Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

Screw the emailer, the writer, Tom Brady, Belichek, and the Pats. Actually, screw the emailer twice for insulting the legacy of Marino. Maybe he should go join the Cheatriots fan club.

No way the guy that wrote that email is a Dolphins fan. Sounds like a patsy to me.

Maybe Philbin went for the FG to test out the new, cheaper kicker in cold weather situations? Lol! Carp is making something like 3 Mil next season.

A North East Phin fan taking Brady over Marino any day of the week? I stopped reading at that point. MIAMI simply has the most fair weather fans you could possibly imagine. And to have a 'sports writer' using such dribble to make a point, is moronic.

One thing is clear, you guys are wasting time ripping Armando. If he's using emails as a source of his material he's not sensitive and he's not changing.

The 4th and 9 play is a dumb focal point but we were definitely overly conservative in that game. Tannehill seemed to believe 10 or 14 points would be plenty to beat Brady on the road. It's still hard to believe anyone praised him for that performance. Newsflash: You can't assign 7 points to every threatening possession, and claim it should have been 21-14, or whatever. That's the same mindset that whines about close losses while taking for granted all the tight wins.

It's probably a bad break that Tannehill's first game against the Patriots turned into a relatively low scoring affair with Brady not at his best. You can't get lulled into believing they are a normal team. Tannehill had no sense of urgency in the rematch.

Schefter broke the Philbin hiring. Armando "learned" of the hiring about 10-15 minutes later.
I think it was the other way around. He was also first with the Sparano firing mostly because he was in bed with Tony. Salguero is in bed with the owner and the entire front office.

Philbin went for a field goal from the exact spot the Patsies passed on kicking one from earlier. The call at hand was moronic and thinking the game would have changed with that field goal is equally moronic.

Unfortunately we struggle getting ten yards on three downs yet alone picking up a first on fourth and nine. This offense is the definition of conservative. We've lacked the big play possibility for the last five years, I doubt that changes. Philbin may not be the next coming of Shula but we should have a pretty good idea after the season whether or not he's our guy. We either have a good season and he sticks around or he and Ireland both get the boot. I can't imagine a in between scenario. Ireland should get him the players he needs, it will be up to him to make his legacy as a HC in the league. I've been a strong backer of Philbin well before he was signed, I just hope he produces the goods.

Did Armando just collect another pay check off someone else's letter...? All he did was paste the guy's words down and call the article his.

No he collected a paycheck because thousands of Dolphin fans clicked the link and went to his blog. This wasn't a article for the herald it was a post on his blog. I would imagine that's a bit different.

Regardless, he thanks us all.

Well this is a no point thread by retarded Salguero and the fake Miami fan.Once again wit salgueros negativity about the dolphins taking it overboard in a meaningless game.Philbin taking plenty of chances during the season especially going offside kick in jets game,winning 7 games when the league projected Fins to only win 2 wit no playmakers.Good coach in Philbin and future QB in Tannehill, wit a few more moves on offensive playmakers,pass rusher and Cb we will be easily in the playoffs next yr. Salguero needs to go to boston like he was rumored.Everyone around the league like the well respected ones sees a bright future in the Dolphins.

Ben Volin and Barry Jackson are the best local guys. Only guys I go to for info. I go to Omar for yucks and to make myself feel more intelligent.

I wish someone would send a letter to Armando about Armando:

Armando,

I'm a life long Dolphins fan living in New York. Living in NY I have a better pulse on what the Bills beat writers are doing than I do the Miami Dolphins beat writers. I'd take Mark Gaughan of Buffalo articles eighty five times over yours and four thousand times on Sunday. The problem is speculative writing and reaching for news worthy facts. While Gaughan covers more the basics of football like the head coaching search in Buffalo, the up coming draft, team needs and free agency you tend to cover things like "Where is Steven Ross's private jet heading....could it be for a new GM", "Yesterday I talked to several "inside" sources and they all say Egnew isn't going to make it" and of course "what really is the Miami Dolphins off season plan?"

While the stories you provide are indeed entertaining for there lack of insight they are also readily available from the lowest of website including Bleacher Report. I would like to see more out of you Armando, gaining slightly more football related topics would get you to the level of Omar but that isn't a very lofty goal either, that is like aspiring to star in Killer Klowns From Outerspace yeah it gets you on TV but an Oscar nod it will not. No Armando I think you can get to Ben Volin's level with a little effort and insight. Grab a seat and a keyboard and call of those "inside" sources and grab and interview with Ryan Tannehlll or Cameron Wake. Maybe even some insight into the actual reason Ross's jet heads toward NYC so often his huge development project in Manhattan. Maybe a little depth on the contracts of veterans like Bush, Hartline and Long or maybe an article on how Philbin persevered in Miami even after the loss of his son given the one year anniversary of his death is upon us.

So in closing, enough of the half truths and speculation that makes up little more than tabloid news, give us something on par with the local town newspaper, we aren't asking you to be the BBC News or Time Life, just good enough to be a Buffalo beat writer with some Miami sprinkled in. That's all we want.

Thank you,

The Fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom