Salary Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

Csonked Out

Club Member
Reaction score
Currently, we are nearly 16 million over the cap. What changes does everyone see happening to get us under?

I would cut the following players
Thomas
TImmons

I would attempt to trade the following
Pouncey
Landry

Restructure the following contracts
James
Jones
Tannehill (only if completely necessary)
Wake

I am not touching the Suh contract, I believe we have an out after this year and he is on the wrong side of 30. Eat the high cap hit this year and be done with it.

Thomas and Timmons are all but gone already, saves 16 million.

Landry is most likely getting traded so that 16 million comes off the books.

James is either being released or resigned at a lower number.

I’d hate to see Wake go but there doesn’t seem to be enough snaps to go around with Quinn on board and the albatross that is Branch's contract.

I’d hate to see Wake go but there doesn’t seem to be enough snaps to go around with Quinn on board and the albatross that is Branch's contract.
I wouldn't sleep on Branch this year, I actually think he will have a productive season.

Already been reported that Timmons and Thomas are getting cut. Landry may be traded..that’s 32 million.

Not to mention anything else, but honestly I hope they don’t touch anything else, unless a major trade up that requires Tannehill.

Who knows, I just know one thing. Salary Cap is a number that you can manipulate. Don’t worry about it to much.

I wouldn't sleep on Branch this year, I actually think he will have a productive season.

I'm just curious how many snaps Harris, Quinn, and Branch will get
considering they all play the same position?

I doubt they plan on paying over $20+ million on one position
with three part time players

For Pouncey .... we don’t have a bonafide replacement .... you ‘could’ say Brendel .... who isn’t signed yet (ERFA- so he’ll be back). So there has to be a plan .... realistically, there needs to be a plan regardless - since you can’t count on Pouncey anyway. Sooo, we MUST draft a fairly ‘ready’ C. I think we wait until 1 JUN to cut him as a safety net of sorts (pending Draft outcome).

I do believe we will Draft 1 of Wynn, Price, or Daniels (Day 2) (with Ragnow as a fall back on Day 3)

For James .... I think we get a clue quickly with Young. If we resign him, believe we will cut James. Just don’t believe we keep BOTH, and I do believe that James will be cut loose.

Does Landry count against the cap if he has not signed his tender yet? Does it only become effective then or it is effective now?

So before March 14, Timmons, Thomas and James get cut. Easiest way to do it without restructuring

Thomas and Timmons cut don't save us 16 mill. It's more like 11 or 12. Landry is another 16 so that puts us at 28. James getting cut is another 9mill but we'd need a RT which I'm fine with Young, Smith and Sternup

No need to restructure anybody

Ozzy rules!!

I'm hopeful they will be able to work a late-round pick trade for James.....given the high demand for right tackles......and low availability of them.
A sellers market!......Browns , Bengals. Broncos, Cardinals, Giants , and probably others!...Contact them all and see what they are prepared to offer.

Back
Top Bottom