Salary Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

finsruleurlife

Starter
Reaction score
Do we have more room to make moves under the cap then we did last year. What players have Saban actually talked about picking up. Do we have a lot of money to get the players we need to get to the playoffs.

If we make the moves we are expected to make, with cuts and restructures, we could be anywhere from $12 million under to even maybe $22 million under. That depends on who gets cut and who agrees to restructure. What would make the number around 22 mill would be if we let go Booker, Madison and Mcintosh. Those are moves still up in the air. We can get to 12 million by simply releaseing Reggie Howard, Tebucky Jones, Junior Seau and Jeff Zgonina. Plus a couple restructures.

PhinFan8589 said:
If we make the moves we are expected to make, with cuts and restructures, we could be anywhere from $12 million under to even maybe $22 million under. That depends on who gets cut and who agrees to restructure. What would make the number around 22 mill would be if we let go Booker, Madison and Mcintosh. Those are moves still up in the air. We can get to 12 million by simply releaseing Reggie Howard, Tebucky Jones, Junior Seau and Jeff Zgonina. Plus a couple restructures.

Thanks for that shag :)

After they sign me it should cut that in half, leaving around 6 mil or so. :D

last year at this time I thought I read somewhere that we were 17mil over the cap compared to 3mil this year. Not sure how true this was and if I can find the link I will post. But we are in much better shape.

PhinFan8589 said:

According to the 2006 salary cap page, we're $8M over the cap. Cutting Booker, Madison, and McIntosh only saves $9M. That puts us $1m under. Cutting Howard, Jones, and Seau saves $9.5M. That puts us $10.5M under. Cutting Frerotte would get us to around $15M under.

What is the going rate for a good #2 WR? I'm wondering if it's worth $3M to cut Booker. Can we get a better WR than Booker for less than that?

On Madison, is it worth the $2M savings to cut him? He's still a pretty solid player. He's not worth the $6.3M we're paying him. But, we're going to pay him $4.4M whether we cut him or not. So, is cutting him, and creating the hole in the secondary, is that worth the $2M in savings. Can we replace Madison for $2M?

dolfanmark said:
According to the 2006 salary cap page, we're $8M over the cap. Cutting Booker, Madison, and McIntosh only saves $9M. That puts us $1m under. Cutting Howard, Jones, and Seau saves $9.5M. That puts us $10.5M under. Cutting Frerotte would get us to around $15M under.

What is the going rate for a good #2 WR? I'm wondering if it's worth $3M to cut Booker. Can we get a better WR than Booker for less than that?

On Madison, is it worth the $2M savings to cut him? He's still a pretty solid player. He's not worth the $6.3M we're paying him. But, we're going to pay him $4.4M whether we cut him or not. So, is cutting him, and creating the hole in the secondary, is that worth the $2M in savings. Can we replace Madison for $2M?

To answer a couple of my own questions. Last year, Baxter, Smoot, and Rolle all got $5M or more per year in free agency. So, for the $2M it would save to cut Madison, we certainly can't get a top guy to replace him.

TJ Houshmanzadeh got about $3.5M per year last year in free agency. So, I'm not sure you can save money on a good #2 WR by cutting Booker, either.

dolfanmark said:
According to the 2006 salary cap page, we're $8M over the cap.

What 2006 salary cap page would that be??? Considering that the 2006 salary cap has not been decided yet that number has to be a guess.

Edit
I see that the Finheaven page was just posted a minute ago.

Back
Top Bottom