Salary Cap! Where are we? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap! Where are we?

OG54

Starter
Reaction score
:dolphins: So far we have only restructured the contract of one player to my knowledge (Kevin Carter) and as of right now the last free agent signed was Kelly Campbell, so how much money do we have left to possibly sign any free agents, whether it be Arrington, Peterson or whomever? I did read that both Zach and JT are willing to restructure to help the team, which I am sure helps the team in the short term. :dolphins:

This question has been floating around the boards for quite some time. Seeing as we are meeting with JP soon, I'd imagine we have enough room to sign one more big FA.

Although, it would be nice to know where we are. We also need to sign a backup QB, although I imagine that will have little effect on the cap.

Maybe Saban and Co have talked to JT and Zach about the restructure and have all the numbers worked out but have advised that they will only need to do it if they can sign either L.A. or J.P.

We're about 8 million under at this point....if we get Lavar or JP then that should be it for us for now....we'll probably add a player or 2 after the june cuts for the vet minimun....also, we need to get a back up QB but it'd probably be back loaded with incentives on playing time in case Pep's not ready for the opener.....the rest of the money is for the draft and for the season in case someone goes down.

Ozzy rules!!

yes, i looked at that also. it says we are 8 mil under but it did not include 4 of the new players we signed, so if i had to guess, i say we are about 4 million under with no one restructuring or cuts. We may cut or restructure olindo mare. And as I previously stated we may restructure zach and/or JT. We also have to remember that we need some cash to sign our draft picks as well and then a reserve for any injuries that may force us to sign someone else.

Danny said:
We're about 8 million under at this point....if we get Lavar or JP then that should be it for us for now....we'll probably add a player or 2 after the june cuts for the vet minimun....also, we need to get a back up QB but it'd probably be back loaded with incentives on playing time in case Pep's not ready for the opener.....the rest of the money is for the draft and for the season in case someone goes down.

Ozzy rules!!

That was 8 before peelle, campbell and allen so it is much less now you will see the abscence of money figures by there names.

If we sign either of those two then we will cut Mare and restructure JT/Zach to pay for their new partner in killing QB's.

That shows us at about 92 million, doesn't count the last 3 signings, so before those three , we were aprrox 10 mill below the cap, Does anyone know the specs on

Allen
Hill
Peele

if you do then subtract that from 10 mil, and then you have our remaining $.

I agree that we will try to get 1 more lb, and a backup qb and then were just drafting.

Darn good offseason IMO.

I would expect us to go into the draft with 8ish million under, right where we are now. That 8ish covers draft picks signings and injuries during the season. I dont see how we can sign Arrington unless ZT and JT take huge paycuts.

I dont want them to restructure, it just pushes the cap hit further down the line.

The FH cap page does not reflect a $102 million Cap.. I think they have the cap at $92 million.. We should be in good shape..

Back
Top Bottom