Salguero: Philbin wants to build through the draft, not free agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Philbin wants to build through the draft, not free agency

Wasn't aware Green Bay hadn't signed a free agent in 2 years. Quite impressive but they are very good in their scouting department and coaching. Manning obviously poses a dilemma with this philosophy so I have to question whether they go after Flynn if they miss on Manning.

Wasn't aware Green Bay hadn't signed a free agent in 2 years. Quite impressive but they are very good in their scouting department and coaching. Manning obviously poses a dilemma with this philosophy so I have to question whether they go after Flynn if they miss on Manning.
Yeah that team is very much home grown. Charles Woodson is the only big signing that comes to mind.

I think that for the most part Ireland shares that philosophy. The problem is that they haven't been able to develop players, and they've more or less busted on some prime draft picks (White, Henne, Jerry, Turner, Merling, etc.)

That is really impressive work from Ted Thompson and his team.

i didnt see where philbin said he wants to build through the draft.

Because yet another thread with a misleading title has been started to stir up more ****. I swear, people just see what they wanna see I guess.

I hope we do have an attitude of building through the draft and I hope this includes Qb and not just drafting linemen every damn year

Peyton is a 2-3guard yeaf option. We can still easily build through the draft. We can draft a qb this year or next and when peyton hangs it up, well have our. Youngbuck ready to roll.

I dont think getting Manning means we arent building through the draft. Getting Manning is smart football and smart business. Smart football in the sense that you can re-enact the Aaron Rodgers model by still drafting a young QB for Manning to groom for the next two years. That way the transition is smooth and we're not hitching our wagon to a rookie QB who is in over his head. It's smart business in the sense that instead of continuing a rebuild and being mediocre at best while the kinks are worked out, you play some competititve football, make yourself an attractive destination for both fans and other players.

i think that for the most part ireland shares that philosophy. The problem is that they haven't been able to develop players, and they've more or less busted on some prime draft picks (white, henne, jerry, turner, merling, etc.)

^^^this!

Back
Top Bottom