adjust his 'highest paid kicker' thinking if he isn't the best kicker and has been declining the past 2 seasons.

I think we'll be able to keep O-gun and SM and..............how much money did we need for Manning, a couple good draft receivers, and a couple O-line guys?

Originally posted by jbond
Griese 7
Ruddy 3
McKnight 2.1
Thompson 2.1
Madison 8
Marion 2.1
Dixon .9
Tim Bowens 4.6
======
29.8 freed up

Olindo 2.5 take 1mill off 1.5 (savings of 1)

30.8 total savings to be allocated to new players. Then add in the increase in allowable cap room up to 79mill from 75 mill and we now have roughly 35mill of free cap space.

We could keep SM if he took a paycut and Mare needs to adjust his 'highest paid kicker' thinking if he isn't the best kicker and has been declining the past 2 seasons.

I think we'll be able to keep O-gun and SM and..............how much money did we need for Manning, a couple good draft receivers, and a couple O-line guys?

We aren't going to leave Dixion. Tim Bowens wants to take a paycut to stay. Zach, Sam Madison, and JT will be asked to take a paycut.

PS- Get rid of the thought of Peyton. Isn't going to happen.

Aren't you forgetting that the 2004 salaries you are using are inflated from 2003 and, therefore, put us over the cap rather than just under? Last I heard, the Phins are roughly $17 mil over for next season. Does anyone have any info on that?

Bowens has publicly said he will take a paycut to stay and help the team win. I don't think you get rid of a player with heart like that . . . nevermind the fact that he is a HUGE part of why our D is so good. I like Zgonina a lot, but he and Chester cannot replace TBow.

I've heard lots and lots of talk about getting rid of Marion. Who would replace him? We have Knight, but Freeman is also going to be a free agent . . . and I don't know if I would even be comfortable with signing him to replace Marion.

I am all for getting rid of Madison. He always seems to be the one getting burned or being called for pass interference. He is still a great corner though and could be a #1 on plenty of teams in the league if you ask me. What do you think his trade value would be considering his contract?

You left out the Fiedler situation as well. He will be making way too much money to backup Manning (if we were to even get him). Something will have to be done with his contract.

I'm not a cap genius, but if we play our cards right we should have enough money to re-up the offense(of course through the draft as well). I think Madison will cut that $8m in half, and Timbo would do anything to come back. It's all speculation right now.

we are projected to be over the cap $17mill next year....using next years numbers, and those figures were before the news (i believe) that the cap would increase to 79mill (roughly). The salaries listed, are what the players are supposed to earn next year. Of course they are 'inflated' from this year which is why our cap space was ok this year and next year we will be 'over' it.

I am only forgetting Fiedler in the sense that his contract will be worked down so it should save another 1-2 mill as well (which would be nicely allocated to Ogun).

The Manning thing.....would be extremely nice.....but so would winning the lottery. It was meant as a realistic joke.....we could win the lottery but I don't get my hopes up.

I would like to see madison take a pay cut (or leave, his penalties are outrageous as they happen almost every game....gaing some self-control for $8mill would ya, lol) and also see timbo get his increase in pay.....but not as much as is listed.

Dixon, if he doesn't retire, won't be on the roster next year, although his cap figures may still be counted towards us.

Zach always takes a paycut while others (Mare etc.) have not wanted to which isn't fair to him and he deserves better.

I'm not saying that we will be left with 35mill in cap space after keeping 1 or 2 of the above....but that is a GOOD amount of money to work with for next year for signing a few key spots in the offseason.

I just thought it was a good link.....you all can pick and choose who you would keep (hypothetically) and what you think we would have left. I hope it is enough to get the right offense together and keep our defense together.

cool, thanks muck. I usually just skim through the top forum links on the homepage and haven't gotten through looking around the whole site yet. One of my favorite places on the net though :)

Do that. We're pretty indepth. :)

it is starting to appear so. i generally hit phins.com for their newslinks and here for chatting with all you nice folks :) as well as reading your analysis' etc. under the news section. These are really the only 2 I check on a daily basis.

Thanks again.

That $17 million figure was first reported by the Miami Herald 10/08/03 and includes :

Between incentives and the tenders for restricted free agents and exclusive-rights players, the Dolphins are expected to be about $17 million over the cap going into the offseason.

Not all the RFA and ERFA are going to be tendered. Not to mention offers are not charged to the cap til offered.

Hey Muck one question. Where you have listed each player's savings if cut. Does it include the dead cap.

For example when Griese is cut is his cap savings $6,272,000 or is it 5,772,000(the savings minus the dead cap, or did you already include that)?

Go to the Salary Cap Forum and read Clump's post. That should do the trick. He will add more and more and will have a salary cap article in the next few days as well.

As for the cap chart, I only design and maintain the page/enter the data. Clumpy comes up with all the numbers and knows the rules and details. I honestly don't know alot about the cap and how it works. Really don't have that much interest in learning either. I hate math and numbers. :tongue:

As long as we have the final info (the figures themselves), I'm happy. :)

Butthead, what's 2 + 2? Uhhhh.............w?

Read the column for Cap Savings before 6/1 and will give ya the answer Jaj

ESPN mentioned that four players take up half our cap, with numbers ranging from 7.8 to 8.3 against the cap. I think it was Thomas, Surtain, Madison, and Taylor, and they hinted that it was probable that one of them (they thought Madison) would be sacrificed.

Is this correct according to the numbers you've got?

Back
Top Bottom