Salary Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

PHAZINPHINZPHAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I have been reading post saying that the Season is over which could and most likely is true ( I wont believe it until we have 9 loses) And saying that we will get a top 5 pick. I would like to hear what some of the draft choices you guys would like to make. And also I would like to hear what trades or cap casualties you guys would like to see made due to us having a high draft pick. Because it will most likely cost us a 40+million dollar contract for a top 5 pick (with at least about 20 million guaranteed).

print out our roster rightnow cut out the names wes welker and ronnie brown and the light the paper on fire, that would be a good start.

nolefin said:
print out our roster rightnow cut out the names wes welker and ronnie brown and the light the paper on fire, that would be a good start.
That is over doing it.

nolefin said:

Dude, it's not that bad, your team has great players on it. Saban i think needs to focus on the o-line, your QB has time in the pocket, then he can make good things happen. I was yelling at the tv in the 4th because my Jet's could not get to Joey. I just dont understand why Joey couldnt do that all game, if he did, then the Jet's were toast.

I would blame it on the receivers, i watched alot of dropped passes. You guys have a defense that i would kill to have on the Jet's.

BleedinGreenNC said:
Dude, it's not that bad, your team has great players on it. Saban i think needs to focus on the o-line, your QB has time in the pocket, then he can make good things happen. I was yelling at the tv in the 4th because my Jet's could not get to Joey. I just dont understand why Joey couldnt do that all game, if he did, then the Jet's were toast.

I would blame it on the receivers, i watched alot of dropped passes. You guys have a defense that i would kill to have on the Jet's.

and you guys have an offensive coordinator I would kill for.

PHAZINPHINZPHAN said:
I have been reading post saying that the Season is over which could and most likely is true ( I wont believe it until we have 9 loses) And saying that we will get a top 5 pick. I would like to hear what some of the draft choices you guys would like to make. And also I would like to hear what trades or cap casualties you guys would like to see made due to us having a high draft pick. Because it will most likely cost us a 40+million dollar contract for a top 5 pick (with at least about 20 million guaranteed).

I want to see some youth on the defense and some talent on the O-line. Here some possible cuts/releases/not re-signing.

Marty Booker- Has not done anything since he's been here has a hefty salary.
David Bowens- Not a big salary but we can do better
Travis Minor- Nothing more than a special team player.
Sammy Morris- Crucial fumble and Ricky is coming back. I say we pick up another RB anyway and trade Ricky for a 2nd day pick.
Seth Mckinney- Wouldn't make a difference if he was out there anyway.
L.J.- He sucks as a LT, could be better at guard.
Jeno- Overpaid and underacheiving, bad combo. He is probably our best linemen but not for the salary he's making.

Defense
D.Spragan- Nothing more than average. Not going to be around next year.
V.Holiday- If he was not there we probably would not miss a beat. Need to get youger at that spot anyway.
K.Traylor- Good player but is going to be 38 or 39 next year.
T.Tillman- OOOOOOO boy! This guy blows and needs to go as well.

Undecided on....
Z.T. and J.T.- The heart and soul of the defense. They probably deserve to stay because of all that they have done for the franchise. Personally i think the draft picks that we could get from them are more important than them staying. Great players but were not going anywhere until we rebuild the team.

PhinFan0202 said:
I want to see some youth on the defense and some talent on the O-line. Here some possible cuts/releases/not re-signing.

Sammy Morris- Crucial fumble and Ricky is coming back. I say we pick up another RB anyway and trade Ricky for a 2nd day pick.
Jeno- Overpaid and underacheiving, bad combo. He is probably our best linemen but not for the salary he's making.

Defense
V.Holiday- If he was not there we probably would not miss a beat. Need to get youger at that spot anyway.

Undecided on....
Z.T. and J.T.- The heart and soul of the defense. They probably deserve to stay because of all that they have done for the franchise. Personally i think the draft picks that we could get from them are more important than them staying. Great players but were not going anywhere until we rebuild the team.

You nailed this - right on. I would add that Shelton looks like he may be worth a shot at RG - he is huge there and that would be a big side of the line with Carey and him. We need a whole new left side I agree. I'd add Zgonina to the D - he is wasting playing time for Vickerson and Evans. ZT and JT I love to wtach but the fact is they are carrying huge salaries. We need to get Crowder in the middle and add some size there. Maybe ZT can play OLB for another year but I really think we need to get bigger up the gut. JT is the heart of the D but IMO he doesn't fit our scheme for his salary.

We need to stop drafting DT and start picking up YOUNG DE's. We have 1 - that's ONE young DE to build on and he is not proven yet.

For the money, we CAN'T do better than David Bowens. He would start on a lot of NFL teams.

ZT and JT....keep at least one. And I think I might try out for DB next year. I guess in our system all we have to do is hit the reciever before the ball gets to them or hold them or anything to make the ref toss banana peels on the field

PhinFan0202 said:

Defense

Undecided on....

Excellent post. As sad as it is to see JT and ZT being stuck here competing their hearts out, we can't rebuild with their salaries. We need to redo the left side of the O-line, and we need bigger, more athletic LBers that can blitz, move Crowder to the middle and bring in some youth for the whole front 7 in general.

http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/salaries.php

DISCLAIMER - I Love Zach and JT more than life itself, I have a sweet JT jersey that I wear every sunday.

It might be time for Zach and JT to make a run with another team, as sad as that sounds. The two of them take a big bite out of our cap for a rebuilding team. Zach makes $4,950,000 this year and has a $7,287,000 cap hit. Jt makes $5,250,000 this year and has a $11,339,583 cap hit (ouch!). That's a lot of money we could use elsewhere. Correct my numbers if they are wrong, but the basic idea is the same. Maybe they could restructure and renegotiate their deals to avoid retiring elsewhere, but we need that money. We are gonna be cashstrapped if we don't do something.

PhinFan0202 said:

Defense

Undecided on....

Good post. I think Jeno could take a pay cut, Bowens gives us some depth.
I have a feeling Booker will be traded.

As for Zach and JT, I'd hate to see them go, they have given their all for this team, they always take pay cuts when asked so I don't seee why they wouldn't do it again, also who better to mentor any young guys that we draft along the DL and LB positions.

We hold on to players to long I say it's time to cut our loses and move on.

Jason Taylor should retire a Dolphin. He is still playing like a stud and single handidly keeping us competitive. I'm sorry to say it but its about time to let Zack go though. He is still awesome at stopping the run and sitting back in a little middle zone but he is getting abused in pass coverage and cannot blitz. If the coaching staff is aet on calling all these LB biltzes alll the time we need someone else in there. He is not quick enough to get there or strong enough to plow through the OL men. His play is seriously declining now and I would rather watch him leave as the stud we have always known over keeping him around and watch him deteriate into an all out liability to the team.

And we don't need to keep restructuring their deals. Thats what McNair did for so many years and we all saw how that turned out.

Back
Top Bottom